|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Rare|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Angel
Flying (This creature can't be blocked except by creatures with flying or reach.)
Whenever Blinding Angel deals combat damage to a player, that player skips his or her next combat phase.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (8)||Spinalripper , NCN946 , miracle , Tiddilywinkus , MrCrazzyc , Psycheretic , LaKU , Poptartz95|
|Want (3)||vashaclarens , ShishkyBob , samuelianstorm|
Blinding Angel Discussion
2 days ago
You should just play 4 wrath of god instead of the day of judgements. It's the same cost but makes them not able to be regenerated. The quarantine field is too slow, maybe change it for something like Cast Out or Ixalan's Binding. The akroma should be a sideboard because otherwise it's too slow and doesn't do much, in it's place I would go up a Gisela. I would go down a ghostly prison and then go up another oblivion ring. Fumigate is another good board clear, allowing you to gain life as well. I would switch out the Avacyn, angel of hope, for Avacyn, the Purifier. It costs less and has flash with basically the same mechanic. Celestial Flare is another great way to get around hexproof. The thalia's lancers seem like a dead draw, so I found some big angels: Angel of Invention, Archangel of Thune, Archangel of Tithes, Baneslayer Angel, Blinding Angel, Linvala, Keeper of Silence, and Sunblast Angel. I hope this helped!
1 month ago
Have you considered Blinding Angel? This will skip the opponents attack phase. I use Angel's Trumpet and either Dolmen Gate or Iroas, God of Victory for free swings on my turn and to tap the opponents creatures.
My deck has a pretty heavy prison slant but there might be some other creatures you could consider if you wanted to take a look.
2 months ago
Okay, brace yourself. I'm going all out.
- P.S. Sorry that my inner spike ignores price...
Cards to Cut: Show
- You don't need two 8 drops. She doesn't give global support like Avacyn, and Avy is your commander so she's already better. I say choose one (and we all know which 8 drop you should keep).
- I get the value of Shepherd, but it comes down to the same thing. You should only have one 7 drop. Pick one.
- Both are good. Just cut one. This will help curve out better and play more aggressively.
- So this card is okay, but not as good as it looks at a glance. The player has to draw 2+ cards at once, or in a similar fashion. Collector's replacement effect does not apply if a player cantrips after their draw step, or something of that sort.
- Life is not that important. Really. I get that he blocks, but Jubilation or Tithes can block too and they are overall better cards for a Staxy build.
- Great, great card. Super Stax. Only issue, is you need to have your artifacts. Tabernacleing your artifacts hurts you significantly worse than your opponents.
Maybe Mother of Runes
I know you love her, but really she doesn't contribute to the Stax theme. She "helps" curve, but I think we can do better here.
- This hurts you equally or more so than opponents. Yeah, this shuts down aggro token decks, but you need to swing with your fat fatties. The goal of this deck is to lock everybody in the game down, but giving yourself a slight advantage to get big creatures out to swing with.
- This is essentially a worse version of Aurification.
- Really this doesn't do that much. It could, but it's not worth it. A mana rock would be a better slot in, really.
This absolutely needs to go. This literally destroys everything that you set up from turn 1-10. It is such a nonbo that there is no real justifiable reason or "synergy" to include this card.
I get that this can grab any land, but it really is a waste of a turn. A lock hurts your opponents and gives you an advantage that is similar to ramp, but also makes you more and more likely to win the game. Serra's Sanctum doesn't win you the game. Make sense?
- Pseudo Stax because of the exile effect, but really I still don't think you need this. I cannot stress enough how you will always have the better and stronger creatures, so 6 mana to equip this for such a small ability isn't worth it, in my opinion.
- Cool, you get to draw some cards, but you help everyone else too!? No! This is the opposite of what you want to do. Deprive, deprive, deprive. You will have the upper hand enough that this meager card draw is irrelevant.
- This or Weathered Wayfarer needs to go. Reason being is that they counteract each other. You can keep both if you think you can play around it, but really I don't think it would hurt to let go of one or the other. Your call.
- Im sorry man, but this card is not very good. I can show you so many lands that would be better. Scrap this one.
- Really, games won't go on so long that you will have to recast Avy enough times to worry about this. Plains would just be better.
- I know this has a decent ceiling, but there will be games where you have 10 lands out and still don't get this trigger.
- This is a good card, but really I don't think it will be all that relevant. Your call, but a basic would be just as good, really.
- Really I don't know what this does for the deck, besides coming in tapped. Not trying to harp, but I don't see you using this ability hardly at all.
- This card is sooooo baaaad. It's very overrated, and it's too slow. You want to just outrun your opponents long enough until they trip. This makes you trip and your opponents catch up.
This is up to you. It can whiff hard, even more than Sky Ruin. Especially with the land destruction in the deck. I say pass on this, and I'll find you a better but similar replacement.
Cards to Add: Show
With all the artifacts you should be running, this card is great. Even without a ton of artifacts, this just tells your opponents "no".
- You might want to get rid of Ghostway, but this is great. It shuts down flicker/blink decks, shuts down Worldgorger Dragon combo, and so much more. All of my goblin cheaters, everything. This is a good card.
- Winter Orb on a creature. This should go in (all of this land hate will make sense in a little bit).
- Basically Pithing Needle on a critter. Both of those are almost as good as Nevermore, but cheaper. So they balance out.
Maybe Sanctum Prelate
- Almost Trinisphere. Again, both of those are good.
- Needs. More. Thalia.
Good graveyard hate. It does have the chance to nonbo with Emeria and maybe some others, but again, you control when to cast things. Also, you can play RIP years before Emeria. So think about what can get you more use: A card that sticks around for 8 turns, or one that sticks around for a few?
- Good combo card with RIP. I know you think it's confusing, but all it says when paired with RIP is, ", : Mill all cards in target opponent's library."
- Great taxers. You should have enough artifact ramp to negate this effect.
- This might be better than, equal, or mutually good compared to Quicksilver Amulet. Lower CMC, easier to get benefit from, but takes time to set up. This is up to you, but it is not mana intensive, meaning you can lock up the board and play stuff for free each turn. Thats huge.
- You know tons of cards to name with this card. Lands, booger creatures, etc. Plus, if you see your opponent has their commander with an activated ability, name that!
Maybe Grafdigger's Cage
- This is more graveyard hate, but really might just be a worse card than RIP. Both might be good, but really this is just a suggestion for you to see at the very least.
- Might as well deter your opponents from attacking you as much as possible. This is not a great card, but paired with all of your locks and Prison effects it nearly stops your cold.
- Hurts your opponents for playing without any repercussions on your behalf. This wrecks against mono-colored or when paired with Winter Orb
- Both this and Hokori, Dust Drinker. You will see why lands dont matter as much in this deck.
- Maybe also the moxen (Mox Diamond, Chrome Mox, Mox Opal) because theyre free ramp
- These all are abusable mana rocks. They generate tons of mana, bypass all of the taxers you set up, and can let you get Avy, or really any of your high drops, out super early.
- I think this is a must. This lets you reuse any mana rock that generates more than 1 mana.
This is a little gimmicky, but it can turn off Winter Orb and the likes, plus it lets you reuse mana rocks again. If it had a little lower CMC then this would be an auto-include.
Remember when I said that I would suggest a better Temple of the False God? Well, here ya go. Right out of the gate it works. Yes, sac it if you play a land, but the tempo this skips you ahead is justifiable without a doubt.
- Dude, come on. Run this. Hell, maybe even run Wasteland.
This is not all that great, but after an Armageddon you get an extra body, and every bit of a lead you get makes it harder and harder for your opponents to win.
2 months ago
I've started moving some options to my main board.
I haven't play tested this against someone yet but I imagine having 4 Soul Warden's and 4 Soul's Attendant might be a bit much but the idea here is that every creature that is thrown out I get 8 life, which is doubled by Rhox Faithmender which would trigger my 2 Angelic Accord's having two Angel Tokens coming out every turn which triggers it all over again.
This is something I stumbled across during a test draw and didn't really consider, generating all these angels, attaching Celestial Mantle and doubling my life per hit.
3 months ago
Looking nice so far!! Here are some suggestions from my experience, fellow Kaalia player :)
As far as creatures go, pretty much just play the ones you like!
Some less-budget suggestions: Master of Cruelties, pretty much instant kill if they have no blockers. Rune-Scarred Demon, Gisela, Blade of Goldnight, Aurelia, the Warleader, Lord of the Void, Akroma, Angel of Wrath, Gisela, the Broken Blade. Those are some of my favorites. A little heavier on the budget but super fun!
Mid-budget options: Ob Nixilis, Unshackled, Platinum Angel, Anya, Merciless Angel, Mana-Charged Dragon, Rakdos, Lord of Riots, Angel of Despair, Mother of Runes, Deathless Angel, Hellkite Tyrant, Tariel, Reckoner of Souls, Blinding Angel, Overseer of the Damned, Akroma, Angel of Fury.
More budget-friendly options: Angel of Serenity, Angelic Arbiter, Indulgent Tormentor, Reya Dawnbringer, Harvester of Souls, Bloodgift Demon, Exquisite Archangel, Herald of the Host (For multiplayer), Angelic Skirmisher, Bruna, the Fading Light (to pair with Gisela), Seraph of the Sword, Guardian of the Gateless.
There are obviously numerous options as far as creatures go. Those are a couple of mine. But don't go off just what other people say- if you don't like the feel of killing someone outright with Master of Cruelties, don't get him! If you want to play a little more defensive you can run Seraph of the Sword and Guardian of the Gateless or something! Just play what you want to! :)
Not really sure about the curses. I personally probably wouldn't run them, but they seem fun!
Dragon Tempest is a good include. Give all your fliers haste!
You definitely want ramp, and I see you have some. The appropriate signets, Commander's Sphere, Darksteel Ingot, probably the cluestones (They can draw you cards, which is usually more useful than getting a small creature until end of turn, as with the keyrunes).
If you're going to spend a little more, the check lands like Clifftop Retreat and Dragonskull Summit are great. Scry lands such as Temple of Malice and be very useful. Obviously fetchlands and shocklands are good, but not friendly to the budget at all. I don't think they're worth it sometimes. But everything is up to you! :)
Hopefully these suggestions help! I've said it a lot, but play whatever you think will be the most fun for you! Good luck in the building process- I'll be following along to see how it goes! :)
4 months ago
I've chosen Ghostly Prison over Archangel of Tithes because of my local meta. There are some really fast aggro boardswarm decks like Elves. In my playtest, waiting until turn 4 + they need to pay 1 less mana with Archangel of Tithes was not worth it. Of course Archangel of Tithes would fit the main strategy of the deck much more and is also a viable option for the sideboard.
The ideal starting hand is at least 1x Plains with 1x Weathered Wayfarer or 2x Plains and some low drops. Mulligan in this deck is pretty hard to take. Mulligan to 5 can cost you already the game. But one mulligan is ok if you have 2-3 really high drops (Angels).
Sideboarding 4xNevermore against decks that rely on ONE strategy to win like combo decks or some real cheesy stuff.Mana Tithe is good against Midrange/Control decks that curve out at every turn. Most of the time, it's enough to say that you play Mana Tithe in Sideboard. The psychological effect will make them play around it even if it's not sideboarded.Leyline of Sanctity is important if they play hand disruption.
@BallzanyaBaneslayer Angel and Blinding Angel are nice drops, but i had to cut it to Legendary Angels only. It is much funnier to play with Tutor effects like Thalia's Lancers and searching for what you need.
Acolyte's Reward seems nice. Need to test it.
5 months ago
Beseech the Queen Increasing Ambition Enlightened Tutor Diabolic IntentResolute Archangel Subjugator Angel Sublime Archangel Angel of Finality Archangel Avacyn Flip Crypt Angel Exquisite Archangel Blinding AngelAvaricious Dragon Dragon Mage Dragonmaster Outcast Dragonlord KolaghanHoard-Smelter Dragon Knollspine Dragon Mana-Charged Dragon Siege DragonIndulgent Tormentor Overseer of the Damned Razaketh, the FoulbloodedSire Of Insanity Reya Dawnbringer Gamble Mortify Legion's InitiativeBuried Alive Animate Dead Twilight Shepherd Disciple of BolasPath to Exile Razia's Purification Fellwar Stone Coldsteel HeartTalisman of Indulgence Sunforger Sphere of the Suns CataclysmDesolation Angel Chrome Mox Clifftop Retreat Exotic OrchardHall of the Bandit Lord Nomad Outpost City of Brass Mana ConfluenceSpinerock Knoll Tainted Field Tainted Peak Rocky Tar PitPhyrexian Reclamation Entomb Dance of the Dead Necromancy Mimic VatReforge the Soul Magus of the Wheel Winds of Change Sensei's Divining Top Flamekin Village Toxic Deluge Damnation Crux of FateReflecting Pool Forbidden Orchard