|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Saviors of Kamigawa (SOK)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Meishin, the Mind Cage
All creatures get -X/-0, where X is the number of cards in your hand.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Meishin, the Mind Cage Discussion
1 month ago
Your mana base would probably be more efficient if you replace some of the rocks with green sorcery ramp, which also thin the deck.
Sword of the Animist, Dowsing Dagger Flip, Druids' Repository, and Nature's Will are other good ways to ramp. Bower Passage and Dense Canopy are good to bypass blockers if there are lots of fliers in your meta.
Larceny will stop your opponents from doing stuff. Blinding Angel could be useful to prevent retaliation. Quietus Spike is helpful as backup to Raving Dead. Cabal Executioner and Cephalid Constable can destroy your opponents' boards, especially with something to pump the Constable after no blockers are declared.
Not quite sure how effective your energy subtheme is, but Empyreal Voyager would benefit from getting pumped as well.
You could probably cut some of the mill cards like Paranoid Delusions, Mirko Vosk, and Startled Awake, unless you want to run some reanimation like Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni.
3 months ago
3 months ago
In the future please link all cards in your question by using double brackets around the card name.
Also, please select an answer to remove this from the unanswered queue if your question has been satisfactorily answered.
4 months ago
Take out Teferi's Protection Counterspell Meishin, the Mind Cage Imprisoned in the Moon Steel of the Godhead Go for the Throat Thassa, God of the Sea Sphere of Safety Do or Die Aegis of the Gods Arcane Adaptation Drake Haven Spell Swindle Chill to the Bone Shielded by Faith Bruna, Light of Alabaster Faith of the Devoted Vanishing Ghostly Prison The Scarab God Rend Flesh AEther Barrier Eyeblight's Ending,
put in Mystic Remora Preordain Blind Obedience Arcane Laboratory Rest in Peace Planar Void Oblivion Ring Sol Ring Mana Vault Consulate Crackdown Energy Flux Tunnel Vision (combo with open the vaults) Serum Visions Thought Scour Negate Lightning Greaves
I don't know what kind of theme or way of winning you are trying to go for. you don't really have a way to win with this deck. You need to get some kind of combo. Zur is very powerful because he can tutor an enchantment out of your deck so use that to your advantage and try to put in cards that are 3 or less so that your commander can have a greater effect. Try to go find an infinite combo or you can also build stax. You won't win consistently if you don't have an infinite combo. You might find other versions of zur on this site that are good (probably not). CEDH Reddit can probably help you out... though some of the things might be expensive. The things I suggested are just a couple relatively cheap cards that make a big impact. Try to have a theme in your deck whether it is control/combo or voltron or pillowfort.
4 months ago
Oh boy do I love control in EDH. Let me recommend some stuff.
- Aura of Silence Turning your opponents Sol Rings into slightly better Worn Powerstones is really solid tempo control.
- Kismet/Frozen AEther more solid tempo control.
- Invoke Prejudice Invoke Racism jokes aside, this card can slow games to a crawl. Shame about the pricetag though.
- Pendrell Mists My dude, its the Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, but not $1,000.
- Rule of Law/Arcane Laboratory How about making countering stuff a much easier affair? If you're playing the long game, this rarely hurts you and watching ramp pull their hair out is hilarious.
- Torpor Orb This card can be a little tricky because it will hurt you too if you're not careful, but people forget how many staples in EDH are ETB creatures. Shutting them all off is a great power to have over your opponents.
- Ghostly Prison/Propaganda Consider these as some solid protection against aggro. Not perfect, but you do often force them into either tapping out to attack you or tapping out to cast things.
- Meishin, the Mind Cage Maybe consider if you want something a little more potent than Propaganda?
- Wrath of God/Evacuation/Oblivion Stone This deck should have a couple of reset buttons.
- Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir Good. Very good. Cast your Wurmcoil EOT, give yourself protection on your turn. Maybe throw in Grand Abolisher too.
- Mimic Vat Maybe not something immediately thought of when control comes to mind, but a very versatile toolbox card. You don't always have to be grabbing someones Akroma. In fact, using something like Sakura-Tribe Elder every turn is also really strong.
- Annul Annul is really good in EDH.
Wow that was way longer of a post than I thought it would be. Sorry! Hope I was helpful!
5 months ago
If I wanted to go all in on Jace's Erasure, I would want to run Teferi's Puzzle Box as my noble. If I did, I would lose the protection that Meishin, the Mind Cage provides. It would be an idea for a different deck, because I'd have to put more protection in the common slots. Interesting idea.
5 months ago
Since you fill your own graveyard too with Ghoulcaller's Bell, you could play cards like Treasure Cruise, instead of Ponder. You could easily draw 3 cards for 1 mana instead of look 3 cards, choose 1 and put 2 back. Also, Brainstorm would probably be better, since you draw 3 cards (which trigger Jace's Erasure 3 times) and you put 2 back on your library, so you doesn't mill yourself! (Dream Cache as the same effect, more or less)
I don't think you need black to discard. Well, you can, but I would probably not do it.
Tbh, I would concentrate on Jace's Erasure mechanic, drawing much cards while milling the opponent. You can, then, play control cards like counter spells and things like that, to prevent your opponent to play anything. (If you go with this stragety, I would probably prefer Fraying Sanity as a noble)
7 months ago
I would suggest that you add in more pillowfort enchantments, because, well, you're bound to get pummeled in the face sooner or later. Ghostly Prison, Windborn Muse, Koskun Falls, Propaganda, Sphere of Safety, Collective Restraint, Dissipation Field, No Mercy, Aurification, and Peacekeeper all work. One nice combo you can run is Energy Field + Rest in Peace (You can no longer take damage as long as those enchantments remain on the field).
If you're aiming for a more oppressive control deck, you also can throw in Fatespinner, Frozen AEther, Blind Obedience, Torpor Orb, Hushwing Gryff, Iona, Shield of Emeria (especially funny when you're playing against a monocolor deck), Linvala, Keeper of Silence, Meishin, the Mind Cage, Indulgent Tormentor, Painful Quandary, Angelic Arbiter... I could go on and on and on.
I'm not sure about the status of your playgroup, but I also would suggest sweepers like Cataclysm, Tragic Arrogance, Mutilate, Cyclonic Rift, basically any sweeper that says "Sacrifice", "Bounce" or "-X/-X" to account for cards like Avacyn, Angel of Hope.