Creature — Elf Druid
When Pollenbright Druid enters the battlefield, choose one —
- Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.
- Proliferate. (Choose any number of permanents and/or players, then give each another counter of each kind already there.)
Printings View all
|War of the Spark (WAR)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Pollenbright Druid Discussion
1 day ago
Pollenbright Druid can give you another body to sacrifice to Mycoloth, while also giving a +1/+1 counter if needed or Proliferating your spore counters. Thallid is a 1 drop that generates and uses spore counters. Mirror Entity takes all your frail creatures and turns them as big as you can pay for. Overrun can be a nice finisher with all these tokens lying around
I would remove Contagion Engine for another Mycoloth. Raking Canopy is only good for Sideboard and doesn't need to be in Mainboard as it can well be a dead card on your hand. I would also switch out Tukatongue Thallid for another Utopia Mycon and Thallid Shell-Dweller
2 weeks ago
First off, I want to say how much I love/appreciate your descriptions because they give me the ability to sort of step into your shoes and play the deck from your perspective. I've built a few different iterations of planeswalker-only decks and I had noticed the same thing about proliferate! Pollenbright Druid is one of my favorites for Mono-Green along side The Great Henge...it gets dirty.
Oh lordy - finished my play through on this deck and it was just downright mean. Kudos, my man!
1 month ago
If you do choose to add green, you'll find that there are many more good proliferate options available to you, including Evolution Sage, Pollenbright Druid, and maybe even Bloom Hulk, although that last one is one the slightly more expensive/less efficient/impactful side for constructed. Flux Channeler is another strong option, as is Roalesk, Apex Hybrid, though adding him may end up taking your deck in a somewhat different direction. Still could be worth playtesting though.
2 months ago
2 months ago
Yeah, definitely agree with Hardened Scales. That will go on the acquire board for the next card order I do.
Can't believe I did not think about Proliferate. That may change a couple creatures that I have in there. Probably look into subbing in some combination of Evolution Sage, Flux Channeler, Pollenbright Druid, Thrummingbird, and Roalesk, Apex Hybrid.
2 months ago
Digging the first pass of the deck I would try to go all-in on the infect theme and ditch some of the +1/+1 counter focused cards. Would make the deck feel a lot more consistent in games played.
I also see some cards that give brokkos some form of evasion, its worth noting that brokkos already has a pseudo-evasion like effect by naturally having trample, which deters people from blocking anyways, I feel that the additional evasion effects via creatures to mutate onto seems a bit extra.
I reccomend removing these:
- Merfolk Skydiver - +1/+1 theme, its nice for a 5 mana proliferation sink but I feel its too clunky
- Pollenbright Druid - A one time proliferate is likely too cute for this deck
- Polukranos, Unchained - +1/+1 counter themed, I see the argument for mutating onto a huge creature with +1/+1 counters, but polukranos also shrinks really quickly
- Elusive Tormentor Flip is a nice unblockable threat, but we're winning by going to bash town with infect damage, rather than an unblockable 6/7
- Silhana Ledgewalker Another pseudo-unblockable threat.
- Toothy, Imaginary Friend I likely would only play this card with Pir, Imaginative Rascal, seems very off theme from what you're trying to do aside from giving itself counters.
- Yeva, Nature's Herald This card only gives your green creatures flash, I dont think its really worth it... otherwise I would be super on board
- Blighted Agent is a human and you cannot mutate onto it. I'm not sure if you want to keep it in the deck as an extra infect threat, or go all in on the mutate plan.
- Relic Putrescence feels way too narrow just for giving its controller a single poison counter
- Simic Ascendancy Is a +1/+1 card that I dont see as a viable backup plan
- Leyline of Anticipation It's nice casting things at instant speed but that isnt really the theme of the deck, if folks have instant speed removal they will likely use it anyways and this wont get you many bonus points
- Golgari Charm What is this for? Removing 1/1s? Brokkos has trample and your infect creatures might have 1 toughness... regenerating brokkos? Just mutate again..
Cards I would consider adding:
- Rot Wolf
- Whispering Specter
- Plague Myr
- Blackcleave Goblin
- Triumph of the Hordes
- Blackblade Reforged
Since you're looking for more Destroy effects, Card draw effects, and counter effects, consider the following:
- Beast Within
- Vines of Vastwood
- Deadly Rollick
- Phyrexian Arena
- Painful Truths
- Arcane Denial
- Curtains' Call
There are a few different land ramp spells I may play, but those are likely out of budget. For the remainder of the cuts I reccomend taking out the worst infect creatures, and possibly some of your land ramp spells
3 months ago
Hey this is a great primer! I've been building a Tayam deck myself though it seems we went pretty different directions with it. I had a few questions and curiosities and would love to get your thoughts / advice if you wouldn't mind.
How well do you feel that the mana dorks add to your ramp as opposed to say, adding more fetches and then recurring them later on?
I'm really interested in some of the higher CMC choices you made - I'm especially curious as to how you feel Meren performs in this deck and whether she's a "must include" for consistency. I''m also intrigued by your inclusion of Shalai, Voice of Plenty, would you think something like Keensight Mentor could also be a good form of getting counters?
My deck had utilized a lot of token generators like Bitterblossom and Pawn of Ulamog for sacrifice based value, yours seems to have a lot fewer and don't have any persist creatures - I'm guessing you still can get a lot of value. Do you think a bunch of token generators may not be really necessary in this sort of deck?
I'd also really like to know how you feel about proliferation cards - I was looking at cards like Pollenbright Druid and Huatli's Raptor to recur for proliferation along with Yawgmoth so I could generate enough counters for Tayam, do you think those are worth the slots, or did your playtesting find that a set up like this generated enough counters for you?
I've also been a bit curious to see if there's some -1/-1 Counter Synergy that could be feasibly worked with Tayam. The big reason for this was I figured you could always remove the counters from your own creatures for the obvious benefit as well as the value of Tayam's ability, and have a card like Hapatra and Nest of Scarabs for tokens or Obelisk Spider, Necroskitter and Crumbling Ashes and Channeler Initiate for other shenanigans to get a lot of value out of it. I'd love to hear what you have to think about that sort of idea. My main thought is that it seems like it'd be fun, but probably not very feasible / consistent.
Once again, really cool deck! Definitely deserving of a +1 and a great source of inspiration!
5 months ago
Have you considered Pollenbright Druid in the place of Aeromunculus? It works pretty well with Benthic Biomancer to filter cards off the top of your library. Also I've found that Lotus Field works really well with Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner. Hope this helps.