|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ultimate Masters (UMA)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Izzet vs. Golgari (DDJ)||Uncommon|
|Ravnica: City of Guilds (RAV)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Warrior
When Golgari Thug is put into a graveyard from play, put target creature card in your graveyard on top of your library.
Dredge 4 (If you would draw a card, instead you may put exactly four cards from the top of your library into your graveyard. If you do, return this card from your graveyard to your hand. Otherwise, draw a card.)
Golgari Thug Discussion
5 days ago
Out: Gild --> willst nix exilen sondern in den Graveyard packen, Springleaf Drum --> zu langsam und du willst nix tappen, Ghostly Prison --> geschmackssache muss nicht sein hast genug gute Kreaturen zum blocken, Death Grasp --> besser wäre hier Debt to the Deathless bring lieber alle um als nur einen, Bontu the Glorified muss hart drum herum gebaut werden besser wäre der neue bontu God-Eternal Bontu , Overseer of the Damned --> zu langsamer removal und zombies kommen tapped rein meh, Pontiff of Blight --> Extort brauchst du nicht bzw. das ganze gibt es billiger in Tithe Drinker .
In: Anguished Unmaking + Utter End + Despark + Swords to Plowshares --> typisches Removal Package in Orzhov, Selfless Spirit --> sehr gut weil protection von wipes, Golgari Thug --> kann rein füllt graveyard, Enlightened Tutor --> wenn du ihn hast perfekt findet Skullclamp, Living Death --> hervorragender Boardwipe für dich, Viscera Seer --> immer gut zum saccen, Pawn of Ulamog --> sac futter und ramp,
Rest hast du schon drin.
1 week ago
Hey, good start, but with Liliana as Commander consider expanding on the sacrifice theme? Sacrifice strategies with aristocrats can be good and powerful, but you need to commit to them with many sac outlets to make the payoffs for sacing creatures worth it. Cards such as Liliana herself, Pawn of Ulamog , Sifter of Skulls , Grim Haruspex , etc. are payoffs for sacing creatures, but they're lackluster without sac support.
Cards that are within your deck's budget to consider adding for sacrifice strategy:
- Viscera Seer
- Yahenni, Undying Partisan
- Carrion Feeder
- Ashnod's Altar or Altar of Dementia : Dementia is better than Ashnods for the strategies here because it's a repeatable enabler to get creatures into your graveyard, but it's also more expensive price.
- Blood Artist
Reanimation is a fine secondary strategy to use consider also expanding on it:
- Cryptbreaker : repeatable way to discard cards and get value in return.
- Stinkweed Imp : dredge is a fast and repeatable way to get creatures into your graveyard.
- Golgari Thug
- Putrid Imp
- Liliana, Death's Majesty : enabler to get cards into your graveyard and reanimation.
- Living Death : mass reanimation and mass sacrifice.
- Command the Dreadhorde : mass reanimation using life which you have a lot of in Commander.
Other cards to consider adding:
- Crypt Ghast : mono black staple.
- Necropotence : mono black staple, less good when you have to discard unless you have a tons of cards in hand.
- Mutilate : powerful board wipe when playing lots of Swamps.
- Bubbling Muck
- Sign in Blood
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel : great payoff for playing mono black.
- Bloodgift Demon
- Reliquary Tower
- Hero's Downfall
Cards to consider cutting (no order):
- Raise Dead
- Sword-Point Diplomacy
- Dark Dabbling
- Bone Harvest
- Dead Reckoning
- Death Denied
- Liliana's Spoils
- Swarm of Bloodflies
- Drana, Liberator of Malakir
- Barrier of Bones : can be upgraded.
- Cadaver Imp : can be upgraded.
- Spellbook : can be upgraded.
- Indulgent Tormentor : can be upgraded.
- Mindwrack Demon : can be upgraded.
- Puppeteer Clique : can be upgraded.
- Wailing Ghoul : can be upgraded.
- Ever After : can be upgraded.
- Ulamog's Crusher : eight drop.
- Visara the Dreadful : seven drop.
- Butcher of Malakir : seven drop.
- Necromantic Selection : seven drop redundancy that you don't need.
- Harvester of Souls : six drop redundancy that you don't need.
- Sifter of Skulls : redundancy that you don't need.
1 month ago
Why doesn't the card Vendetta see more play in Modern? Is it the life loss that scares people away?
If we look at the most played creatures in Modern, the black ones are:
- Street Wraith : doesn't count.
- Death's Shadow : this is an issue, but Lightning Bolt usually doesn't kill it either.
- Stinkweed Imp : doesn't count.
- Gurmag Angler : This is an issue, but Fatal Push doesn't kill it either.
- Prized Amalgam : unlikely to ever want to spend removal on this.
- Golgari Thug : doesn't count.
- Dark Confidant : this is an issue.
- Bloodghast : unlikely to ever want to spend removal on this.
- Kitesail Freebooter : this is not a huge deal.
- Viscera Seer : This is usually used as a combo piece, and the other pieces are usually vulnerable.
- Griselbrand : Fatal Push doesn't get it either.
So, yeah there are a few creatures that it doesn't get, but is that enough to make it unplayable? It seems like a relatively short list of modern-playable creatures that it can't hurt.
2 months ago
It seems like your deck is trying to me too many different things and needs to lean in to one thing more. I would probably cut some of the cards that only mill your opponents and bring in more that mill yourself so you can better use lazav. Traumatize yourself and you actually get more benefit than traumatizing an opponent with how your commander works. You could also benefit from some dredge creatures like Stinkweed Imp or Golgari Thug for that sweet sweet self mill. You can actually put some things that lazav can use to combo also, but I can't recall what they are at the moment.
2 months ago
3 months ago
This past weekend saw my cube’s first seven player draft (eight had homework to finish). Now, some of them are filthy casuals but here are the deck lists drafted with (W-L) stats! No basic lands included, however.
Me – Mardu Angels (3-0)
Akroma, Angel of Wrath
Assemble the Legion
Bruna, the Fading Light
Cavern of Souls
Conqueror's Galleon Flip
Gisela, the Broken Blade
Nahiri, the Harbinger
Smuggler Captain (finds Reanimate )
Sphere of the Suns
Pritch – Golgari Midrange (2-1)
Go for the Throat
Herald of Torment
Heir of the Wilds
Liliana of the Veil
Liliana, the Last Hope
Rite of Belzenlok
Sidisi, Undead Vizier
Thrun, the Last Troll
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
Westvale Abbey Flip
Yahenni, Undying Partisan
Paul – Grixis Control (1-1)
Creeping Tar Pit
Force of Will
Lich Lord of Unx
Nicol Bolas, the Ravager Flip
Purphoros, God of the Forge
Tezzeret, Artifice Master
Thassa, God of the Sea
Thing in the Ice Flip
Unscythe, Killer of Kings
Abby – Bant Midrange (0-1)
Bow of Nylea
Courser of Kruphix
Crush of Tentacles
Elixir of Immortality
Kiora, the Crashing Wave
Mikaeus, the Lunarch
Sigarda, Host of Herons
Spirit of the Labyrinth
Sword of War and Peace
Matt – Four Color Good Stuff (1-1)
Arch of Orazca
Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim
Birds of Paradise
Brimaz, King of Oreskos
Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
Maze of Ith
Odric, Master Tactician
Path to Exile
Price of Fame
Sword of Light and Shadow
Teferi, Hero of Dominaria
Tetzimoc, Primal Death
Through the Breach
Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
Voice of Resurgence
Warden of the First Tree
Zacama, Primal Calamity
Ben – Temur Cascade– (0-1)
Akroma, Angel of Fury
Braid of Fire
City of Brass
Ghalta, Primal Hunger
Heart of Ramos
Kira, Great Glass-Spinner
Pact of Negation
Sai, Master Thopterist
Search for Azcanta Flip
Sword of Fire and Ice
Urabrask the Hidden
Volatile Chimera (I forget what was on it, never came up)
Courrtney – Green Black Delirium (0-1)
Avenger of Zendikar
Empty the Pits
Emrakul, the Promised End
Garruk Relentless Flip
Great Sable Stag
Greenwarden of Murasa
Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni
Isareth the Awakener
Master of the Wild Hunt
Oracle of Mul Daya
See the Unwritten
Whip of Erebos
3 months ago
Hey, I really enjoyed watching you on MTGMuddstah, and I've been really hyped on Garna thanks to how amazing she is in Arena Omniscience draft. Have you considered Stinkweed Imp or Golgari Thug as ways to fill the yard? Also, any thoughts on Desecrated Tomb as a way to give you more critters to sacrifice (it also happens to combo well with Grenzo, Dungeon Warden which might be worth?) Lastly, any thoughts on Extractor Demon to fuel your big turn?
3 months ago
Tons of random gain life taplands, vanilla creatures, or creatures with... trample or reach (or both like Archweaver , yeah that'll take days to code).
While I understand there are complex cards, perhaps replacement effects like dredge, etc. could be difficult to make (but once done the code can be copied over from Darkblast to Golgari Thug ), and the mythics and walkers that need voices and animations can be difficult to get, but a vast majority are super easy to make. 50% could be done by just putting art and the keywords on the cards. Random discard spells, burn, countermagic, card draw, ramp, tutors, fatties, dorks, taplands, duals, etc. could all be so easy to make and the other 50% would just be cards with keywords like Battalion they'd create and copy between everything.
Golgari Thug occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.07%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%