Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Contaminated Ground Discussion
2 days ago
Ok I Like the starting shell. Ultimate Price is strictly better than Doom Blade. Pack Rat is great and can win by itself. I think if you want to go for an infect sub theme go 4x Ichor Rats and 4x Septic Rats. I don't think Scrib Nibblers is good because it's mana cost is too high, I would just take them out. Pestilence Rats is great and I would throw those in. Swarm of Rats is also good as well. I like Typhoid Rats as a low drop. I'm not big on Contaminated Ground but I love Bad Moon and I would put more in. But over all pretty good. +1
1 week ago
Looking good! Here are my recommendations:
Mist Raven -> Contagion Engine (I think you have enough bounce effects; the engine will do work here, especially if you manage to squeeze in a couple more 'walkers like Garruk, Apex Predator or Vraska the Unseen)
3 weeks ago
Okay, I played my LD deck No-Man's Land against this. Mine's a Standard brew. I was able to beat this deck 5 out 6 playtests. I never switched out for side board cards for either side. The game changer every time was my Ember Swallower. Whichever lands you enchanted, I sacrificed them.
Mana rampers were also key. I didn't need to use my lands with a few elves, caryatids, and rattleclaws out.
And once I got my land destruction engine running, I focused on taking out your island base and you became a sitting duck. I think you don't run enough lands, by the way.
When RTR was standard, I used to run Contaminated Ground in my LD deck. That's a mean card! The one game your deck won was because of that card. I think your first hand had two of them and I played them right away and I never got the right color of mana after that. It was pretty damn frustrating.
Again, I think this deck would be more devastating if the mana was more reliable. If I ever build a modern LD deck, I'm going to borrow ideas from your deck to beat opponents ugly. I'll punish them for using their mana, and I'll punish them by taking it away.
+1 from me
3 weeks ago
The thing you seem to be missing is that Mana Web forces them to tap most if not all of their mana, whethere from them reacting to it or its resolution. That makes them take damage depending on how many Psychic Venom, Contaminated Ground, and Pooling Venom cards are out. Yes, they can still have mana, but only in one phase (choose wisely) but it costs them life to use that mana. A burn deck will take anywhere from 2-8 damage a turn when they cast their spells just from having to tap their land. A creature deck has to pay to keep and attack with their creatures. Its not a fool proof deck, but its fun and it does win... a lot.
3 weeks ago
while free land destruction can be nice, i'd hate to pay a land while they keep one.
I'll have Evil Presence and Contaminated Ground to turn non-basics into a Swamp, which they are less likely to need than if they can search for a basic of their choice, instead I'm removing the choice, and if they manage to remove the enchantments Molten Rain will sill eliminate the non-basic later in the game, and hit them for 2 in the process.
3 weeks ago
Its a good card but too big of a cmc for this deck. Guile is only here for long games and for situations where my opponent decides not to pay. Also if i were to add another color it would be black for more cards like Contaminated Ground and Pooling Venom but i want to stay solid blue.
1 month ago
Test results so far:
- Stuff needs to go to opponent's grave faster, thus Memory Sluice is being added to the things to try out.
- Though the deck-wrecking potential is great, not drawing Extirpates/Extractions more than once or twice during a game is fatal. Needs card draw, possibly Pain Seer for value with Sluice?
- More efficient removal needed, Dismember for sideboard?
- Leyline of Sanctity is bad news. Ended up forcing myself to discard things and hoping to draw Gurmag Angler. Didn't happen. Contaminated Ground bought a few turns though, so that worked.
|Avg. draft pick||6.24|
|Avg. cube pick||8.05|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Rise of the Eldrazi||Common|
- Chronic Flooding + Contaminated Ground
- Contaminated Ground + Zombie Master
- Contaminated Ground + Pooling Venom
- Contaminated Bond + Contaminated Ground
- Contaminated Ground + Stab Wound
- Contaminated Ground + Pestermite
- Contaminated Ground + Sheoldred, Whispering One
- Contaminated Ground + Grim Guardian
- Contaminated Ground + Psychic Venom
- Contaminated Ground + Dream's Grip
- Contaminated Ground + Cursed Land