Architect of the Untamed
Creature — Elf Artificer
Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you get (an energy counter).
Pay : Create a 6/6 colorless Beast artifact creature token.
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Architect of the Untamed Discussion
7 months ago
Have you thought about Architect of the Untamed ? It gives some useful energy sinks to make a big token. Appetite for the Unnatural is a pretty decent instant answer for a problematic enchantment/artifact too. You have some good interaction at sorcery speed but nothing to really deal with anyone's artifacts and enchantments. I also personally enjoy Aethersquall Ancient as a good energy creator with the possibility of bouncing everyone's stuff if you think they are getting a bit out of hand. If your more into token finishers, look at Cultivator of Blades , pump them up to a big number and then give everything on your field a ridiculous boost. I think that you might have a small issue of card advantage as well, so look for a couple of draw spells/creatures, peferably something repeatable like Glint-Sleeve Siphoner or Quicksmith Spy and although it might be out of budget, one of my personal favorite cards from this block is Lifecrafter's Bestiary You might also find that having so many tap lands can make you have some slow and awkward hands, so changing some of them to basic lands might not hurt, but that is up to you!
1 year ago
Ill look at each one and look for a better version of that card. Alpha Authority could be swapped for one of the sowrds.
Prowler's Helm could be one of the swords
1 year ago
Totally missed the servant, lol! I would definitely look to add more lands to your deck, though. I run a 2 color (gruul) Pummeler deck with a much lower cmc curve and have 21 lands. Especially if you have Architect of the Untamed.
1 year ago
Panharmonicon would be a great addition to this deck, and Whirler Virtuoso would provide an alternate place to dump mana. If you're going to use Ghirapur Orrery, Architect of the Untamed is always nice.Harnessed Lightning is great removal, and Aether Hub is great for mana fixing. Adding these cards would make it less of an Electrostatic Pummeler deck and more of a Temur Energy deck. To find space for the cards I suggested, maybe take out some of the following: Thriving Turtle, Glint-Nest Crane, Woodweaver's Puzzleknot, and Cathartic Reunion. Nice deck, keep up the good work, and I hope my suggestions help. I'm just offering a way to make it a more competitive and consistent Temur Energy deck.
2 years ago
Hey man! You going to update this deck? I saw that you saved my pummeler deck, so hopefully you can get ideas from that. Lightning Runner, Maulfist Doorbuster, and Architect of the Untamed seem too slow for this deck. I do like the Commencement of Festivities for how aggro this meta is with decks like mono red and Mardu vehicles dominating the format.Larger Than Life, Voltaic Brawler, and Servant of the Conduit need to go in the deck. I'm aware you already have a brawler, but it is so good in the deck it needs at least 3 copies.
2 years ago
- You say everything needs to support those 4 cards you name. Don't they already? What cards don't fit the scheme?
- The lategame plan is not one giant creature, because that is easily dealt with. The plan is making huge amounts of energy and beefing up all the creatures.
I agree a large creature is easily dealth with. If that is the plan then Shaper's Sanctuary should be traded out for 4 Blossoming Defense's since that's currently the only way to keep those big dudes alive.
- You could be right about pummeler, but it's the kind of card that creates value even just sitting there. Your opponent is forced to consider it every single turn, probably burn some removal on it, and never dare attack through because it's nearly always a potential 8/8 even without spells. Understand Fabrication Module can dish out +1/+1 counters regularly so this guy could easily be a 3/3 even before eating energy.
I see your point, but a 3 mana creature traded for a 1 mana shock / fatal push isn't a good trade unless you're REALLY planning to use him at some point or have enough syndergy with him to make using Blossoming Defense on him worth it.
- Architect doesn't need token synergy. That's important with a pile of 1/1s, but not so important when you make 6/6s. I do agree there should be 20 lands and 4 Attunes though.
I disagree with this. The other things you could do with 8 energy in this deck are all more beneficial than creating a 6/6. At the very least it can function as an energy sink, but this card needs the deck to be built around it for it to be useful. And perhaps if you could find a way to drag the game out and include 4 Woodweaver's Puzzleknot and an Anointed Procession or two it could have use but as it stands it hold the deck back.
- I don't understand why you say there's too many 2-drops. I feel lots of 2-drops are great, and late game you can hold up mana for the modules than cast something expensive. Unless you have some suggestion higher up the curve.
A deck with no recursion and a small amount of card draw that runs mostly 2 and 3 drops is always at risk of being out-valued with more efficient removal. I just feel if the curve moved more smoothly the deck would have more resiliancy after turn 4-5. Maybe another 2Bristling Hydras and 2 Verdurous Gearhulk or so would help.
2 years ago
Definitely a fan of this deck, but i see a few issues...
- it feels like you started this deck with a good core but got off-track. Everything in the deck needs to support Fabrication Module Aethergeode Miner Aerial Responder and maybe Bristling Hydra
- Doesn't have a late game plan outside of larger than life on a beefed up creature, which is pretty easy to deal with.
- If you're going to go pummeler you might as well go 100% all in on him otherwise he's a wasted slot and your deck is trying to do too many things.
- Architect of the Untamed feels randomly thrown in as you have no token or land drop synergy and only 2 attune with aethers
- Your 2 drop slot is really gummed up, should probably think about which is more important to prioritize