|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Oath of the Gatewatch (OGW)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Pulse of Murasa
Return target creature or land card from a graveyard to its owner's hand. You gain 6 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Pulse of Murasa Discussion
1 month ago
Very cool build! Seems like a lot of fun when it goes off.
Have you considered 1-2 Hooting Mandrills and/or Gurmag Anglers as potential top-ends? They can drop turn 3-4 pretty consistently if your beetles/feeders are stalling out, especially if you were to swap out some of your Jungle Hollows for Evolving Wilds.
If you're not feeling the Delve, there are some other cool, synergistic cards that come to mind:
- Songs of the Damned and Caravan Vigil for ramp
- Soulshriek to help with your Rite of Consumption plan
- Nimble Mongoose will be amazing with quick threshold
- Vile Rebirth and Shamble Back to fuel your sac outlets in black
- Chatter of the Squirrel and Scatter the Seeds and Night Soil to fuel sac in green
- Ghastly Demise for cheap, efficient removal
- Blossoming Wreath and Pulse of Murasa to stall aggro
- Dregscape Zombie and Rotting Rats because this deck could break Unearth
Love it as is, just thought I'd share... Happy brewing!
1 month ago
Hey there! Awesome deck you have here! I have a few suggestions for you:
- Crocodile of the Crossing is one of the best cards a Hapatra deck can have, as it's often a 5/4 with haste if you have another creature to shrink (such as possibly the Channeler Initiate that you can use to cast it on turn 3). I'd strongly recommend running the full 4.
- Decimator Beetle is also a strong option, though 2 or 3 is probably plenty.
- Lethal Sting is a great removal spell here, being easier on your mana than Never, and also almost definitely stronger than Splendid Agony.
- Nest of Scarabs is an absolutely insane card in this deck, and I'd highly recommend adding 3 more copies.
As for cuts,
- Nissa, Vital Force and Liliana, Death's Majesty don't really do much in this deck; I'd take them out, good cards they may be.
- Pulse of Murasa doesn't really do all that much in your deck, and a card that gains you some life and replaces itself is rarely worth the slot.
- Plague Belcher is definitely worse than Ammit Eternal, especially as the Ammit's counters can fuel a near-endless supply of Nest of Scarabs tokens.
- Hapatra's Mark doesn't really seem to do it for me. It might be good as a 1- or 2-of, but 3 copies seems pretty excessive. It's a reactive spell in a deck that really wants to be proactive.
In any case, I hope this helps! Happy Magic-ing!
1 month ago
Pulse of Murasa in the sideboard is something you should look into. It helps in the Eldrazi matchup more than you may think.
2 months ago
A couple of suggestions of cats you could add:Prowling Serpopard to deal with control decks; Aetherstream Leopard + Riparian Tiger to better exploit charge counters; Scrounging Bandar early game creature that can help out your bigger cats late game; Scythe Leopard early game creatures; Felidar Cub can serve as artifact removal or just attack; Felidar Sovereign also a potential win condition
Some instants you could add:Acrobatic Maneuver + Eerie Interlude + Long Road Home blink a cat to avoid damage or to re-trigger Regal Caracal; Appetite for the Unnatural + Decommission makes great enchantment or artifact removal; Commencement of Festivities + Encircling Fissure to stall longer; Gift of Strength + Highspire Infusion + Mighty Leap + Shed Weakness + Swell of Growth for buffing; Gideon's Reproach + Immolating Glare for potentially cheap removal; Life Goes On is really cheap life gain and can combo with Felidar Sovereign; Lifecrafter's Gift can combo with Metallic Mimic; Pulse of Murasa is a generally good card; Prepare / Fight + Tenacity for a smack down end game
Some sorceries:Appeal / Authority + Driven / Despair + Engineered Might + Larger Than Life + Ondu Rising + Overcome for more end game smack down; Approach of the Second Sun could be a win condition if you want, especially if you're stalling; Attune with Aether for lands and energy; Chaplain's Blessing for extra life and to combo with Felidar Sovereign; Collective Effort has a variety of good uses; Dubious Challenge would work well if you get more high cost creatures; Earthen Arms + Incremental Growth for a permanent buff; Mouth / Feed for a creature and card draws; Not Forgotten to either fetch from graveyard or remove from graveyard;
Finally, a few enchantments:Cartouche of Strength + Cartouche of Solidarity + Gryff's Boon + Conviction + Iona's Blessing major creature buffs, Call for Unity + Trial of Solidarity end game smack down, Always Watching make all your non token cats stronger; Authority of the Consuls to punish your opponent and limit his blockers; Bonds of Mortality potentially add to deal with hexproof and indestructible; Bound by Moonsilver removal that can move; Durable Handicraft + Oath of Ajani + Retreat to Kazandu adds more +1/+1 counters; Overwhelming Splendor + Sandwurm Convergence wind condition; Gift of Paradise extra life and mana;
Of course, this is far more cards then you could have in your deck, so you'll need to mix and match. I really recommend Felidar Sovereign and some heal cards like Life Goes On, as this makes a potentially very easy win con. I also think you should try to exploit getting +1/+1 counters more, since green and white are perfect for that. Lots of potential cards for cat decks, I wish you luck finding a good selection.
2 months ago
And there is also digging cards such as Commune with the Gods, Commune with Nature, Benefaction of Rhonas, Enshrined Memories, Gather the Pack, Grapple with the Past, Pulse of Murasa, Read the Bones, Seek the Wilds and Evolutionary Leap. Not optimal, but maybe more in budget?
Too many options!
3 months ago
The fastest way to ramp is Arbor Elf and Utopia Sprawl. Enchantments also give devotion and survive Wrath of God kind of sweepers that are pretty harsh on mono-green decks. You might also go sneaky and adding Withstand Death or something like that.
Skyreaping might be the one to make room for new cards.
3 months ago
So, from what you have currently listed, I'm interested in the following:
I am also interested in the pack foil Qasali Pridemage over the promo one if you have it. I would heavily prefer to trade, but am not opposed to finishing out the trade with a few bucks if need be. LEt me know if we can work something out, thanks!
3 months ago
RIP: The Great Aurora