Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Esior, Wardwing Familiar
Legendary Creature — Bird
Spells your opponents cast that target one or more commanders you control cost more to cast.
Partner (You can have two commanders if both have partner.)
Recommendations View more recommendations
4 days ago
I'd definitely add Ulvenwald Oddity
Flip -> 2 hasty 4/4 creatures that can also give haste to all your birds and beasts in the late game.
Indrik Stomphowler is a little overpriced but your deck lacks removal spells so I think this could work here.
Consider Anara, Wolvid Familiar and Esior, Wardwing Familiar. They are legenday so Tawnos won't copy them but they are reasonably costed and provide protection for your commander.
The last thing that I'd change is your ramp. You're in simic -> colour that has the best ramp in the game. I would cut all mana producing artifacts and instead play cards that put more lands onto the battlefield like Rampant Growth, Farseek, Nature's Lore, Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Nissa's Pilgrimage, Skyshroud Claim, Explore, Growth Spiral, Joint Exploration or Broken Bond.
If you cut all the mana rocks for land ramp you can also run the new card Fade from History.
4 months ago
Whenever a player flips a coin, they lose that flip. When you lose a coin flip this way, target player loses 1 life and you lose 1 life. (Each player is a loser for as long as Gambler's Fallacy remains on the battlefield.)
"Come on, I'm due for a win!"
6 months ago
So here are some birds I found that would be fun to play:
Aven Brigadier !!!!!
Whippoorwill an exile for so little the cost
Storm Crow why isn't this here?
Spire Owl cheap, but nice
Sephara, Sky's Blade this hits the field by turn 4 for 1 white mana!
Ledger Shredder badass name and badass ability
Cartographer's Hawk a fun card that empties your deck of plains
Empyrean Eagle lord
Kangee, Sky Warden all it takes is one 1/1 bird token to scwwwaaa
Kangee, Aerie Keeper you can't run one bird and not have any feathers ay?
Shabraz, the Skyshark its a sharknado
Wingmate Roc the best wingman
High Sentinels of Arashin use your mana ramp to buff your army
Nimble Obstructionist _a tale's end _
Emeria Angel dude
7 months ago
Nice list! This is the first budget list I've seen in a while that's actually inexpensive. I wonder if Kels could use a little budget friendly protection. Blessing of Leeches, Kaya's Ghostform, Esior, Wardwing Familiar, and/or Winged Boots could be some good options. Also Ornithopter of Paradise is a pretty solid mana dork. Maybe Shambling Ghast since it makes a treasure when it dies. And Sol Ring might be worth the extra $1.60. Very cool deck. I might have to brew my own version of Kels.
8 months ago
I have decks for each of the Amonkhet gods (Bontu is the only one that's public), which all have pitiful EDHREC ranks. Like griffstick, I have a Multani, Maro-Sorcerer deck that's one of my favorites.
The commanders themselves may not be rare but the partner combinations of Tormod, the Desecrator/Esior, Wardwing Familiar and Sengir, the Dark Baron/Kediss, Emberclaw Familiar are also pretty low on the EDHREC rankings.
I've kind of been debating building a Jolrael, Empress of Beasts deck. Ramp like a madman, animate like 30 forests at once and swing away!
I love seeing decklists for almost any "rare" commander, though. I've seen more than enough Atraxa, Kenrith and Korvold lists to last me a while.
9 months ago
Some fun pairings:
- Anara, Wolvid Familiar to give them both melee, vigilance and indestructible on your turn. In Naya, there are a lot of ways to make this very useful.
- Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder because of the double strike and lifelink, the melee is going to net you a huge return. A 4/4 Renegh, when you attack all three opponents, becomes a 7/7. That's 14 combat damage and 14 life. And with vigilance, there is no reason to not attack at all times.
- Esior, Wardwing Familiar will make it harder to interact with your two Commanders. This gives you great protection while offering you solid combat in both the attacking and blocking phases. All around, great flexibility within Jeskai.
- Falthis, Shadowcat Familiar will allow you to apply the pressure only in the way Mardu can.
- Kamahl, Heart of Krosa is a bit costly, but the benefits are pretty huge. A 4/4 Renegh becomes a 7/7 with melee and a further 10/10 with Kamahl. With the trample and vigilance, you can easily knock an opponent out of the game quickly. Realizing that Kamahl also would benefit from the melee, vigilance, +3/+3 and trample, you'd be looking at a 5/5 into an 8/8 into an 11/11. So you'd be swinging with a 10/10 and an 11/11. Now yes, it is true that each of these Commanders track their own damage separately, but realize this is still a 2-turn clock regardless. If they both connect for the full amount, that's 21 damage. One more hit is 42 and game. Likewise, you can swing at one opponent with a 10/10 and one with an 11/11. This is still a 2-turn clock with connecting for 20 and 22 damage the next turn. All you need is to bump Renegh a little more and she hits for lethal. You can literally take two opponents down in 2 turns, and the final opponent down in another 2 turns, just with these two Commanders alone.
9 months ago
I would absolutely recommend Tormod, the Desecrator. I have a deck with him and Esior, Wardwing Familiar that I love. Some standout cards being Syr Konrad, the Grim, Desecrated Tomb, and anything with the mechanic Flashback. There are a few great mini black enchantments that can recur stuff but I forget the names at the moment.
Feel free to check out my deck for some ideas. (Sorry to advertise myself)
1 year ago
Commander Updates Since July 2021
I added new commanders to the roster of options under the Player Profiles. They include:
- Arcum Dagsson
- Lier, Disciple of the Drowned
- Xanathar, Guild Kingpin
- Klauth, Unrivaled Ancient
- Breena, the Demagogue
- Alibou, Ancient Witness
Several new commanders work with tokens:
As a theme, tokens have felt well supported in the cube so far, even though I did not do so intentionally. As a result, I don't anticipate making changes, but it could be that I work to support this theme more fully or concentrate it in BGU, in case the new +1/+1 counters theme does not work out.
Some commanders moved out of the "high power" tier. Most dropped to "mid power," but a couple are now deemed "fringe competitive."
- Iymrith, Desert Doom
- Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir
- Ertai, Wizard Adept
- Razaketh, the Foulblooded
- Daretti, Scrap Savant
- Arjun, the Shifting Flame
- Olivia Voldaren
- Tanazir Quandrix
- Tishana, Voice of Thunder
Unfortunately, most of the partner commanders I'd included were moved, so you're stuck with one of the handful of 4- or 5-color commanders if you're looking to maximize the flexibility of your deck's color identity.