|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Magic Game Night (GNT)||Uncommon|
|Eldritch Moon (EMN)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Zombie Horror
, Discard two cards: Return Advanced Stitchwing from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped.
Advanced Stitchwing Discussion
1 month ago
Activated abilities can have wording which imply from where it is legal to activate them (defaulting to the battlefield in the absence of other indicators), even if the card text doesn't outright define it.
For example, Advanced Stitchwing has an activated ability which is implied to only function when the card is in the graveyard, and the Gatherer rulings confirm this ("Advanced Stitchwing's last ability can only be activated while it's in your graveyard"). Presumably when the rulings for Lochmere Serpent are available, they will explicitly state something similar.
7 months ago
Some cards to consider:
- Bojuka Bog : A must include in any black commander deck.
- Boneknitter : Utility, simple as that.
- Corpse Harvester : Out with the old, in with the new... and a swamp!
- Cryptbreaker : So much value in such a small package. Token generating, card draw, good in the early and late game... what is not to love about this card!
- Death Baron : A zombie lord with some extra punch Sure he doesn't get deathtouch himself, but all those 2/2 tokens that are now 3/3 deathtouch.
- Dread Summons : Ever seen those zombie movies with that big hoard that just keeps coming... that's this card. Gives you a bunch of tokens, and recursion bait for your commander.
- Endless Ranks of the Dead : Card title kind of says it all for this one. Obviously not the best in metas with wrath effects coming down every turn, but shines like a copper penny otherwise.
- Ghoulcaller Gisa : So take one creature, throw it under the bus, and get more...
- Grave Titan : Why this thing isn't a zombie I will never know. 6/6 for 6, deathtouch, and brings two friends with it AND when it attacks.
- Graveborn Muse : Card draw based on zombies, who is also a zombie!
- Infernal Caretaker : Mass recursion, either play them out, or discard them back for more effects.
- Liliana, Death's Majesty : Just an all around strong zombie planeswalker.
- Liliana's Mastery : Zombies + an anthem that won't be a big target for removal.
- Lord of the Undead : A low to the ground zombie lord with recursion on a stick.
- Noxious Ghoul : Sweeps out low toughness cards for things you're already doing. Just great value.
- Relentless Dead : A great early drop, and late game it serves as a sac target + recursion.
- Shepherd of Rot : Yes it hits you, but this can be such a major threat.
- Undead Warchief : Cheaper zombies, and bigger zombies. All in one convenient package.
- Awaken the Erstwhile : Disruption, plain and simple. Sure it hurts your hand too, but you are the one with all the zombie based anthems.
- Victim of Night : Doomblade 2.0, but hits black creatures.
- Sidisi, Undead Vizier : You'll have so many tokens kicking around to exploit that she's just a straight tutor, and if she ever hits the graveyard just use her again with Scarab God.
- Fleshbag Marauder : Hurts them a lot more than you, and enter the battlefield abilities are great with Scarab around.
- Josu Vess, Lich Knight : Solid 4/5 Menace for 4, got the extra 6 mana though and he brings friends who also have menace.
- Wonder : Flying zombies... yep, that's scary.
- Pull from Tomorrow : Nice draw on an instant with the added benefit to pitch something for Scarab to target.
- Price of Fame : Legendary killer + Surveil 2... love it.
- Sinister Sabotage : Counterspell + Surveil... love it too.
- Paradox Haze : You've got a couple effects that trigger on upkeep, why not double up?
- The deck currently seems to be going in two directions, you have a large zombie theme which I love, but you also have a minor mill theme which seems out of place.
- Advanced Stitchwing : Slow for what it gives, even on the bounce back it comes back tapped.
- Apprentice Necromancer : This is one I'm on the fence suggesting, it's a one use for one turn only.
- Grimgrin, Corpse-Born : This guy is beast, but he works best in a deck build around him.
- Lamplighter of Selhoff : Slow, for his effect.
- Merciless Eternal : He's not bad, just a lot better things to include in the 3 cost bracket.
- Phenax, God of Deception : Love this guy, really do, but he's out of place here because he's a mill guy who loves big butts.
- Relentless Skaabs : This guy does everything you don't want as he hurts your graveyard in order to even hit play.
- Servant of Tymaret : Slow with high cost. In order to make the best use of him you have to be attacking, and if the way isn't clear that means a 3 mana tax just for 1 life on each opponent.
- Spiteful Returned : Don't hate it, but better things out there.
- Stitchwing Skaab : Suffers from the same as Advanced Stitchwing.
- Undead Alchemist : This guy can go either way, but the way I look at him is generally people have more cards in their decks than life, so it's easier to take out their life.
- Vindictive Lich : This guy is fun, though for his cost there is a lot more out there.
- Exotic Orchard : Risky unless you know your playgroup always has one of your colors, otherwise it's just a colorless and a swamp or island would be just as good.
- Leechridden Swamp : Slows you down for a minor effect.
- Path of Ancestry : Phenax is the only other god creature, so even if you keep him in it's very slow for the benefit it probably will never get the chance to give.
- Coat of Arms : I love this card, I really do, but it's a calculated risk and I find zombies are usually too slow of it. Run up against a goblin or elf deck and this will do more for your opponent.
- Mindcrank : This is another I'm on the fence with as it pairs really well with Scarab.
- Vanquisher's Banner : Good card, though you're not casting all those tokens so you're only getting a bit of a benefit from it.
- Liliana Vess : Good card, out of place in this deck unless you are going heavier into the mill.
- Ob Nixilis Reignited : Just completely out of place for zombie tribal.
- Glimpse the Unthinkable : One of those mill cards, it suffers as a one of.
- Rise from the Grave : Expensive for effect.
- Ruthless Disposal : This isn't bad in this deck, but compared to Morbid Slip for example it lacks that added shine.
- Curse of Disturbance : So much politics, this is VERY meta dependent as to if players fall for the bait.
- Quest for the Gravelord : This can work out, but more often then not stuff isn't dying fast enough or it just gets pinged with early removal.
- Search for Azcanta Flip: More at home in a non-creature strategy.
- Torment of Scarabs : Most people can play around this with not too much fuss, and it gives all the choice to them. I'd prefer some targeted removal.
2 years ago
If you want to have more fun with the Wolf tokens, Raised by Wolves would double the number of wolves you have when Fed to the Pack.
So, I'm trying to think of cards that'll come in and out of the graveyard to keep Feeding the Pack, but in the colors of blue and green, options are limited.
Brackwater Elemental, Advanced Stitchwing, Deathmist Raptor look like the only usable ones, and they're not great. Deathmist Raptor and Feed the Pack have synergy with with Den Protector, Dragon's Eye Savants, and Qarsi Deceiver, but that's about it. This morph thing might be an idea for a different deck.
2 years ago
There are also some nice flying zombies in blue, such as Stitchwing Skaab, Advanced Stitchwing, and Geralf's Masterpiece. Staying in Orzhov, there are some neat interactions with Haunted Dead that award you with fliers, especially if you have Anointed Procession on the field.
2 years ago
There are several cards that can reanimate themselves, such as Gravecrawler, Haunted Dead, Advanced Stitchwing, Bloodghast, and Bloodsoaked Champion. Perhaps those could be of use? Also, why are there and cards in here?
2 years ago
I planned on having Advanced Stitchwing only played from the graveyard, allowing me to discard as well as get him cheaper, so I factor him as a CMC 3 atm. But I do agree on Zombie Apocalypse needing to be removed, so I updated the deck with some Thoughtseize, though idk if I would prefer Inquisition of Kozilek or not, considering how much life I will already be losing to just lands alone.
2 years ago
Thank's very much for your comments.
(#1) U/R Emerge I have been playing for 6 months and Cathartic Reunion are good in this deck. But it's not very good when countered him. We discard 2 cards and in the hand we have too few cards, so in my opinion Tormenting Voice is better in this situation, in beginning of the game, you must discard to the Advanced Stitchwing or Stitchwing Skaab on graveyard. If it's countered Tormenting Voice, we will just drop one card without losing much of the cards on the hand.
Embalmer's Tools, i think this card is a good for working with graveyard, we no have so many slots in this deck that we could replace and we have 2 good 2 drops ( Bloodrage Brawler, Stitchwing Skaab, Tormenting Voice).
2 years ago
Todespudel - I'm not sure what discard mechanic you are referring to. The only card I have in my main deck with a discard ability is Cryptbreaker and he is more for the card draw than discard outlet in this deck. If I were to put Prized Amalgam in the deck I would need more ways to pitch it like Haunted Dead, Advanced Stitchwing, ect. That is not the point of this deck. There are plenty of decks like this already out there from before Amonkhet the best probably being the red/blue zombie list. Prized Amalgam just doesn't fit in this deck with only 4 creatures able to pitch him and 6 that could get him back.
No data for this card yet.