|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Saviors of Kamigawa (SOK)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Search your library for an enchantment card and put it into play. Then shuffle your library.
Epic (For the rest of the game, you can't play spells. At the beginning of each of your upkeeps, copy this spell except for its epic ability.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Enduring Ideal Discussion
2 days ago
Now one question, how about Enduring Ideal, it is a repeatable tutor, that can be used to toolbox out a win.
This will shut off basically everything except Ulamogs or other eldrazi-styled effects from stopping you.
A Caustic Caterpillar or Reclamation Sage are basically the only effects that can stop you from winning after your first fetch, an ulamog or other stupid eldrazi is basically all that can stop you after your second, what you can fetch from there is Zur's Weirding and Words of Worship every turn you gain 5 life, and each opponent will slowly mill while you don't, you have to pay 6 life to do this, so you will lose 1 life per mill for each opponent. Daybreak Coronet and other such effects will allow you to buff a 1/1 you control, and swing out gaining a lot more life back, and slowing kill everyone through damage or mill.
The combo would take 6 total cards (Enduring Ideal, Dovescape, Humility, reverance/Moat, Zur's Weirding, and Words of Worship) and the whole combo is fetchable and protectable over the course of one turn cycle, 7 mana, and one tutorable card.
Sound fun? I am unsure if this deck wants this, but it could be fun.
3 weeks ago
There are many ways to run enchantments (I even made a five-colour deck using Enduring Ideal).
If you lean into the ramp, I'd suggest Sacred Mesa; it can get pretty out of hand at times.
With token generation in mind, Martyr's Cause provides some nice protection.
If you find yourself playing one spell a turn, why not include Rule of Law? Keep your opponents from storming off or outpacing you.
1 month ago
Where are your fetches? Why is Blightsteel Colossus in this deck? You can't even cheat him into play. Come to think of it, a lot of your big guys just do nothing and are hard to cast. I would rather go for deck efficiency than play big bombs that do nothing. Maybe just play a Zur deck + an Apostle deck like the ones you see on EDHrec. It looks like you're jamming pet cards in an archetype that doesn't even want to play them.
Personally I would go for an Enduring Ideal deck if I were playing Zur.
2 months ago
- Thank you very much for the great compliment! This deck is my pride and joy and I try to work hard on it so its very nice to have that work recognized.
- Thank you for the compliment! It is surprising how broken a single color deck with a vanilla creature as its Commander can be. Regarding umbras, I would love to add more of them to the deck but their CMC is usually too high for the utility. If WOTC prints cheap umbras in new sets they will likely find their way into the deck.
- Great name and thanks for the love! Despite its restrictive nature, O-Naginata has been a powerhouse in this deck. I greatly enjoy Loxodon Warhammer but its equip cost is just too expensive!
- Another great name! While Gauntlet of Power does help our opponent I find the cheaper CMC is better unless our opponent is running a white weenies deck. Daily Regimen was actually in early versions of this deck until it got streamlined and better cards were printed. Getting to pump with leftover mana each turn is a great effect!
- I am not sure what you mean by "hard counters" but we have protection against counters with Cavern of Souls and a counter of our own. Its not much but our best strategy is to race in those kind of matches.
- I have not heard about that errata but I believe it to be true. Maybe that is why the Winter Orb was banned in 1v1 MTGO Commander ;)
- Early version of this deck did run Eldrazi Conscription as well as Enduring Ideal to tutor it up and attach it for only seven mana. While it resulted in some truly epic wins with an, often, Eldrazi Angel Hound it was dropped when the deck was streamlined. I miss those days sometimes.
- Thanks for the compliment! I will take a look at your deck and let you know my thoughts.
2 months ago
Just go all in Enduring Ideal. Probs 4 colors
3 months ago
Hey thanks for the suggestion. Enduring Ideal works great with Misfortunes! Sadly someone got to the idea before me. Ideal decks are also quite common already, and some of them even play Puca so we'd probably just be repeating.
That said, our deck is quite different and possibly more powerful! We can usually lock out our opponent on turn 4 and win turn 6-8. We also don't have to play a super clunky 7 mana spell.
3 months ago
This is an incredible deck. Have you ever considered Enduring Ideal?
3 months ago
Suggestions from the thread and myself: Lich, Enduring Ideal, Lich's Mastery (Dominaria), Necropotence, Delaying Shield both for Lich combo and to save you from a mid-combo bolt, Exquisite Blood because you might as well have the combo there, at least of you pull Enduring Ideal.
I don't see any reason why you're running Urborg here. You can't really tutor it, don't have coffers, and its 20 bucks when you're on a budget. True, it does turn your plains into duals, but your devotion isn't enough to make that very relevant. Turn it into a basic swamp and save yourself some money.