|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human
When Treasure Hunter enters the battlefield, you may return target artifact card from your graveyard to your hand.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Treasure Hunter Discussion
2 weeks ago
By the cards you've added, it's clear that you're conscious of your mana curve, however, I'd say that even with the 2 ramp cards you have, it probably isn't enough for how high your mana curve is. I would also say that you're going to want a lot of creatures and, because of that, I feel like the addition of conjurer's closet actually slows down your deck rather than making it more efficient. There are a few cards that I would add, namely Eerie Interlude and/or Ghostway.Eeerie Interlude is helpful for the large number of creatures you'd want to run with this deck, as it would proc everything, and with panharmonicon on the field, it gets really nasty. Ghostway is helpful to dodge board wipes like wrath of god. I would also suggest Long Road Home, though it returns at the next end step, which can slow the deck instead of helping you tempo. Flickerwisp would also find a very pleasant home here, since it can also combo with panharmonicon. I'm not sure how, but if you could find a use for mycosynth wellspring, it could help the ramp.
Some creature/artifact suggestions:
- Kitchen Finks: this has life gain and persist, so it can be used as a blocker for the flicker effect. And, if it has the -1/-1 counter and you remove it with cloudshift, you would remove the -1/-1 counter as well and give it more survivability.
- Trostani, Selesnya's Voice: The life gain effect triggers with panharmonicon, on top of that, a cheap token production of enter effects could be very useful in the deck.
- Fiend Hunter: can be used to permanently exile creatures abusing the way the stack resolves triggers. If you activate cloudshift in response to fiend hunter's enter the battlefield effect it causes a permanent exile effect. Once cloudshift resolves the new enters the battlefield trigger goes on the stack once you choose a target (if possible). Then the old leaves the battlefield trigger goes on the stack (Assuming this resolves, it does nothing because there's nothing to bring back). Then the new enters the battlefield trigger resolves (When fiend hunter next leaves play, this is the card that will come back). Finally the old enters the battlefield trigger resolves, presumably, exiling something for good. (This explanation comes from Kahedron on mtgsalvation forums)
- Blade Splicer: a 3 cmc creature that drops a 3/3 golem and gives golems first strike? Yes, please. This card is way more efficient than trostani's summoner and definitely a good addition to the deck.
- Elvish Visionary: The deck desperately needs to maintain card advantage in order to stay relevant later in the game (if it gets to that point), so card draw is important. Having a creature that can proc panharmonicon and give you more card advantage is very useful.
- Eternal Witness: Good creature return for relatively cheap, and can proc panharmonicon. Can help maintain card advantage in the late game as easily as card draw does if you are having trouble keeping creatures alive.
- Sigil Captain: This would require you to structure your deck more around 1/1's instead of having larger creatures, but could be a useful addition. Would work well with blade splicer, cathedral sanctifier, farhaven elf, and sylvan ranger.
- Treasure Hunter: A useful card in the event your opponent destroys panharmonicon. I wouldn't put in more than one or two, or sideboard them, as they are only useful if your opponent is destroying your artifacts.
- Wall of Omens: Helpful for maintaining card advantage and a strong defender, if needed.
Sorry for the long post, but I like the deck idea and it gave me some ideas of my own. Hope this helps!
2 months ago
I used to have to run Treasure Hunter and Auramancer until they printed Restoration Specialist I love that card. I bought five foils and use it in any edh deck with white, and recommend it frequently. It's so good with its single use, but having Alesha, Who Smiles at Death or a Sun Titan in your deck just makes it better
6 months ago
This deck also could use Expedition Map to ensure we always find R&D secret lair (don't want to pay for those drinks ourselves. Also consider Paradox Engine with Salvaging Station it goes infinite drinks.
Also Scarecrone is not useful for this deck as she only reoccurs an artifact CREATURE so it can only get the other copy of scarecrone and the 1x Myr Retriever
7 months ago
Hey there, I think you have to lower, even if a little, your CMC. So we have look at cards above 4 mana like Storm Herd, a 10 mana sorcery, that can be replaced by White Sun's Zenith that we can reshuffle and cast at instant speed. Ugin, the Spirit Dragon is excelent BUT in a mono white he needs Grand Abolisher that I dont know if you have never played against it bau is an ingredible pain.... Open the Vaults is great but except for Martyr's Bond the enchantment and majority of artifact can be recovered by Sun Titan, and the other part with Buried Ruin and/or Treasure Hunter (but he is a little bleh). Anyone will pay 2 life in EDH for Norn's Annex and attack with some large fattas so, if you want this card, it can be replaced by Ghostly Prison that we can recover with Sun Titan. The lands: 35 is ok but not all-basic, so you need some cheap land like Buried Ruin from before, Emeria, The Sky Ruin and Terrain Generator is of great help, High Market for False Prophet, Kjeldoran Outpost for tokens, Mirrorpool expecialy to evade counters on your mass removal, Mistveil Plains is never bad reshuffle come cards, Scrying Sheets and Snow-Covered Plains in a mono with are very very good but the snowplains cost some money, Westvale Abbey Flip I think in a token theme is fitting realy good, Winding Canyons to save mana in your turn for other spell, Blighted Steppe for the token theme. That's what came to mind for changes for cars more or less alike, to improve the equipment part Brass Squire can be of use with Argentum Armor and Batterskull for the most. A little combo I will add is + , these two or nim alone for recall some creature that died on the moment, and Wurmcoil Engine or Knight-Captain of Eos for infinite colorless mana and token. Tell me what you think.
8 months ago
In regard to Master of Cruelties he does work with Alesha because his ability triggers in the blockers step here is the ruling http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=368981 which means with Entomb or Buried Alive Alesha can get a turn 3/4/5 kill quite easily. However your Brutal Hordechief's first ability does not trigger off of Alesha's res, but I still see the value of his second ability.
The reason I don't play Auramancer And Treasure Hunter is because Sun Titan already gives be back the majority of my enchantments or artifacts, sure I miss out on bringing back Sneak Attack, Smokestack and Panharmonicon but i'd rather use the slot they'd take up for other utility.
I don't play anarchist for the same reason, i just don't have enough power invested into my sorceries, sure it would be nice to Living Death multiple times but that's the only gimmick he would have.
And finally I have never been that interested in self-mill for the deck it seems much better to just draw and play the cards rather than relying too heavily on casting Alesha.
In regards to your deck, I wish I had Big Game Hunter, Hell's Caretaker and Feldon. Those are some sweet cards that have eluded me in the past. I really like your amulet of vigor but I feel Reconnaissance is better because you can untap in the end of combat step after the damage step effectively giving all your creature vigilance, but also to the reanimated ones and you can save Alesha from bad blocks. Flameshadow Conjuring is also really cool. I'm also a big fan of Extinction, I would love to put that in my Wish-Board
Anyway, I'd love to talk deck teck with you so please send me a private message!
8 months ago
This is the first Alesha deck I've looked at since kaladesh came out, and I'm drooling about Panharmonicon and Recruiter of the Guard because I've been thinking the same thing for my own Alesha deck haha. Your enchantments and avacyn are very nice for keeping your creatures out on the battlefield and i think Goblin Sharpshooter could be great if you have deathtouch, so maybe Archetype of Finality could be useful? If I may though, I'm curious why you chose Master of Cruelties since his ability won't trigger if he's recurred with Alesha. He can still be used but I doubt he'd be attacking alone unless you worked some board wipe shenanigans first. Also, for as many enchantments and artifacts you have, I'd recommend something like Auramancer and Treasure Hunter. If you want your deck to "cycle" as you say, then you'll want as much as you can to be recurrable which is why I imagine you have Anarchist. As one of the other comments was saying, running sac outlets is always nice with etb effects because you have to rely on echo effects and combat to reload. I just got Undercity Informer for that purpose and dredging out creatures. Anyway though, you obviously are willing to put the important cards into your deck and I'll give you the upvote for your creativity. If you'd like, feel free to check out my Alesha deck Alesha's smiling ear to ear and we can talk more deck tech!
11 months ago
I have a deck that uses all the "swords of" and my favorite creature in it is Kor Duelist.
1 year ago
The LED one (Lotus Bloom doesn't work) involves fewer pieces. In addition, all three of these combos require 0 cards on the field. As for using Ashnod's Altar/Phyrexian Altar to get infinite mana (to win with Goblin Cannon probably), you can combo off that way if it's your graveyard if Angel of Glory's Rise can get Treasure Hunter, but I'm not a fan of having to wait to pay the extra to get an altar.