|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Shards of Alara (ALA)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Counter target spell that targets you or a permanent you control.
Draw a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (4)||the.beanpole , SirFowler , XxCataclysmiCxX , goodair|
|Want (15)||Dwarfenax496 , Mousemke , Noobincube , wlbreda , Wormple12 , AKN , Zeldark , Indanago2 , xander025 , itskevinmiller , Sethifide , spacemonaut , ryaniskool , Misdirekted , 1337_Nerd|
Hindering Light Discussion
1 day ago
May I recommend Selfless Spirit and Geist of Saint Traft as just good cards that happen to be spirits. Supreme Phantom and Mausoleum Wanderer are great spirit tribal cards. An interesting alternative to Hindering Light could be Spell Queller. I personally love Promise of Bunrei, but thats just me.
Kinge on Spirit Spam
4 days ago
HoboKinToken I would keep Immolating Glare as having removal is good and Hindering Light I have never liked as it just feels limited and in my playtesting with it feels like it ends up as a dead card in hand more than you would think.
I would also suggest some artifact/enchantment removal might be good so something like Disenchant in your sideboard
1 week ago
2 months ago
Sure thing. Sorry that took a while:
- Woolly Razorback: too expensive, not good
- Hindering Light: not good
- Remove Soul: not good
- Render Silent: too expensive, hard to cast
- Rewind: you don't wanna leave 4 mana open
- Chromatic Lantern: fixes all your mana, so it will be destroyed right away
- Cultivate: not good
- Skyshroud Claim: too late
- Condemn: not good
- Disenchant: claim is better
- Shield Wall: calculate mana cost/toughness boost. a 2 toughness per mana boost is good, anything wose should just stick or do something(like Call to Glory or Glorious Anthem, and even these are kind of bad.)
- Steadfastness: see shield wall
- Disallow: trickbind is better imho
- Pongify: leaves a 3/3
- Mana Leak: can be useless
- Dispel : very narrow for a deck like yours. I'd prefer Autumn's Veil or Heroic Intervention. adding the latter.
- Reality Shift: exile is awesome
- Noble Hierarch: mana dorks
- Elvish Mystic
- Llanowar Elves
- Fyndhorn Elves
- Arbor Elf
- Birds of Paradise
- Wild Growth
- Selesnya Signet: mana rocks
- Azorius Signet
- Simic Signet
- Mystical Tutor: finds everything
- Nature's Claim
- Echoing Truth
- Muddle the Mixture: finds a lot of really crucial cards and doubles down as an emergency counter
- Sylvan Library: too good not to run, even without paying life, fetches make this great. maybe also consider Mirri's Guile
Mana base(33 is enough at this average cmc):
- Tropical Island
- Arid Mesa
- Flooded Strand
- Marsh Flats
- Misty Rainforest
- Polluted Delta
- Scalding Tarn
- Verdant Catacombs
- Windswept Heath
- Wooded Foothills
- Horizon Canopy
- Reflecting Pool
- Adarkar Wastes
- Yavimaya Coast
- Ancient Tomb
- Nimbus Maze
- Strip Mine: Maze of Ith so you always wanna have one of these four sooner or later during a game.
- Ghost Quarter
- Tectonic Edge
- 3 Forest
- 3 Plains
- 4 Island
That's what I'd do and then playtest it and go tweaking. Hope that helps and also that it wasn't too brutal. For real tweaking please add a list of decks you play against or how a normal game looks like(amount of combo decks, creature decks, control decks per game). You do run lot's of creature spot removal, but I let that in, since you might need it.
4 months ago
If the goal is Scepter Silence to get to Approach twice, you need different Counterspells.
Mana Leak will fall flat on turn 8.
And Hindering Light is a great card for a sideboard but won't protect your Approach.
5 months ago
I think you are trying to do too many things with this deck. Jeskai Control is a pretty well-established archetype, there's no real need to change it this much in my opinion. The only creatures you need in this deck are the 4x Snapcaster Mage, I'd get rid of everything else. You also have too many shock lands, not enough total lands, not enough color variance, and not enough basics to play around Blood Moon, Field of Ruin, etc. I'd go with 4x Scalding Tarn, 4x Flooded Strand, 2x Hallowed Fountain, 2x Steam Vents, 2x Sacred Foundry, 3x Celestial Colonnade, 3x Island, 2x Plains, and 2x Mountain. Then without all the creatures you can run boardwipes, I'd go with 2x Supreme Verdict and 1x Wrath of God. 3x Cryptic Command, and, to shake things up, 3x Nahiri, the Harbinger and 1x Emrakul, the Aeons Torn.
You're running a lot of questionable spells; I'd cut 4x Hindering Light (too specific), 4x Failure (kind of just like a worse Snapcaster Mage) and 2x Momentary Blink for 4x Opt, 2x Spell Snare, 2x Mana Leak, 2x Logic Knot, and 2x Electrolyze.
5 months ago
buckeyetron I know, I just didn't want to feel like I was taking attention away from this deck.
Spazik008 Prison-style, with Jenara, Asura of War mostly for the colors. Kismet and Winter Orb, supported by Garruk Wildspeaker, Armageddon, and relevant Borderposts. Fill out with some control like Counterspell and Hindering Light and get ready for hate. I'm a control player at heart.