19 minutes ago
Thanks for the tips! I really thini that Stensia Masquerade and Incorrigible Youths are going to be really great in this deck. Since I actually only uploaded it to share it with some people, I didnt flag it as casual xD, which is why I do not think that I will run Fiery Temper which per se is a great card but just feels like Powergaming, otherwise would be a good idea ^^. Bloodmad Vampire I think would work best with 4 copies of Stensia Masquerade, considering it has a Toughness of 1, so I think that for the moment, I'll let it be. For the last of your suggestions, Castle Locthwain, a really good decision to run it I think, since the deck tends to be empty-handed or at least pretty close to it quite often and it still has methods of gaining life in a casual environment.
Thank you very much for your suggestions and please excuse how long it took me to respond but I'm kind of in my exams atm xD
24 minutes ago
Some green ramp upgrades I've been looking into include:
Traverse the Ulvenwald - G to fix your mana or later G to Tutor a Creature you need for your combo or any land.
Once Upon a Time - Free or 1G and you can dig 5 cards deep to find another Land/Creature.
43 minutes ago
Well KibaAlpha, I got the list back up (after I accidentally deleted over half the list). Any cards that've come out in the last 10 months or so that you think would be good here?
1 hour ago
fighting yourself to deal damage to your opponent's face?
Now that's what I call MAGIC. Very nice build.
Consider Nahiri, the Harbinger for more ... OOOMPH! Get some cards moving through your hand, a bit more control, and a nice ultimate.
1 hour ago
I play Urza too! It's a very fun cEDH deck.
If I could recommend a single big draw spell, it would likely be Recurring Insight. Generally speaking you'll be ramping out hard with artifacts so your lands won't necessarily be more than 4ish, and for a 6cmc sorcery, I think drawing 4-5 cards twice off of Recurring Insight would be much better than Flow of Ideas.
Is there a particular reason you're using Basalt Monolith but not Rings of Brighthearth to generate infinite mana so you can win with Urza?I would figure that having the additional infinite mana outlet would be the primary reason for running Basalt since it's generally not seen as good on its own. Perhaps dropping Chromatic Orrery for it could be reasonable (since if you have infinite colorless mana with Urza with something that can untap, you also have infinite blue. So Basalt Monolith can make infinite colorless by copying the untap activation with Rings, and after making 30 million colorless, you can spend that to make 10 million blue (by simply tapping the Monolith for blue via Urza's ability, then untapping it for 3 colorless mana). And 5 to draw 1 seems pretty horrible when you've already got Sensei's Top. I guess its nice that it taps for 5 to power a Dramatic Scepter win, but there's functionally no difference between Gilded Lotus and it in that circumstance, and you could likely win via any extra rock + Worn Powerstone if that's what you were aiming for. I dunno, just seems like a 7 mana do nothing rock unless you have Filigree Sages which just makes this the exact same combo, except it costs 9 mana to start (7, tap 5, pay 4 for Sages, pay 2 more to activate Sages to untap, repeat), whereas the Basalt one costs 8 but the individual pieces can come down much earlier (alongside Rings having more inherent synergy with the deck as well, eg double Urza or Tezzeret tutor activations, etc.).
Sai, Master Thopterist is another nice one. Every artifact you cast effectively gets you a free Mox Opal that can also be spent to draw you additional cards.
1 hour ago
yeah, I'm not one of those "infinite loop" builders, either.
Just 21, straight to the face. Commander damage, just take it.
And if you somehow protect yourself from losing life, I'll make it infect tokens instead.
Whatever it takes, Zur can deliver it.
1 hour ago
What do you think about Quirion Dryad? Not too many of your spells are monogreen, so she'd get a boost from most of the stuff a creature with Prowess would, only in her case they're permanent. However, she also has the added bonus of getting a boost from most of your other creatures, too!
1 hour ago
I also agree that there needs to be another card draw, but I am not a fan of Return of the Wildspeaker.
I may be way outside the box here but I’m strongly considering Kozilek, Butcher of Truth. It will also give the shuffle, the surge is massive, and the sac to draw is epic. Not hard for us to cast either.
1 hour ago
The "panorama" lands also trigger Landfall twice in a round. They are legal with any commander because they don't show mana symbols.
Elemental Mastery is great if a one big guy is getting chump blocked. Turn him into a swarm. Even better if you have Elemental tribal stuff going on.
1 hour ago
I did a similar Orzhov (BW) Knights Deck Knights of Exile, though we did some things differently. I went at mine with a Spike mindset, but if you're happy with what you have, I'm all for it.
Cards You Should Remove:
- Kunoros, Hound of Athreos (doesn't synergize with Knights, not a bad card though)
- Kaya, Orzhov Usurper (doesn't synergize with Knights. I had her in an older iteration of my deck but realized she doesn't give any value to my Knights at all. I would recommend swapping her with Gideon Blackblade, better for what you're doing)
- Evolving Wilds (It's not bad, you should understand that you can only pull Swamps and Plains with it)
- Forever Young (The first iteration of my deck had that sort of "bring shit back from the dead" mindset behind it, but I find it's not super effective for what Knights are)
- Tymaret Calls the Dead (doesn't synergize with Knights, just forces you to mill and potentially lose Knights which you're playing)
- Underworld Dreams (doesn't synergize with Knights, not a bad card though)
Cards I Would Recommend:
- Gideon Blackblade (as mentioned, is good for Knights)
- Acclaimed Contender (can help you pull Knights that you need)
- Icon of Ancestry (is a direct buff to Knights, free +1/+1 for playing what you're playing)
- Knights' Charge (synergizes with Knights, is insanely powerful late game. It's more of a synergistic Forever Young)
- Basri's Lieutenant (free Knight generation, is just a really good card for Knights)
- Basri's Solidarity (synergizes very well with Lieutenant)
- Wintermoor Commander (Gets stronger the more Knights you have, can give any creature free Indestructible)
- Tournament Grounds (free Mana for casting Knights)
- Unbreakable Formation (everyone gets Indestructible, and if you cast it during your Main Phase, it helps synergize with Basri's Lieutenant)
Deck Building Tips:
- Constantly be asking yourself "What value does this bring to what I'm playing?" Synergy is fun to play with, but you also have to play around what helps you get to that synergy.
- A bad card that's good when you have another card with it is a deck building trap. I fall victim to it all the time, I tend to read card effects and love the card before I realize what it means to the deck.
- Figure out what your strategy of your deck is. I like playing Midrange, so I tend to play for the lategame with ways to keep me going until then. Another iteration of the Knights deck is Mardu (RBW) that focuses on equipment spells and being Aggro (you play for the early game and want to win as soon as possible). Find your playstyle, and look at ways other people are running that playstyle.
- If all else fails, netdeck. If you didn't know what that was already, it means copying someone else's deck and running it yourself. Many in the MTG community dispute it, but it's not a bad thing to use as a learning tool.
Hope this helps!
2 hours ago
griffstick I made it my goal to run all permanents. Rise of the Dark Realms is ridiculously good, but with my field set up, I can steal other players graveyards with Animate Dead, Dance of the Dead, and/or Necromancy, along with Kaya's Ghostform to make it permanent.
Glad you like the deck.
2 hours ago
I haven’t had the opportunity to pick up either of those cards. I’m not convinced by the incinerator, I thing Satyr Firedancer or whatever it’s called would be better. Emancipation is going in eventually because it’s just hilarious.
2 hours ago
Thalakos Seer, Dig Through Time, Temporal Trespass, Baleful Strix, Vela the Night-Clad, Arcane Adaptation, Ukkima, Stalking Shadow, Thieves' Guild Enforcer, Mystical Tutor, Dream Cache, Personal Tutor, Sensei's Divining Top, Scroll Rack, Cover of Darkness, Soothsaying, Halimar Depths.
4 hours ago
I would also think about swapping some of your more expensive draw cards like Tidings for cheaper cantrips like Brainstorm, Preordain, or even Opt. Paying 1 mana for a good card is better than paying 5 mana for a few random ones, in my opinion, and you have other ways to refill your hand if you need to (like Recurring Insight, which I love.)
4 hours ago
AbsoluteIridium Here is what we are currently testing. Might change a bit but most of this is the new direction of the deck.
sorry for the delay, we were building decks and testing em with what we had on hand just for fun.
4 hours ago
Here are some ideas!
Creatures I would add: Thassa, Deep-Dwelling (She will probably be cheaper when she rotates out of Standard, but she's a natural fit for the deck).
Purphoros, God of the Forge (This card won me so many games with my Riku creatures deck)
Avenger of Zendikar (Also a win con)
Solemn Simulacrum (For repeatable ramp and the bonus draw)
Prime Speaker Zegana (Draw. Even if if you copy and her and sacrifice one she's great)
For instants and sorceries, I would cut your extra turn stuff if it is causing issues with your play group. The untap stuff like Early Harvest can be a stand-in for these, as they practically do the same thing but aren't technically extra turns. Nevertheless they can bother people.
Epic Experiment is hit or miss even in a deck with a lot more instants and sorceries. If you're going for more creatures, this should definitely be cut.
Clone Legion costs a lot and is not consistent. I love this card, but for 9 mana, I want to win the game with some degree of certainty.
Brass's Bounty can probably go. You should be able to ramp in other ways, and this isn't an artifact deck.
As for Spitting Image, it's fine, but it is going to be on the high end of your ideal mana curve. I'd put in some cheaper clone effects first.
Let me know what you think. It might be time do a revision to the deck and see how things are looking, to get a clearer picture of the direction it's going and what it still needs.