|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
|Commander Anthology (CMT)||None|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Zombie Wizard
When Corpse Augur dies, you draw X cards and you lose X life, where X is the number of creature cards in target player's graveyard.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Corpse Augur Discussion
1 week ago
I run a very similar deck. Feel free to check it out for ideas.
A few cards I'd suggest. Venser, Shaper Savant (another way to get rid of pesky enchantments etc. Gross with sage of fables), Sakashima the Impostor (double dethrone is great, copy Marchesa!), Sadistic Hypnotist (hand hate closes games), Jokulhaups (douchey but extremely effective.), Corpse Augur (life loss + card draw on an aggressive body), Dimir House Guard (finds sneak attack or it's a sac outlet, win/win.), Disciple of Bolas (a little lifegain is needed), Falkenrath Aristocrat (hastey sac outlet is gud), Fulminator Mage, Gray Merchant of Asphodel (alt win-con and emergency abusable lifegain), Grim Haruspex (omg why isn't this in here?),
1 month ago
(I would add a proper community card but that feature seems to be malfunctioning right now.)
Farly straightforward, this card would mostly be Zedruu the Greathearted (although a different character, not simply her gone evil or something) with a casting cost of and an activation cost of . In EDH, this could lead to some fun usage of cards like the following:
(I realize you can basically already do this with any Grixis commander + e.g. Bazaar Trader, but that's a bit less straightforward.)
Wall of cards Show
I'm unsure what would be suitable for its upkeep ability. Just copying Zedruu's straight off isn't too inappropriate, as drawing is certainly associated with black and life gain isn't too far out either, but that's kinda boring. Replacing the life gain with something negative towards opponents like milling, discard or plain life loss proportional to the amount of gifted permanent could be one option that's more in line with the color change (thought the negative effects would probably targeted in order to preserve some political potential). Putting a +1/+1 counter per gift on Zedruu the Grixishearted to take advantage of commander damage could also work (especially when combined with auras like Herald of Torment), in which case you could also change power/toughness from the original's 2/4 to 4/2 to signal greater aggression.
For the sake of flavor its subtype would be Horse Djinn, with the artwork depicting a djinn with a mare's head, wearing a mouth-covering veil.
Feedback would be welcome, especially on ways to make Grixis!Zedruu more distinct from the original while still fulfilling the basic function of giving out torturous black cards, in addition to the blue and red ones they both share.
(A version containing green could also be made for the sake of giving that color a chance to show off its painful cards, in which case the creature in question should probably have monkey paws.)
2 months ago
Cauldron of Souls persist is such a nice skill with this Deck. I am considering to take it.
I will look into the other cards when I get home.
Thanks btw :D
3 months ago
3 months ago
Okay. it seems like I need a lot more draw, so I'm going to move in the direction of permanents that draw cards, because they work better with malfegor. I'm also getting rid of a bunch more discard spells, and a couple draw cards that I think could be better.
4 months ago
First I recommend taking out: Havengul Runebinder, Cemetery Recruitment, Undead Alchemist, Nantuko Husk, Geralf's Masterpiece, Geralf's Mindcrusher, Ashes of the Fallen, Perpetual Timepiece, Secrets of the Dead, Ancient Excavation, Murder, Compelling Deterrence, Liliana's Mastery, Obelisk of Urd, Graf Harvest, and Zombie Infestation, Ghoulcaller's Chant,
Cards that you should put in: Gravecrawler, Gravespawn Sovereign, Gray Merchant of Asphodel, Grave Pact, Unholy Grotto, Sidisi, Undead Vizier, Living Death, Cryptbreaker, Death Baron, Phyrexian Reclamation, High Market, Corpse Harvester, Balthor the Defiled, Reassembling Skeleton, Skullclamp, Grave Defiler, Graveborn Muse, Zombie Apocalypse, Crypt of Agadeem, Geier Reach Sanitarium, Reliquary Tower, Bojuka Bog, Diabolic Intent, Patriarch's Bidding, and Demonic Tutor.
If you are really trying to stay Timmy with the deck, then I won't recommend Phyrexian Altar because it goes infinite with Gravecrawler and any kind of death/ETB trigger, but then again, it does it with Rooftop Storm and a sac outlet too.
Other cards that can be really good in zombies include: Sheoldred, Whispering One, Corpse Connoisseur, Zombie Trailblazer, Twilight's Call, Geth, Lord of the Vault, Demonic Collusion, Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet, Scourge of Nel Toth, River Kelpie, Phyrexian Arena, Attrition, Kokusho, the Evening Star, Burnished Hart, Disciple of Bolas, Harvester of Souls, Damnation, Rune-Scarred Demon, Phenax, God of Deception, Beacon of Unrest, Corpse Augur, Palace Siege, Infernal Caretaker, Contamination, Plague Belcher, Vengeful Dead, Dread Wanderer, Boneknitter, Grimoire of the Dead, Pontiff of Blight, Custodi Lich
5 months ago
A couple of options to consider:
- Blind Obedience is really good in multiplayer. Daxos tends to take a bit to get off the ground, so slowing down your opponents and being able to stack up some extra life can be really valuable. -
- You have a lot of ways to spend mana other than spells, so Eidolon of Rhetoric and/or Rule of Law can really help you outvalue your opponents.
- You might consider one more way to protect Daxos. Flickering Ward could be a good option, especially with Serra's Sanctum to generate tons of white mana.
- I like Cessation / Cage of Hands as options for shutting down enemy commanders. Since Daxos tends to go long, removals are actually a bit weak for commander control.
- Skybind is one of my favorite Daxos tech cards. Both Daxos and Heliod can make enchantments at instant speed, which allows Skybind to act as more or less a repeatable Maze of Ith.
In terms of possible cuts:
- Athreos seems marginal. The deck is creature light and people will happily pay for anything that's actually relevant enough.
- It doesn't look like you have a lot of ways to abuse Faith's Reward. It'd really require the right set of circumstances to give 4 mana in value.
- You have a lot of ways to spend life, but not a lot of ways to recoup it. Corpse Augur is probably your least good way of spending life for cards and can probably safely go.
- Citadel Siege is a possibility. It locks down some problem cards, but maybe it could go if you went for something like Cage or Skybind?
- Diabolic Revelation may not end up being amazing. I find that Daxos almost always has something to do with mana, so expensive tutors (even if they can get multiple cards) can end up being somewhat dead. It may be good, but I'd recommend keeping an eye on it.
5 months ago
This may be one of the best wizard-tribe decks I've seen thus far; especially considering its cost. Since you're using some expensive (in terms of CMC) instants and sorceries in this deck, it might be worth it to add Mizzix of the Izmagnus. I'd replace Corpse Augur with it (you have plenty of more efficient draw capabilities any way).