Trostani, Selesnya's Voice
Legendary Creature — Dryad
Whenever another creature enters the battlefield under your control, you gain life equal to that creature's toughness.
, : Populate. (Create a token that's a copy of a creature token you control.)
Printings View all
|Commander 2019 (C19)||Mythic Rare|
|Guilds of Ravnica: Guild Kit (GK1)||Mythic Rare|
|Return to Ravnica (RTR)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
- triggered before check ab (quick/easy one)?
- Ageless Entity + multiple triggers?
- Can I control more that one Legendary card if they are all completely different?
- How much life does a Trostani give when a Serra Avatar enters?
- How much life does Trostani, Selesnya's Voice gives with Honor of the pure in play?
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Trostani, Selesnya's Voice Discussion
1 week ago
Now, I'm not personally a fan of lifegain, so I would suggest you remove the lifegain subtheme. I could just be biased, though. Outside of decks that can use lifegain as a resource (like Heliod, Sun-Crowned), lifegain just becomes a card that delays your death without giving you any real tools to overcome whatever situation may be killing you. Now, if a card can gain you life AND do something else, then it's much better. This includes cards like Archangel of Thune. But if a card ONLY gains you life and does nothing else, it's probably not the best. These include Resolute Archangel, Beacon of Immortality, Angelic Chorus, Shattered Angel, Boon Reflection, Rhox Faithmender, and more.
Since lifegain strategies require both cards that gain life as well as cards that use life, in order to make the strategy as viable as possible, the commander should fill one of those 2 roles. Otherwise, you end up using a lot of deck space to put in cards that individually have little impact. Trostani, Selesnya's Voice, for example, is a good lifegain commander since she provides all the life you need to make use of cards like Aetherflux Reservoir. But I could just be biased since I don't have much experience with lifegain outside of my own Trostani deck I used to have. Good luck making cuts!
1 month ago
Obzedat, Church Boss
Legendary Creature - Spirit Advisor
Obzedat, Church Boss can only be blocked by five or more creatures.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control at least five Spirit creatures and Obzedat, Church Boss is in exile, return it to the battlefield transformed under your control.
The Council Supreme
Legendary Planeswalker - Obzedat
+1: Create a 1/1 white and black Spirit creature token with flying.
-1: The next instants or sorcery spell you cast has haunt. When the creature that spell haunts dies, you may cast a copy of that spell.
-5: You get an emblem with "Whenever an opponent loses life, you gain that much life."
Parun Flipwalkers, remaining:
1 month ago
Parun of Golgari was Svogthir, a Lich Elf.
Svogthir, Devkarin Lich
Legendary Creature - Zombie Elf
As long as Svogthir, Devkarin is in your graveyard, if your would draw a card, Dredge Svogthir instead.
Sacrifice two other creatures: Regenerate Svogthir, Devkarin Lich.
At the beginning of your endstep, if you control no other creatures, transform Svogthir, Devkarin Lich.
Svogthir, Lich Transcendant
Legendary Planeswalker - Svogthir
+1: Return target card from your graveyard to your hand, Dredge 2.
0: Create a 1/1 black and green Plant Zombie creature token with "Exile a creature card in your graveyard: put a +1/+1 counter on this creature."
-5: Return target creature from a graveyard to the battlefield under your control.
Okay, so the Paruns left are:
- : Obzedat, Ghost Council/Ghost Council of Orzhova(Incl. Karlov, Enezesku, Fautomni, Vuliev, and Xil Xaxosz)
- : Mat'Selesnya (Voiced by Trostani, Selesnya's Voice/Trostani Discordant
- : Szadek, Lord of Secrets
- : The First Simic (Yeah, if you have a better name go with it, but idk?)
- : Cisarzim, the Lord of Chaos (Seems to have been a cyclops)
- : Rakdos the Defiler/Rakdos, Lord of Riots//Rakdos, the Showstopper
1 month ago
Hey all! This is my current deck I'm working on, and I'm having a lot of fun with it. I have a cut and a need for some upgrades however.
Firstly, I'm trying to slot an Eternal Witness in here somewhere, but I'm having trouble deciding if it's worth to add in in this case. Any suggestions?
Secondly, what are some good cards I should save up for in the future? I'm thinking cards like Cloudstone Curio and Sylvan Library are on the list, but would love any other suggestions. Highest I'll go is around 40$.
I'm aiming for the deck to just be quicker at what it does: getting Karametra out ASAP, then proceeding to ramp out and overwhelm my opponents with my boardstate. Thanks for any help!
2 months ago
- You only need 35-38 lands
Maralen of the Mornsong doesnt benefit this deck imo, if I'm an opponent ill just get to tutor for a kill spell and kill it
Trostani, Selesnya's Voice you dont run tokens so you dont need this.
Colossification this card is not as good as you think it is but if you want it be my guest.
Ayara, First of Locthwain This is isn't viable in this deck since you don't have many black creatures
Reveillark You don't have that many 2 or less power creatures so this could end up just sticking in your hand
All in all, this isn't bad except some of the cards you've added just won't be efficient or they go against what you're trying to do. Like Athreos, God of Passage would make your creatures not go to the graveyard, which is what you want. Since you're new you won't know exactly what's good but when constructing a deck always try to focus on a few things.
- How am I trying to win the game?
- What are my strengths and what are my weaknesses?
- How will I deal with what other people are doing?
Also, it is entirely up to you what you want to get but just keep in mind the cost of some of the cards. you have like 3 or 4 cards that cost $20 each and if you want to spend that much that's fine but having 4 cards worth $5 is more valuable than 1 card worth $20. Big effects are great and fun but any spell can be undone with one spell. Decks that are consistently apply pressure are better than those that apply a lot of pressure every now and then.
2 months ago
I updated the pre-con deck with better cards. I had to remove a lot of cards due to space. Let me know what you think about my additions.
3 months ago
Does Eerie Interlude work with Trostani, Selesnya's Voice? If you use Eerie Interlude to remove all your creatures from the battlefield they would all come back at the same time meaning Trostani would not trigger off the other creatures entering the battlefield at the same time she did. I could see this working if you left Trostani on the battlefield by either recasting her from your command zone or not exiling her with the rest of the creatures. That withstanding, Eerie Interlude is still a fantastic addition to this deck to help keep your creatures safe from sweepers.
4 months ago
These are the cards I would add:
- Glare of Subdual: with how many creatures your deck will be producing you’ll have all you need to shut down your opponents attack phases.
- Trostani, Selesnya's Voice: every creature that comes into play on your side equals life gain for you.
- Doubling Season: obvious reason
- Archetype of Courage: combined with your Ohran Frostfang is instant death to all creatures that block yours and yours never even take damage.
- Land Tax: with the low amount of mana sources you have this could you from being mana screwed in the early to mid game.
The cards I would take out to make room for them if you use them all are:
- Cathars' Crusade: reason being on this one is it is extremely difficult to keep track of the amount of counters because of the crazy amount of creatures you have. I’ve seen it happen in a Ghave deck. Person spent about a half hr sorting out all the counters in one turn. You could keep all your tokens as 1/1s and have more than enough to swing wide and one shot the table.
- Emmara, Soul of the Accord: between the high cmc and the fact that if some of your creatures die because of damage you’ll be replacing them anyways is the reason I’ld take her out.
- Mana Tithe: not exactly the most useful counterspell. If you must have a counterspell I’ll suggest Rebuff the Wicked. Far superior to the tithe.
- Throne of the God-Pharaoh: no special reason really
- Collective Unconscious: looks to me like you have quite a bit of card draw even without this one.