Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Iymrith, Desert Doom
Legendary Creature — Dragon
This has ward as long as this is untapped. (Whenever this becomes the target of a spell or ability an opponent controls, counter it unless that player pays .)
Whenever this deals combat damage to a player, draw a card. Then if you have fewer than three cards in hand, draw cards equal to the difference.
3 months ago
Absolutely LOVE it... I have a Jeskai variant and some tools I use that I really like are Mission Briefing to be used as as a Snapcaster Mage value effect and Consider along side it... because im in I use Dragonlord Ojutai for my finisher but I think Iymrith, Desert Doom could be really good to maybe split with your Dragonlord Silumgar.
Overall i really love the bones of this build... i wish you success and happy brewing!
3 months ago
I am looking to improve my card draw for my flash/Flicker Dragon deck using Renari, Merchant of Marvels and Dragon Cultist I feel like I have a good amount of ramp but I struggle with consistent card draw. The only ones that I have that can really help that I have so far are Icon of Ancestry Iymrith, Desert Doom Kindred Discovery Loch Dragon Rhystic Study Vanquisher's Banner If there are more cards that can help with some good card draw I am love the suggestions. The deck list is below
3 months ago
If you're looking for more draw, how about Iymrith, Desert Doom? 5 mana 5/5, draws cards on player damage, and has a big ward if you need it.
I'm not sure what the non-green Pioneer ramp options are. You're going to need a heavy control package at MV 1-3 to stay alive long enough for the Dragons to be relevant.
5 months ago
I 100% agree on Iymrith, Desert Doom I've been meaning to pick up a copy for a while now because there's so much going on with this card and it all adds up to awesome. Really, I just like combat damage linked to draw because as much as it can get out of hand, it always feels earned. You had to set up, get your things on the board, wait one turn, and then you reap the benefits. It's not like Mystic Remora or Rhystic Study because everyone at the table can see it coming, and maybe they don't get the chance to stop it, but having a turn cycle and having to do combat damage to an opponent make these kind of cards feel good when you get them to go off. Iymrith, Mischievous Catgeist Flip and things like that are draw and they are strong, but I've played a lot of them in one deck and have never had opponents groan at it like they do when someone plays rhystic.
But to add one, a card I've always loved is Soldevi Adnate because I really like cards that can get you back mana. It's not ramp as much as it is a step ladder to get you to something you really want on the turn you really want it, and I always felt that was way more fair than like powering out tron or something.
5 months ago
What are some cards that you think are just really well designed and good for Magic The Gathering as a whole?
I will go first...
- Good P/T
- Decent protection yet still removable.
- Generates value/advantage
To put the focus on Iymrith; I like this card because it does so much and yet still seems "Fair." It's legendary and it just feels legendary if this gets in play. The card advantage is conditional so it cant just sit on the field and let you draw; and yet by attacking it become more vunerable to efficient removal spells. The in the casting cost makes it so it cant be splashed into any deck with a total cost of "Only" five mana" so its still very playable in my opinion for many constructed formats.
5 months ago
Iymrith, Desert Doom. its a new dragon that is a neat control wincon
7 months ago
kookoo That definitely could work, as could Spark Double and Sakashima of a Thousand Faces (who could also be used for neat tricks like using Teneb, the Harvester to reanimate himself). The difficulty is that we are fairly tight on slots already, and I am thinking about cutting Vorosh, the Hunter and maybe another card to put Scalelord Reckoner back in as well as maybe adding Kairi, the Swirling Sky and/or Iymrith, Desert Doom. Every dragon we cut from our toolbox leaves us without a tool that we can summon any time, so support pieces need to be really good in order to make it! Neat idea though!
7 months ago
Update February 16, 2022
I need to get around to finishing the primer, and there are a few dragons printed in recent sets that I am considering for the deck. The following are on my list-
1) Kairi, the Swirling Sky This new dragon has a lot of potential. What is most important is its ward ability, which can cause targeted removal against us to fizzle. Being able to use Scion's ability to protect itself is the best, and we heavily rely on Silumgar, the Drifting Death and Quicksilver Dragon for this. More protection pieces are highly welcome. It's also nice to have consolation for when Scion dies to a board wipe. Getting to mill some more dragons into our graveyard or draw some of our many instants and sorceries for free is a great value, and there may be times when we want to get some revenge by bouncing some of our opponent's non-creature permanents. This is good value all around.
2) Iymrith, Desert Doom While the ward affect is a bit conditional here, we'll still be able to use it more than we think, particularly if we haven't attacked or have something that gave us vigilance. Its far better than Palladia-Mors, the Ruiner, which showed promise but was very unlikely to help us out. The amazing thing here though is simply that it can draw cards, and helps us especially when we're down and can reload to three. This is the entire reason we run Dragon Mage, and it will be a super nice addition.
3) Lathliss, Dragon Queen I've thought about adding this for years, and maybe now will be the time. While it's not quite Utvara Hellkite and is less good as a Scion activation, it can still be pretty problematic for our opponents when we recur or mass recur, and could feasbily win a lot of games. I'll probably run it.
4) Old Gnawbone This is the best card printed for the deck in years. Its floor is high and it's ceiling is the sky. It's also very on theme for Dragons to hoard treasure! The only problem is its price tag in real world $, so it probably won't go in for now. Nonetheless, I'll be watching for when it either drops at rotation or enjoys a reprint.