|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Web of Inertia
At the beginning of each opponent's combat phase, that player may exile a card from his or her graveyard. If the player doesn't, creatures he or she controls can't attack you this turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (16)||Oskani , bakunet , jstn.mrrtt , duff87 , DaZlInG , karnwithpants , Epidilius , mziter501 , itheoryz , Xz0mb13x91 , awalloftext , bustinchops , pskinn01 , Doc508 , jhTheMan99 , Friedrice24|
|Want (34)||snoopywashere , Daeyel , AntiheroFOREVER , owenk2 , Wolfninja , PIZZ_PAZZ , Loading_Error , oryandaw , Jspeed , MirrorMountain , Methuselah3 , marsp44 , scouts2nd , P13 , CrankyBlowfish , Dk1997 , Platinum13 , Shadows_lurk , 1337_Nerd , livingrock , afeuling , Awuztein , TerminalGeek , sneferie , mini_tb , Rafelker , fetzonk , xafeara , tristanishappy , ricardokloss , ryaniskool , snowmaster55555atgmaildotcom , Bl00dless , Indate|
Web of Inertia Discussion
1 week ago
If you're already running Rest in Peace you could consider running Web of Inertia, it's an easier way to stop creatures from attacking you than Magus of the Moat, it also doesn't rely on your opponents creatures having flying
1 week ago
+1 from me just for the Doomsday Zur comment alone from the top of your deck description. I really like the way you’ve built this deck. I like the slow build style myself as well. Here’s a thought for ya. Since you’re running Rest In Peace/Leyline of the Void consider Energy Field or Web of Inertia for your immortality combo. With either of these 2 you won’t have to discard a card every turn to keep them in play unlike solitary confinement. I’ve got a whole list of possible combos for ya but but I won’t list them here. I’ll just let you check them out here if you want. It’s my take on Zur based on the type 1 (vintage) deck I ran back in the day.
2 weeks ago
Since you’re running Rest In Peace here’s a couple cards that work amazing with it.
These will help protect you more till you get to your helm of obedience or any of your other win cons.
2 weeks ago
Well, I offered a couple ideas at the top of the thread but at the time you were still trying to thin the deck down to 100. I’ll give you a bunch more ideas now:
- Rest in Peace + Energy Field or Web of Inertia. I ran this combo for quite awhile in my Zur deck till I discovered the solemnity/glen elendra/kithkin spellduster combos. After that I had to find a different immortality combo so I could have a graveyard. That led me to...
- Phyrexian Unlife + Solemnity makes it so you can’t die either. Coupled with Necropotence you can pay all your life to put most of your library in your hand in one shot. Speaking of Necropotence...
- Necropotence + Zur's Weirding is a combo that will lock your opponents down by denying them acces to their libraries. You just pay the life to make them discard every card they draw. The way you get enough life to keep paying the life is Venser's Journal. And opponents can’t force you to discard squat because of Necropotence. You aren’t actually drawing cards.
- Riptide Chimera + Second Chance: this gives you infinite turns or enough to setup what you want. Just pay your life down to less than 5 with Necropotence to start this combo. Just put second chance’s ability on the stack then return it to your hand with the chimera before it is sacrificed. I have checked with judges on this combo and according to them it does work.
- Eidolon of Rhetoric or Arcane Laboratory + Riptide Chimera stops your opponents from playing multiple spells per turn but lets you cast as many as you want during your turn. And with your Grand Abolisher opponents wont be able to do anything about it.
- Eidolon of Rhetoric or Arcane Laboratory + Jace, Unraveler of Secrets: get to Jace’s ult and opponents are screwed the rest of the game.
If you use the Enchanted Evening, Greater Auramancy, Copy Enchantment combo I mentioned at the top of this comment thread then the only thing opponents can do to stop any of the above combos is use board wipes but with Glen Elendra and Solemnity that won’t be possible. Would also be a good idea to run at least 12 counterspells to protect against anything else they might be able to do. Also use a bunch of tutors to grab combo pieces that you are unable to Zur out. Plea for Guidance is a good one since you can grab 2 in one shot. Hope these ideas help you out. Good Luck.
1 month ago
1 month ago