|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Web of Inertia
At the beginning of each opponent's combat phase, that player may exile a card from his or her graveyard. If the player doesn't, creatures he or she controls can't attack you this turn.
Web of Inertia Discussion
1 month ago
I think you'd want to focus on proliferate and putting +1/+1 counters on your creatures.
I think that you have a larger number of enchantments then you need. Here are my suggestions to sharpen this area of your deck. Web of Inertia should be replaced with Inexorable Tide . Sheltered Aerie can be replaced with Hardened Scales . This next swab can be a large chunk of money but is a significant upgrade. Asceticism is an upgrade for Shielding Plax . It is up to you but I would cut Beastmaster Ascension and Bred for the Hunt . You can replace them with value creatures that allow you to utilize your commander.
For Sorcery, I am going to again focus on proliferate. Miming Slime creates a creature who can be powerful but not of value, instead I would put in Tezzeret's Gambit . Verdant Confluence is a good card but beings with it a high mana cost. Triumph of the Hordes is cheaper, buffs all your creatures, and threatens your opponents with an infect trample attack. I would replace Confluence with the Triumph of the Hordes card. Cultivate could be more versatile and cheaper then Journey of Discovery .
Now instants. Druid's Deliverance focuses on populate. This ability is for doubling tokens and not counters. Krosan Grip is more value as you get to remove a target artifact or enchantment. Your other cards are good choices but preventing combat damage just slows you down. I would remove Respite and Root Snare . You can use this spot to add 2 more creatures that will buff your experience counters.
Lands look great! Some suggestions would be Yavimaya Coast , Temple of Mystery , Evolving Wilds or Terramorphic Expanse , Botanical Sanctum , and Hinterland Harbor . Sand Silos can slow you down somewhat and Darksteel Citadel only produces colorless mana. It is up to you on how you want to combine these suggestions. My last note is that your land count should be between 37 and 39 to make sure you can constantly play mana and don't get stuck.
Creatures are the bread and butter of your deck. You need them for those experience counters, so let's start putting in some value creatures that benefit you. Wall of Mist is a defender that will never attack, instead lets try to put in Chasm Skulker . Skulker can get very scary and when he is removed, you have an army of tokens. Cultivator of Blades can help to power up your creatures on an attack, triggers an experience counter, and is cheaper in mana then Oran-Rief Hydra . Druid of the Cowl can be upgraded with Gyre Sage . Sakura-Tribe Scout and Wayward Swordtooth allow you to play additional lands but this doesn't benefit your gameplan. Herald of Secret Streams and Champion of Lambholt are good value cards to replace them. Gladehart Cavalry is very expensive mana wise. Vorel of the Hull Clade is a great replacement that doubles your counters. Overgrown Armasaur should be replaced with Managorger Hydra .
1 month ago
2 months ago
2 months ago
If you're already running Rest in Peace you could consider running Web of Inertia, it's an easier way to stop creatures from attacking you than Magus of the Moat, it also doesn't rely on your opponents creatures having flying
2 months ago
+1 from me just for the Doomsday Zur comment alone from the top of your deck description. I really like the way you’ve built this deck. I like the slow build style myself as well. Here’s a thought for ya. Since you’re running Rest In Peace/Leyline of the Void consider Energy Field or Web of Inertia for your immortality combo. With either of these 2 you won’t have to discard a card every turn to keep them in play unlike solitary confinement. I’ve got a whole list of possible combos for ya but but I won’t list them here. I’ll just let you check them out here if you want. It’s my take on Zur based on the type 1 (vintage) deck I ran back in the day.
2 months ago
Since you’re running Rest In Peace here’s a couple cards that work amazing with it.
These will help protect you more till you get to your helm of obedience or any of your other win cons.
2 months ago
Well, I offered a couple ideas at the top of the thread but at the time you were still trying to thin the deck down to 100. I’ll give you a bunch more ideas now:
- Rest in Peace + Energy Field or Web of Inertia. I ran this combo for quite awhile in my Zur deck till I discovered the solemnity/glen elendra/kithkin spellduster combos. After that I had to find a different immortality combo so I could have a graveyard. That led me to...
- Phyrexian Unlife + Solemnity makes it so you can’t die either. Coupled with Necropotence you can pay all your life to put most of your library in your hand in one shot. Speaking of Necropotence...
- Necropotence + Zur's Weirding is a combo that will lock your opponents down by denying them acces to their libraries. You just pay the life to make them discard every card they draw. The way you get enough life to keep paying the life is Venser's Journal. And opponents can’t force you to discard squat because of Necropotence. You aren’t actually drawing cards.
- Riptide Chimera + Second Chance: this gives you infinite turns or enough to setup what you want. Just pay your life down to less than 5 with Necropotence to start this combo. Just put second chance’s ability on the stack then return it to your hand with the chimera before it is sacrificed. I have checked with judges on this combo and according to them it does work.
- Eidolon of Rhetoric or Arcane Laboratory + Riptide Chimera stops your opponents from playing multiple spells per turn but lets you cast as many as you want during your turn. And with your Grand Abolisher opponents wont be able to do anything about it.
- Eidolon of Rhetoric or Arcane Laboratory + Jace, Unraveler of Secrets: get to Jace’s ult and opponents are screwed the rest of the game.
If you use the Enchanted Evening, Greater Auramancy, Copy Enchantment combo I mentioned at the top of this comment thread then the only thing opponents can do to stop any of the above combos is use board wipes but with Glen Elendra and Solemnity that won’t be possible. Would also be a good idea to run at least 12 counterspells to protect against anything else they might be able to do. Also use a bunch of tutors to grab combo pieces that you are unable to Zur out. Plea for Guidance is a good one since you can grab 2 in one shot. Hope these ideas help you out. Good Luck.
3 months ago
No data for this card yet.