|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Shards of Alara (ALA)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Counter target spell that targets you or a permanent you control.
Draw a card.
Hindering Light Discussion
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
Here are my suggestions: Drop 2x Captain of the Watch 3x Torrential Gearhulk 2x Spell Pierce 1x Hindering Light 2x Teferi, Hero of Dominaria 1x Hallowed Fountain 1x Glacial Fortress 2x Irrigated Farmland
I'm confident that the preceding improvements will significantly improve your deck. Let me know your thoughts!
2 months ago
if the thing you want is to have a deck focused on flying creatures or spells without good or bad additions, why not make a commander deck? if you already got the colors figured out you could use Raff Capashen, Ship's Mage, Azor, the Lawbringer or even Medomai the Ageless. with that combination you got a lot of ways to control the board and protection for your creatures, and add 40 more cards to the deck. Aboshan's Desire, Flood, Tidal Flats, Spirit Bonds, Invocation of Saint Traft, Angelic Favor, Entreat the Angels, Tidal Surge, Decree of Justice, Battle Screech, March of Souls, Descend upon the Sinful, Storm Herd are cards that you could use in commander but not in this deck... if you want to have a reliable way to trigger Sigil of the Empty Throne you can use Flickering Ward, Shimmering Wings, Conviction, Brilliant Halo, Gossamer Chains, Viscerid Armor, Ephara's Enlightenment and others. Aven Mindcensor, Mana Short, Boomerang, Standstill, Magus of the Moat, Bident of Thassa, Sigil of the New Dawn, Hindering Light, Supreme Verdict.
ooor make a pauper deck edh or a normal one... :P
5 months ago
May I recommend Selfless Spirit and Geist of Saint Traft as just good cards that happen to be spirits. Supreme Phantom and Mausoleum Wanderer are great spirit tribal cards. An interesting alternative to Hindering Light could be Spell Queller. I personally love Promise of Bunrei, but thats just me.
Kinge on Spirit Spam
5 months ago
HoboKinToken I would keep Immolating Glare as having removal is good and Hindering Light I have never liked as it just feels limited and in my playtesting with it feels like it ends up as a dead card in hand more than you would think.
I would also suggest some artifact/enchantment removal might be good so something like Disenchant in your sideboard
5 months ago
8 months ago
Sure thing. Sorry that took a while:
- Woolly Razorback: too expensive, not good
- Hindering Light: not good
- Remove Soul: not good
- Render Silent: too expensive, hard to cast
- Rewind: you don't wanna leave 4 mana open
- Chromatic Lantern: fixes all your mana, so it will be destroyed right away
- Cultivate: not good
- Skyshroud Claim: too late
- Condemn: not good
- Disenchant: claim is better
- Shield Wall: calculate mana cost/toughness boost. a 2 toughness per mana boost is good, anything wose should just stick or do something(like Call to Glory or Glorious Anthem, and even these are kind of bad.)
- Steadfastness: see shield wall
- Disallow: trickbind is better imho
- Pongify: leaves a 3/3
- Mana Leak: can be useless
- Dispel : very narrow for a deck like yours. I'd prefer Autumn's Veil or Heroic Intervention. adding the latter.
- Reality Shift: exile is awesome
- Noble Hierarch: mana dorks
- Elvish Mystic
- Llanowar Elves
- Fyndhorn Elves
- Arbor Elf
- Birds of Paradise
- Wild Growth
- Selesnya Signet: mana rocks
- Azorius Signet
- Simic Signet
- Mystical Tutor: finds everything
- Nature's Claim
- Echoing Truth
- Muddle the Mixture: finds a lot of really crucial cards and doubles down as an emergency counter
- Sylvan Library: too good not to run, even without paying life, fetches make this great. maybe also consider Mirri's Guile
Mana base(33 is enough at this average cmc):
- Tropical Island
- Arid Mesa
- Flooded Strand
- Marsh Flats
- Misty Rainforest
- Polluted Delta
- Scalding Tarn
- Verdant Catacombs
- Windswept Heath
- Wooded Foothills
- Horizon Canopy
- Reflecting Pool
- Adarkar Wastes
- Yavimaya Coast
- Ancient Tomb
- Nimbus Maze
- Strip Mine: Maze of Ith so you always wanna have one of these four sooner or later during a game.
- Ghost Quarter
- Tectonic Edge
- 3 Forest
- 3 Plains
- 4 Island
That's what I'd do and then playtest it and go tweaking. Hope that helps and also that it wasn't too brutal. For real tweaking please add a list of decks you play against or how a normal game looks like(amount of combo decks, creature decks, control decks per game). You do run lot's of creature spot removal, but I let that in, since you might need it.
9 months ago
If the goal is Scepter Silence to get to Approach twice, you need different Counterspells.
Mana Leak will fall flat on turn 8.
And Hindering Light is a great card for a sideboard but won't protect your Approach.
Hindering Light occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%