|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Zendikar vs Eldrazi (DDP)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Target creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
Landfall — If you had a land enter the battlefield under your control this turn, that creature gets +4/+4 until end of turn instead.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
2 days ago
Consider replacing red with blue, and replace most of the creatures with either Blighted Agent, Glistener Elf, and Ichorclaw Myr. You usually want to win as quickly as possible, so most of the enchantments can be deleted for things like Apostle's Blessing and Dispel to protect your dudes and Vines of Vastwood and Groundswell to give bursts of power. Distortion Strike is really good for getting through early blockers long enough to kill your opponent (since one should be enough to kill them within 2 turns). If you want more inspiration, you can look at the budget infect deck on my profile. Keep in mind it is made for modern as well as the fact that I don't know much about pauper.
1 week ago
Grove Rumbler + 3 Lands is a 10/10 which can make the game much faster, but does not work early that well
Retreat to Kazandu is a genius card! You can buff whatever or gain live a lot
1 week ago
2: You don't need 14 "infectors" so take out the Rot Wolf and add in more buff spells.
6: check out my infect deck; Infect Pauper, if you want anymore suggestions.
1 week ago
I run a mono green infect deck that can consistently get turn 2-4 win, so i can help you with the green side of your deck. One thing to know is that in an infect deck you want maximun consistency so you should have all the cards in your deck to be in it 4 times.
2 weeks ago
I second swapping Cathedral of War for Inkmoth Nexus. I prefer to think of Nexus as a creature, one that is often more useful than Blight Mamba or Necropede. It just happens to have the added flexibility of being a land that doesn't enter tapped. If you can afford to play a land tapped, you're not playing the fastest version of infect, and if you're not playing the fastest version, there isn't really a reason to play infect at all. (Nexus is $20 while Cathedral is $1 for a reason.) By this same logic, I wouldn't run any equipment. The 2 mana you spend casting and equipping Infiltration Lens could be spent casting 2 buffs to win the game immediately. And if you spent 4 mana to give Livewire Lash to a Glistener Elf only to have it Path to Exiled, you'd really wish the Lash was just an Apostle's Blessing or Vines of Vastwood instead. Finally, I think Groundswell is still underrated for infect. Whether it's a good replacement for Phytoburst may depend on how ready you are to gamble for high risk and high reward.
2 weeks ago
Fetches really help. They make Become Immense so much better, and it really is a strong card. Giant Growth really isn't that great, maybe consider Groundswell. Dryad Arbor is a complicated card. It helps in long games where you have to grind, does good against Death's Shadow decks, and can be fetched out in response to a Liliana of the Veil sac ability.
1 month ago
Welcome to Modern! Please take all these comments with healthy skepticism, as I have no idea what your meta is like nor your personal playstyle. :-)
First, I know you asked about sideboard, but I wanted to mention ...
- You might consider Cathedral of War. I'm not sure what the right number is, so I'd start testing at 4x and work down from there if you can't stand it.
- Vines of Vastwood is amazing, and I rec' running 4x (instead of a split with Blossoming Defense). Also, in case you're not aware: Because of the way the card is worded, it's actually better than hexproof ... you can use it on your opponent's creatures, to prevent them from targeting their own dudes with pump spells and various abilities (like Equip, Modular, and Crew).
- Though Groundswell is great is a 2-color deck (because of the Fetchlands), I personally think it's kind of meh in a Mono-G deck. If you haven't already done so, you might try testing 2x Groundswell and 2x Giant Growth and just see which you prefer. You could also try it with an extra land or two.
On sideboard, I try to always consider the following areas:
- Extra Protection: Meta-dependent, but I try to always consider some extra Vines of Vastwood, Blossoming Defense, or Apostle's Blessing. Also, though it's not really protection, Shaper's Sanctuary is intriguing. Not sure what I think of it yet, but I'm looking forward to testing it once XLN is released and the price normalizes.
- Extra Evasion: Meta-dependent, but I try to always consider extra Trample and Unblockable (e.g., Apostle's Blessing) effects.
- Removal: 1x Dismember is great. If too pricey though, any Green fight card is solid. I like Nature's Way, personally.
- Gravehate: 2x sounds about right. I'm on Tormod's Crypt lately, because it's the only thing that's fast enough vs. Vengevine.
- Artifacthate: I'm not personally a fan of Nature's Claim in the side, but that's because there's a lot of Eldrazi Tron in my meta and they run 4x Chalice of the Void in the main ... and Chalice with X=1 will shut Infect down hard. I like Seal of Primordium but Deglamer/Unravel the Aether may be better depending on the meta.
- Extra land: If I find myself bringing in high-CMC cards from the sideboard, sometimes adding an extra land makes sense.
- Burnhate: If there's a bunch of Burn in your meta, you may want some disposable blockers and some lifegain. Spellskite (blocker + protection) and Kitchen Finks (blocker + lifegain) are amazing, but super-pricey. Maybe something like Wall of Roots, Steel Wall, or Wall of Tanglecord. I've no idea on the lifegain ... Nourish maybe? Or maybe Jaddi Offshoot (though I'm not sure it's worth it with 20 Lands).
1 month ago
Groundswell,Blossoming Defense,Phytoburst,Might of Old Krosa are my favorite pump spells. Also use them in UG Infect. Get rid of Aura Gnarlid and all auras but Forced Adaptation, Ranger's Guile and Titanic Growth. +2Silhana Ledgewalker