|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Artifact Creature — Scarecrow
Tap: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
Tap: Target creature becomes the color or colors of your choice until end of turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (12)||frederiklw , Atroxreaper , bakunet , Totally_A_Spy , ZombieSam , Sprx101 , Themasterpirate , nakni , TThors , susureedjango , bakeraj4 , rockleemyhero|
|Want (17)||cwidje , ryandobby , Nekospy , Sharpie1584 , shootersam12 , notsaying , mafddawg , Magicwolfpack , gruner , Jspeed , NotVoss , MpJackal , arfar , TheEyesOfLife , Skullion123 , Vanpiil , Cetriel|
3 days ago
Oh and you can run Sakashima the Impostor to get a second copy of Reaper King in play.
Finally there is Noxious Gearhulk . It would just be good utility and it would be another synergy card with Scarecrone.
2 weeks ago
First I'd suggest you edit your deck list and under Format where it says Standard, change this to Modern. EDIT - Ugh, I can't actually suggest the linked cards because your deck is in the wrong format. :-(
I can think of maybe three ways to help fix your mana, that don't involve splashing green (not you Scuttlemutt or Vesper Ghoul), the first is Lotus Bloom. The second is in a similar vein Pentad Prism, slightly less efficient though. The third is a 2 card combo Invisible Stalker + Dowsing Dagger Flip, obviously this would dilute your deck more than the first two options, but maybe?
Fog effects will protect your Planeswalkers Darkness, Holy Day if you are worried about creature damage, Apostle's Blessing will work in most cases (sigh, Eldrazi), both would require you to keep 1 mana open though, then again your a control deck with counter-spells, so that shouldn't be an issue.
Your last issue is the toughest to provide a solution to, maybe Myth Realized, Cryptic Serpent? Left-field Laboratory Maniac, if you Ad Nauseam on your opponents turn or Conflagrate, if you Ad Nauseam on your turn? I'd also suggest a Boseiju, Who Shelters All in your sideboard, to protect the combo kill...
Thats all I've got, hope this at least gives you some ideas, good luck with your brew.
2 months ago
You have a couple unique opportunities here.
For the Land condition, use Nylea's Presence on your Darksteel Citadel. It's cheap and its a cantrip as well. That also enables Landwalk abilities if you play it on your opponent, but that's a thought for a different day. If you were to have at least 1 of each basic land in your deck outside of what you need, than you could also play Wild-Field Scarecrow or something simple like Cultivate.
If you really wanted to be a dickhole, use Arcane Adaptation and play token generating spells like Raise the Alarm or Dragon Fodder which basically means pay , make two 2/2 "Scarecrow" tokens (remember the lord effect from the King) and blow up 2 permanents.
2 months ago
An interesting deck, kind of reminds me of an Ashling the Pilgrim build a buddy of mine ran. That card could get really crazy really quickly. Perhaps it is one you could consider for the 99 or an alternate commander if you want to mix things up.
I kind of respect a player who rolls Mono Red in commander, it isn't easy to get right, but when you do it is so much fun. In fact my personal favorite deck is Mono Red see Its the Wrath of Starke.
I'm also surprised to not find a Chandra, Torch of Defiance in this list. She is just so flexible.
A Star of Extinction might also not be too bad. Solid board clear that can deal with a pesky land and synergizes with Stuffy Doll. Volcanic Offering and Frenzied Fugue are also quite nice, but sadly neither is available in foil.
2 months ago
Thanks for the comment!
3 months ago
You don't seem to be playing very many cards that are able to change the color of a creature, here are some suggestions:
6 months ago
Celestial Purge is a good sideboard card in its own right, and with Painter's Servant (and Scuttlemutt) it's even better since you can blow up lands and other non-black/red permanents with it as well if you need to. It could replace Maelstrom Pulse with it in the sideboard, 4 Pulse is usually too many anyways. While we're talking about sideboards, the one Serum Visions is honestly a wasted slot. It doesn't directly improve any of your matchups, and having a slightly higher chance of drawing one won't change the game in your favor. Either move it into the main or cut it; another Thoughtseize would use that spot better.
Also, Negate is better than Heroic Intervention, especially since you're a lot more heavily weighted towards blue. It can hit more things and it does everything Intervention does (beats sweepers and removal) so it's almost always going to be better; Intervention was meant to be a replacement Negate for green decks without access to blue, so for a blue deck to be playing it over Negate seems... inefficient? I can't really think of the word. You can also play Dispel for cheaper protection.
Moving on, from what I can tell Call to the Kindred was meant to be an extra Reaper King tutor, but I think 4 copies is too many. It's a very slow card and can easily end up in a 2-for-1 without you being able to get any value out of it. You don't want to draw more than one copy of a slow card like that (generally 4 copies means you want to draw multiples each game), especially taking its cmc into account, so I suggest dropping to 3 or 2 copies.
I know someone said this already, but with the number of artifacts you're playing (22, I think the above comment missed the Pentad Prisms and Chromatic Stars), Spire of Industry is pretty much a direct upgrade to Mana Confluence.
Anyways, you've made a pretty neat deck. Good job.
6 months ago
@ForTheOldFrame: Thanks for your upvote and your detailed comment and sorry for posting so late. I was busy the last days and didn't find the time to reply.
I will try to answer to all your suggestion but I myself aren't an expert in EDH too. So maybe I am wrong with some choices and many cards depend on teh playgroup you are playing:
- Mentor of the Meek: Is already on my maybe list and goes in the deck as soon as I can get it.
- Concerted Effort: Is already on my maybe list and goes in the deck as soon as I can get it. But I will probably not build the deck around it. So Lost Auramancers, Plea for Guidance and Windbrisk Heights are out. Especially Windbrisk Heights as my rebels normally only attack once with three creatures or more.
- Land drops are an issue so Journeyer's Kite and Thawing Glaciers are great choice and I will try them out.
- Temple of the False God: I tend to have it on my starting hand nearly every time I play it in a deck. So I am not a big fan of this card. But with Journeyer's Kite and Thawing Glaciers it is maybe worth a try.
- Sword of the Animist: Mostly I need my rebels to control the table and don't have a chance to attack the first rounds.
- Rebels mitigate the lack of good carddraw in white by tutoring for your creatures. Normally I tend to keep 4-6 cards in my hand and use my mana to tutor for rebels or recast Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero so I don't need Jayemdae Tome, Armistice or Slate of Ancestry. Especially the later I think is not a good option with rebels. If you have enough rebels on the field you normally search for Mirror Entity and attack with your army.
- Light of Day synergices very well with Scuttlemutt and Distorting Lens so I will try it out.
- Cataclysm: Great suggestion and I will try to get one ;-)
- Fated Retribution is not the only instant wrath in white. There is also Rout. And I think if I add Cataclysm I am fine with wrath effects.
- Catastrophe and Armageddon are good option, but as I mostly play casual I leave them out.
- Cessation is better than Pacifism but at the moment Pacifism is only a placeholder and will get out of the deck. Presumable for an other suggestion form you.
- My playgroup mostly plays with older cards and so we decided to ban all planeswalkers. So Elspeth Tirel and Gideon of the Trials are out for me.
- Angel's Trumpet is a good card but not in my build, I think it is possibly in rebels but you have to build the deck differently.
- The runes cycle: Great suggestion. As rebels have already good answers against red and black I will try to find room for the three other runes.
- Icatian Store: I don't like the old storage land and I think that Fountain of Cho is strictly better. But normally I need my mana every turn and not a lot of mana in one turn. The only exception is Mirror Entity so I think I don't need it. But maybe I will try it out some day.
- Kongming, "Sleeping Dragon": For mone white Benalish Marshal is better and I will get one for this deck.
- Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite is great but to expensive (money) for me.
- Pariah and Pariah's Shield: I think you are right and the runes are better suited for the deck.
So thanks again for your comment and now I have the problem to find cards to take out for your suggestions ;-)