Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Create a token that's a copy of target non-Frog creature, except it's a 1/1 green Frog.
Flashback (You may cast this from your graveyard for this card's flashback cost, then exile this.)
lcarl3035 on Volo's Sack of Monsters
8 months ago
Clone Legion and Croaking Counterpart might be good duplicators, while Esika's Chariot can copy your copies.
KBK7101 on The Legend of the Sky and Stars
1 year ago
I love this deck! I've been looking for a five color deck to represent Kamigawa and I think this is what I've been looking for. Thoughts on Kyodai, Soul of Kamigawa as an alternate commander? It didn't seem to synergize well at first until I realized that she could be used as protection for your clone target.
Some more clone cards that may interest you (if you haven't considered them already):
- Mirror Mockery, Saheeli Rai, Phantasmal Image, Cabaretti Confluence, Twinflame, Croaking Counterpart, Sakashima's Will and Strionic Resonator (for copying death triggers) Dictate of Erebos (for benefitting from said death triggers)
I think the mana base needs tweaking some and you could probably work on lowering the mana curve somehow, though I'm not too sure on how best to go about that.
sean360 on Feedback Requested! Tsukimi Moon's Mirror
1 year ago
FormOverFunction Yes like Croaking Counterpart which is also in the deck! This is a great idea, and I love the flavor.
enpc Couldn't agree more, had a lot of those same thoughts myself about how few things can populate AND make a token. The ability needs to be weaker to feel more fair/fun and copying only my creatures is a good start.
The reason I hesitate is because it is a bit of a "steal by making my own copies" deck with clone cards, and making token copies of my clones, or there's a few cards that can make tokens of any creature. (Formoverfunction was right on the money with the Croaking Counterpart reference, also Rite of Replication, Followed Footsteps, and cards like Progenitor Mimic and Theoretical Duplication ) This helps the deck have more randomness/variety/less linear gameplay instead of just playing my own strong pieces and copying them.
Progenitor Mimic was actually the card that originally inspired this whole deck. I am brainstorming ways to make this card a bit more fun and maybe less strong. I like both of your ideas, but I am going to mess around with some other ideas and repost. I want to see if I can keep the populate ability and maybe mess around with Embalm or Encore, maybe life gain when creatures ETB... but keep it bant. Something more fun and maybe less strong- but I wouldn't be surprised to come back to this design though.
theinvincible333 on Niv value
1 year ago
- Aura Shards + Mirari's Wake + Faeburrow Elder + Knight of Autumn + Knight of New Alara Eladamri's Call + Wildfield Borderpost
- Bard Class + Cindervines + Huntmaster of the Fells Flip + Klothys, God of Destiny + Radha, Heart of Keld + Xenagos, God of Revels + Decimate + Dire-Strain Rampage + Escape to the Wilds + Hull Breach + Firewild Borderpost
- Binding the Old Gods + Leyline Prowler + Windgrace's Judgment + Vraska, Golgari Queen + Culling Ritual + Maelstrom Pulse
- Hidetsugu Consumes All Flip + Kardur, Doomscourge + Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger + Olivia, Crimson Bride + Orcus, Prince of Undeath + Kolaghan's Command + Rakdos Charm + Dreadbore + Veinfire Borderpost
- Baleful Strix + Hostage Taker + Mistvein Borderpost
- Coiling Oracle + Rootcoil Creeper + Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath + Growth Spiral + Tamiyo, Collector of Tales + Bring to Light + Croaking Counterpart
- Elite Guardmage + Niambi, Esteemed Speaker + Soulherder + Faithful Mending + Fieldmist Borderpost
- General Ferrous Rokiric + Aurelia's Fury + Wear / Tear + Deafening Clarion + Solar Blaze
- Izzet Staticaster + Prismari Command + Expressive Iteration
- Despark + Fracture + Inkshield + Kaya's Guile + Merciless Eviction
- Fires of Invention + Ignoble Hierarch + Sylvan Caryatid + Blasphemous Act + Demonic Tutor + Farseek + Arcane Signet + Chromatic Lantern + Coalition Relic + Commander's Sphere + Panharmonicon + Tome of the Guildpact + Urza's Filter
multimedia on Big Frog Energy
1 year ago
Hey, Croaking Counterpart is a good way to get Frogs because it can copy an opponent's creature including a Commander. Any card recursion is a specialty in green: Eternal Witness, Regrowth, Bala Ged Recovery Flip, etc. This kind of recursion with Counterpart seems like a good way to get Frogs who can give you some value.
Changelings are Frogs. Bloodline Pretender looks like a Frog, cares about +1/+1 counters and grows whenever Keimi is created. Changeling Outcast is a one drop Frog who's unblockable. Moritte of the Frost can copy a creature you control making it a Frog + adding counters.
For the +1/+1 counters strategy consider more repeatable sources of counters: Oath of the Ancient Wood, Hadana's Climb Flip, Forgotten Ancient? Winged Temple of Orazca can be a win condition effect with Tatsunari.
Because playing enchantresses and other effects that care about enchantments for ramp most mana rocks and land ramp would be better as land auras: Wild Growth, Utopia Sprawl, Fertile Ground, Overgrowth, Weirding Wood, Wolfwillow Haven. Some mana rock exceptions are Sol and Arcane Signet.
Good luck with your deck.
thesilentpyro on Pervasive Footprints
1 year ago
In: Nothing, there were 101 cards in the deck because I didn't finish cutting last time.
- A wincon that relies on combat (even if it's pretty well guaranteed) that doesn't further the gameplan is a hard sell. If the goad is relevant at all it means you didn't go off hard enough.
In: Dizzy Spell
- Dovescape is a hilarious card that does win you the game, but six mana is too much when it doesn't immediately do something. Dizzy Spell for Nivmagus Elemental is often going to be better.
- The one-mana slot has gotten very versatile, and a you can always just nab Kick in the Door to get things started if you don't need something specific like Crop Rotation or Nivmagus Elemental. It's also a targeted spell if you want to just trigger mentors or Storm-Kiln Artist.
In: Kick in the Door
- Feather is cute, but slow and win-more; we should win the turn we're casting a bunch of spells and its three mana is better spent doing exactly that.
- Kick does little bits of everything we want: gives treasures, makes tokens, and draws cards, with some random lifegain and scry thrown in. None of these effects are as efficient as the cards that are focused on them, but you're never sad to have Kick. Four creatures on the board is enough to complete Lost Mine of Phandelver for a little benefit, and at five you can work on Dungeon of the Mad Mage and accelerate the combo. When there's seven+ the card's gold.
Out: Gods Willing
- Protection is not as good as indestructible when multiple Pongify/Beast Within-type cards are in the deck. I'm only leaving in Apostle's Blessing as the sole protection from color card because the colorless cost is more relevant than scry when we can already draw a million cards and having some ability to protect from targeted non-destroy removal is good. The hexproof from the blessing is very relevant to protect from opposing targeted removal of any kind, and the lifegain isn't irrelevant either.
- Leyline is too expensive to not do anything itself and the concentration of instant-speed cards is just getting higher. Dizzy Spell for Crop Rotation for Emergence Zone is pretty similar if you are really worried about timing, and the Crop Rotation can be done at instant speed itself or held to fetch Gaea's Cradle when going off.
- The rulings on Storm-Kiln Artist dictate that every copy makes another treasure. Four mana might actually make this win-more considering how many other bonkers mana generators there are, but it's really hard for me to resist how explosive this is. It's an easy way to burn someone out with Electrodominance, hitting more than one player with Regrowth and Eternal Witness.
Out: Mercy Killing
- Using Mercy Killing as a radiated forced sacrifice is bad as we can't protect with indestructibility. Losing instant-speed multiple tokens is a hard sell, though, and it's amazing when Nivmagus Elemental or Flusterstorm are available. This might still make it back in if only to use as a regular removal spell that is also a token generator. You need things to have at least two power to net tokens, but there's accidental synergy with all the random power buffs in here. I've gotta think on it.
- Startle is probably now the best targeted spell in the deck; it's instant speed tokens AND draw for two mana.
- Croak is a targeted copy maker that gets opponents' creatures at three mana with flashback. Don't need to say anything else. It sucks that it doesn't hit its own tokens when you flash it back, but that won't come up much as the flashback isn't necessary so getting opponents' creatures up front is better than getting more of your own with a second cast. Hilariously, it doesn't hit Rapid Hybridization tokens.
Out: Reliquary Tower
- I've never liked Reliquary. It was only in as a remnant from when the deck was slower and we were more likely to run out of mana. Now we should win on the same turn we draw a million cards, and the colorless mana can be relevant when the curve is so low.
- Boseiju, Who Endures is an untapped colored source that is also uncounterable removal for problematic permanents. I don't anticipate ever taking it out.
Out: Rite of Replication
In: Mythos of Illuna
- This should always have been Mythos. Having the option to hit the occasional doozy of a non-creature is pretty great, and while it's rare that you want it the removal is always an option. The kicker on Rite is and always was win-more that just makes the table groan.
Out: Swell of Growth
- Swell is a good card, but one treasure per creature is better than being limited to the number of lands you have. It's possible Scale the Heights is the right cut instead.
multimedia on Froggy Fresh
1 year ago
Hey, frogtastic, but how do you win? If your primarily using Tatsunari's Commander damage to win then I don't think you need as many Frogs because Keimi is easy to create. If you're wanting to win with Frogs then that's different, but I don't see that happening. Some advice is expand on enchantment voltron with Tatsunari less Frogs, but keep some Frogs to help out with ability to make Tatsunari pseudo unblockable.
Changelings are Frogs. Changeling Outcast is one drop who's unblockable. Mothdust Changeling is another one drop. Bloodline Pretender grows when Keimi is created and cares about +1/+1 counters. Metallic Mimic also cares about counters.
Maskwood Nexus can create Frogs as well as make all other creatures you control a Frog. Croaking Counterpart can copy an opponents creature including a Commander, but the copy is a Frog. Croaking with recursion such as Eternal Witness, Bala Ged Recovery Flip and Regrowth seems like a good way to have Frogs.
If trying to win with Tatsunari's damage then making creatures with flying unable to block or taking away flying from your opponents creatures makes Tatsunari's ability actually unblockable unless opponent has a creature with reach. Bower Passage and Archetype of Imagination are enchantments which is helpful.
Good luck with your deck.
GrimlockVIII on Obliterate (Golgari Ambush Ramp)
1 year ago
Yo just coming back in to also suggest Storm the Festival to potentially bring out two Obliterators with one card.
If you also want even more obliterators, splashing in blue with Croaking Counterpart would be pretty funny.
I realize deck space is already tight as it is, so take these suggestions with a grain of salt. I just like this deck a lot lmao.