|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters 25 (A25)||None|
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
You may put a creature card from your hand into play. If you do, sacrifice it unless you pay its mana cost reduced by up to (2).
6 days ago
I have a few suggestions to help make the deck more competitive. Cloudstone Curio is an easy way to go infinite with your dorks or with Cloud of Faeries / Peregrine Drake . Flash and Protean Hulk would be a great addition, plus it synergizes with your Academy Rector . I run Aetherflux Reservoir as a backup win-con if something goes wrong with Labman. I also prefer to run Finale of Devastation over craterhoof because of how it synergizes with infinite mana.
1 week ago
Honestly if you want a deck to grow with you, Meren of Clan Nel Toth is easily one of the best commanders to start with. It makes your deck very resilient and forgiving to your mistakes as a more casual/beginning player and later can be upgraded to a competitive level.
Another one that is relatively good casually and has a high ceiling for growth is Varolz, the Scar-Striped . His abilities can make for quite a few types of decks including aristocrats style (sacrificing creatures for value), voltron style (making your commander as big as possible), or even playing huge creatures to either reanimate or scavenge. As you get into the more competitive realm he becomes a Protean Hulk deck that can win pretty wickedly fast despite not having access to Flash .
No doubt The Gitrog Monster is the strongest gb commander competitively, but I would advise you avoid him like the plague as a new player. He takes a lot more knowledge of the game and of his specific strategy to be any good. Wait to play the frog until you are more comfortable with gb cards and have done some studying on how the deck works and it's strange but extremely effective win-cons.
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
In a singleton deck never remove tutors. Only add better ones. Intuition acts as a secound Buried Alive and its instant speed. You may also want to consider a Flash Protean Hulk line just in case your commander is shut down. It looks like you already have most of the cards that would make that viable.
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
Glad you like the deck, I always have a blast playing Tuvasa. It's been pretty infamous in my circles due to it's resiliency. To answer a couple of your questions:
- Teferi's Protection is a great card, however most of the time I am tied for mana and having the difference in one CMC does make a large difference in my meta. My Tuvasa is often prone to be getting exiled and having 3 mana up is difficult as usually the turn after casting Tuvasa you are already playing another spell to make use of her. Other than that you can run both or just Teferi's Protection, it's up to you!
- Academy Rector is a trap in this deck, in order for you to make use of rector you need a kill switch. There isn't much spells that I run that destroys target creature or board wipes, I tend to usually draw into my enchantments or my tutors that gets me my enchantments and I run low CMC enchantments so rector is unnecessary for this style of play. If you are going to cheat out the bigger enchantments like say for example Omniscience or Decree of Silence than go for it, I would also include Flash as a way for instant speed kill.
- Verduran Enchantress has been cut out because I do have enough card draw, honestly it's been hard to cut out cards. I been tempted to down even to 33 lands to add in another low drop card like Ground Seal . I'm an advocate to tune your deck to your own style, if you need more card draw go add it in and test it out!
- Sigil of the Empty Throne is a fun card and can get out of hand, it can be a secondary line of winning, however I built this as a "voltron enchantress storm" type of deck and I just want to one shot people. I used to run it, but at 5 cmc it was too high when I had nothing else in my hand.
- Enchanted Evening is a great game ending card, but as I said with Sigil, I wanted to do a voltron storm style deck. You can definitely try it out as it is a huge bomb that can definitely OHKO someone not ready, but I just prefer the cost of my cards to be low for this type of deck.
Hope that answers your question and feel free to +1 upvote Tuvasa!
4 weeks ago
Fellin22, Hermit Druid maybe be strong, but being such a fragile card, needing a turn of no removal to get around or another piece in a haste enabler and I doubt it is truly a menace to the format. Nearly 0 cEDH lists I have seen in Maximum power run it anymore, as doing so for a major wincon does require a lack of basics and some build around, and that just gets crushed by Back to Basics or Blood Moon , while making painful manabases.
Nerdytimesorwhatever, I agree, I believe in many ways that Flash is an unhealthy card for the format, that or ban its partner Protean Hulk again. Perhaps both. I feel like Channel isn't banned for that reason though, it is banned more along the lines of Yawgmoth's Bargain , where due to the 40 life, it is even more unfair than normal. Not sure, maybe a bit of both. It is also a major reason due to why in the cEDH scene Thrasios/Tymna is by far the best deck.
4 weeks ago
Flash occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%