Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Fires of Invention
Barbarian_Sun_Pope on The Floor is Lava
3 months ago
Yeah, this is definitely a casual deck and I did mention it is a bit too slow for the format it is in, but unfortunately since the deck revolves around Manabarbs and Fires of Invention, there's not much wiggle room to lower the MV of the deck. I've considered replacing Burn Down the House and Hour of Devastation with cheaper removal (Flamebreak/Anger of the Gods), but I had a lot trouble with Tarmogorf and planeswalkers like Wrenn and Six. Do you have any suggestions?
SteelSentry on Bad gifts commanders
5 months ago
I've had a Zedruu deck for years, and there's 2 important deck building things I've learned about her specifically:
1) Like an ordinary control deck, staying alive is the primary game plan. Pack more removal than normal, especially synergistic cards like Grasp of Fate that you can give away later. Incidental life gain is also really good; sometimes her life gain is more powerful than her card draw.
2) I only pack gifts that won't shut me down if I'm stuck with them: no Aggressive Mining which will just end up killing me when Zedruu is killed in response. Fires of Invention is a great card, especially when you give it to the Storm or Counterspell player. Statecraft is a good wall that keeps alpha strikes in check when you can threaten to hand it off. My favorite wincon, Delaying Shield, often puts people in a position where any attacks coming at me suddenly allow me to delete a player if I feel like it, as well as some other niche upsides.
Of course, symmetrical effects and Auras are some of your best picks since it doesn't matter who controls them.
vishnarg on From the Future
11 months ago
Fires of Invention and its not even close. That card is so fucking fun and can do some really busted things if you have cards with expensive activated abilities so you can still use your lands every turn.
tonylomas on From the Future
11 months ago
Me again<3 Kenny, lands really matter edh, full of utility lands. Wich one would u choose to run, if u had to. Experimental Frenzy pros: cast all u want from the top, cons: forget about ur hand and what u draw, looks like ure gonna have to destroy it eventually) VS Fires of Invention pros: all your lands are pretty much gonna stay untapped and almost everything is gonna be fre or very cheap. Cons: no instants, if u wanna get rid of it on ur own its troublesome zz) am i missing something? tell me wich one would u run :D
SirHipHopHippo on The Maraxus Molotov
1 year ago
Cut Brazen Freebooter add Captain Lannery Storm
Cut Ring of Valkas add Obsidian Battle-Axe
Cut Explorer's Scope add Sword of the Animist
Cut O-Naginata add Sword of Hearth and Home
Cut Fires of Invention add Nettlecyst
theinvincible333 on Niv value
1 year ago
- Aura Shards + Mirari's Wake + Faeburrow Elder + Knight of Autumn + Knight of New Alara Eladamri's Call + Wildfield Borderpost
- Bard Class + Cindervines + Huntmaster of the Fells Flip + Klothys, God of Destiny + Radha, Heart of Keld + Xenagos, God of Revels + Decimate + Dire-Strain Rampage + Escape to the Wilds + Hull Breach + Firewild Borderpost
- Binding the Old Gods + Leyline Prowler + Windgrace's Judgment + Vraska, Golgari Queen + Culling Ritual + Maelstrom Pulse
- Hidetsugu Consumes All Flip + Kardur, Doomscourge + Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger + Olivia, Crimson Bride + Orcus, Prince of Undeath + Kolaghan's Command + Rakdos Charm + Dreadbore + Veinfire Borderpost
- Baleful Strix + Hostage Taker + Mistvein Borderpost
- Coiling Oracle + Rootcoil Creeper + Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath + Growth Spiral + Tamiyo, Collector of Tales + Bring to Light + Croaking Counterpart
- Elite Guardmage + Niambi, Esteemed Speaker + Soulherder + Faithful Mending + Fieldmist Borderpost
- General Ferrous Rokiric + Aurelia's Fury + Wear / Tear + Deafening Clarion + Solar Blaze
- Izzet Staticaster + Prismari Command + Expressive Iteration
- Despark + Fracture + Inkshield + Kaya's Guile + Merciless Eviction
- Fires of Invention + Ignoble Hierarch + Sylvan Caryatid + Blasphemous Act + Demonic Tutor + Farseek + Arcane Signet + Chromatic Lantern + Coalition Relic + Commander's Sphere + Panharmonicon + Tome of the Guildpact + Urza's Filter
Guerric on [Primer] Unleash the Dragon! *Updated*
1 year ago
There definitely is a solid argument for Seedborn Muse the way there is a good argument for Fires of Invention. Apart from lots of mana for graveyard filling, it just allows us to use our mana on our turn to put down support pieces or hard-cast dragons, knowing that we'll still have plenty for our opponents' turns. I also have an extra copy of Seedborn Muse laying around, so I might try that out! They key is just figuring out where to fit it, because I'm in a pretty tuned place at the moment!
As for Brainstorm, I find it generally a pretty underwhelming card that just doesn't have a lot of impact in most cases in classic commander (cEDH is a different story). It can be good in decks where we care about manipulating the top-deck, but that's not really a thing here. It can also be good in storm decks that want low cmc spells, but that isn't really the case here either.
Unfortunately, if I let the trigger resolve so as to make Scion into Atarka, which I would have to do in order to attack with him, he would then be locked out from being made into a copy of Skittles until the next turn. On the other hand, I can definitely Reanimate Atarka and then attack, which I've absolutely done before to great effect. I can also hardcast either Atarka or Gisela, Blade of Goldnight if I have enough mana. I've also been pondering replacing Gisela with Sylvia Brightspear, who can give all my dragons this effect for three mana, and I may indeed try that out in the future!
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions!
Grubbernaut on Kenrith, the Omnipotent
1 year ago
With Kenny, I like sac effects because it guarantees I can reanimate the creature for value. Fleshbag Marauder, Demon's Disciple, Merciless Executioner, Plaguecrafter, etc.
Bloom Tender is great, as is Phantasmal Image. Of course, Dockside+loops. Ranger-Captain of Eos is great with recursion. Cataclysmic Gearhulk is also a good backup plan for when things go wrong, and easier to reuse because you can sac it to itself. On that note, any of the Altars or other sac outlets are great. There's Peregrine Drake loops, too, and it's also just great for value if you have a cost reducer out for Kenny.
Some cards I think would be worth considering swapping out: Esika, God of the Tree Flip, Burnished Hart, Ethersworn Adjudicator (IMO, Caustic Caterpillar is best, or Cathar Commando for artifact/enchantment hate), Ghostly Prison, Propaganda, Celestial Dawn.
You could probably justify going down on lands if you upped your dork count, which would play really well if you added Ashnod's Altar to use them for mana later. City of Brass is also a pretty budget rainbow land. Chittering Witch is a good source of removal, blockers, or fodder for sac effects. Renegade Rallier and Sun Titan can make for some explosive turns, as well. Shriekmaw is great for targeted removal that can later be reanimated. Cowardice and Willbreaker are more nice effects like Horobi. Fires of Invention can be another effect like Wilderness Reclamation, and doesn't limit Kenny's activations.
But finally, my absolute most favorite card when playing casual Kenny is Final Parting. Basically another Jarad's Orders, but adding Unburial Rites or Priest of Fell Rites makes it a tight package to reanimate a fatty, or tutor one of your enchantments if needed.
|Have (2)||sepheroth119 , metalmagic|