Architect of the Untamed
Creature — Elf Artificer
Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you get (an energy counter).
Pay : Create a 6/6 colorless Beast artifact creature token.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (16)||DHermos , Hootiequack , YossarianLives , CAPT.Shock , Dr_Jay , Nemesis , Daddy1ong1egs13 , joshw335 , TThors , KB2187 , darthnuchi , ecurps , PTsmitty , mcstang1986 , pskinn01 , Vasbear1|
Architect of the Untamed Discussion
2 weeks ago
- You say everything needs to support those 4 cards you name. Don't they already? What cards don't fit the scheme?
- The lategame plan is not one giant creature, because that is easily dealt with. The plan is making huge amounts of energy and beefing up all the creatures.
I agree a large creature is easily dealth with. If that is the plan then Shaper's Sanctuary should be traded out for 4 Blossoming Defense's since that's currently the only way to keep those big dudes alive.
- You could be right about pummeler, but it's the kind of card that creates value even just sitting there. Your opponent is forced to consider it every single turn, probably burn some removal on it, and never dare attack through because it's nearly always a potential 8/8 even without spells. Understand Fabrication Module can dish out +1/+1 counters regularly so this guy could easily be a 3/3 even before eating energy.
I see your point, but a 3 mana creature traded for a 1 mana shock / fatal push isn't a good trade unless you're REALLY planning to use him at some point or have enough syndergy with him to make using Blossoming Defense on him worth it.
- Architect doesn't need token synergy. That's important with a pile of 1/1s, but not so important when you make 6/6s. I do agree there should be 20 lands and 4 Attunes though.
I disagree with this. The other things you could do with 8 energy in this deck are all more beneficial than creating a 6/6. At the very least it can function as an energy sink, but this card needs the deck to be built around it for it to be useful. And perhaps if you could find a way to drag the game out and include 4 Woodweaver's Puzzleknot and an Anointed Procession or two it could have use but as it stands it hold the deck back.
- I don't understand why you say there's too many 2-drops. I feel lots of 2-drops are great, and late game you can hold up mana for the modules than cast something expensive. Unless you have some suggestion higher up the curve.
A deck with no recursion and a small amount of card draw that runs mostly 2 and 3 drops is always at risk of being out-valued with more efficient removal. I just feel if the curve moved more smoothly the deck would have more resiliancy after turn 4-5. Maybe another 2Bristling Hydras and 2 Verdurous Gearhulk or so would help.
2 weeks ago
Definitely a fan of this deck, but i see a few issues...
- it feels like you started this deck with a good core but got off-track. Everything in the deck needs to support Fabrication Module Aethergeode Miner Aerial Responder and maybe Bristling Hydra
- Doesn't have a late game plan outside of larger than life on a beefed up creature, which is pretty easy to deal with.
- If you're going to go pummeler you might as well go 100% all in on him otherwise he's a wasted slot and your deck is trying to do too many things.
- Architect of the Untamed feels randomly thrown in as you have no token or land drop synergy and only 2 attune with aethers
- Your 2 drop slot is really gummed up, should probably think about which is more important to prioritize
4 weeks ago
I would recommend taking out Gnarlwood Dryad as with only 4 artifacts and no enchantments it'll be hard to get delirium and you could move in Architect of the Untamed. Splashing blue would also help diversify and open some possibilities like Rogue Refiner or Confiscation Coup. I'm personally a big fan of nissa as well, you could try out Nissa, Steward of Elements or Nissa, Vital Force.
1 month ago
Cool deck! I would recommend Sakura-Tribe Elder or Farhaven Elf over Natural Connection. I also think taking out Architect of the Untamed could work well, in favor of some more damage. You could try out Avenger of Zendikar.
2 months ago
Me and a friend bought several packs a while back and on the last packs we opened i broke a Architect of the Untamed while he opens a Chalice of the Void.kinda depressing really considering that was the only card worth anything
2 months ago
I get where you're going with this, but running so many lands pretty much guarantees a hand full of lands most games. You don't have any plays until turn 3, and once you do have a mess of lands there isn't a real pay off for it.
I would cut down to 27 lands MAX, throw in some early game defense and a couple of bombs.
Cards I'd look at:
Hope this helps!
3 months ago
Actually, Illusionist's Bracers work with Architect of the Untamed as well. Missed that.
3 months ago
Cultivator of Blades is a great addition to any thing with elves i would also add Deceiver of Form for some late game fun Conduit of Ruin can help get the afore mentioned Deceiver of Form and From Beyond also helps that if you want more land ramp go for Sylvan Advocate Architect of the Untamed Lifecrafter's Bestiary and any land fetches i would get rid of Narnam Renegade because you have no consistent revolt triggers