|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Magic 2015 (M15)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Avacyn, Guardian Angel
Legendary Creature — Angel
1W: Prevent all damage that would be dealt to another target creature this turn by sources of the color of your choice.
5WW: Prevent all damage that would be dealt to target player this turn by sources of the color of your choice.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (19)||Caldazar , Pelli , Mousemke , saj0219 , jstn.mrrtt , CampbellStev , duff87 , Shiromakuro , chrishuffman95 , mziter501 , Feyd-Rautha , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , bradyofportdetroit , Ashy , failurechild88 , carsickpanda273 , voidruby , Ellyreia , ThisIsBullshit|
Avacyn, Guardian Angel Discussion
1 month ago
Edgar Markov Isn't even that powerful. I've seen him played several times and never once saw him win even in a casual enviroment. He gets rocked hard by several decks of my own, most of which are tier 3 or lower, Lu Bu, Master-at-Arms, Omnath, Locus of Mana, Avacyn, Guardian Angel. Free vampires and haste is great and all, but fairly easy to get around.
1 month ago
2 months ago
If you people are willing to accept a tier 4 list, I like to think I've made a pretty damn good Avacyn, Guardian Angel deck.
4 months ago
Whoops my bad! I was thinking of Avacyn, Guardian Angel, I should RTFC!
4 months ago
Ouch... evil commander deck... +1 love mono
You might like Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx and Mistveil Plains for more land diversity and utility. Also perhaps cycling lands for late game, when you find yourself with too many Plains ; Drifting Meadow, Desert of the True and Secluded Steppe
have a good day!
5 months ago
I really like the deck I would only want to change Avacyn, Guardian Angel with Archangel of Thune. Maybe even look in to Herald of War would just help out getting Angels and Humas on the the battlefield. I'll try and think of some more stuff.
5 months ago
Oooh positive ones, I like that idea too!
The Low in Sodium
This player is characterized by being both a good sport when winning and when losing. Rarely, if ever, do they get salty. Common quotes:
- "Dang, that card is awesome!"
- "That was such a close match, I can't believe I actually won."
- "I really like your deck, I can definitely tell you put a lot of hard work into building it."
This player starts first with the goal of making sure everyone has fun in the multiplayer games, and knows how to balance the common goal of winning with the perfect level of power for the group. Common quotes of this player:
- "Tap my Homeward Path so that everyone gets their creatures back."
- "I'm not gonna hit you cause you're mana screwed."
- "I wanna see how your Avacyn, Guardian Angel deck plays out, so I'll play Fog to save you."
The Most Interesting Opponent in the World
This player doesn't always play, but when they do, they play such unique homebrews that you are just blown away by the talent they have in building their interesting decks. Some common quotes:
- "I really wanted to play with Lich, so I built this Selenia, Dark Angel deck so that I can play stuff like Repay in Kind and Reverse the Sands."
- "Have you heard of the Mesmeric Orb Basalt Monolith combo?"
- "At your end step, I am going to cast Kaervek's Spite to sacrifice my entire board, triggering Academy Rector to get Barren Glory."
The Deck Doctor
This player has a lot of experience building decks and playing in the format, so when they offer help, you know the deck is going to get much better. Some common quotes:
- "One of the nice things about playing white is that you get quite a few efficient spot removal cards for any type of permanent!"
- "I see you are playing Tooth and Nail, do you have Craterhoof Behemoth in the deck?"
- "If you are having trouble staying out of topdeck mode, here are some cards in your colors that you can use to keep your hand filled."
5 months ago
I tried the same strategy with the Fog effects in a similar white deck, and I found that with white lack of card advantage/no Constant Mists card it was hard to get them to work as well as I'd like. I couldn't guarantee I'd have them early enough for them to matter, and a multiplayer game compounds the problem. I have moved onto cards like Righteous Aura, which don't stop all damage but can hit key targets, and also doesn't target so it gets around Hexproof. A couple of fogs are still handy tricks, but I think you'll find removing the creatures permanently does a much better job. You're already running a good amount of sweepers so I think you've got that handled. One niche card you may want to look at is Avacyn, Guardian Angel. Her second effect is very costly, but she's a 5/4 vigilance that protects your other creatures with just a 5cmc.
I playtested your deck a couple of times, and the early game is slow. More early ramp like Mind Stone and Fellwar Stone should help, and consider Knight of the White Orchid, Oreskos Explorer, Solemn Simulacrum, and Kor Cartographer as ways to put more lands into play. Your commander is indestructible, but counters and exile effects still abound. That commander tax adds up. Gift of Estates is another budget way to find lands.
Angel of Finality is a fine angel, you always need graveyard hate in this format.