Creature — Elemental
When Time Elemental attacks or blocks, at end of combat, sacrifice it and it deals 5 damage to you.
(2)(Blue)(Blue), Tap: Return target permanent that isn't enchanted to its owner's hand.
Printings View all
|Masters Edition (MED)||Common|
|Fifth Edition (5ED)||Rare|
|Fourth Edition (4ED)||Rare|
|4th Edition Foreign Black Border (4EDFBB)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Time Elemental Discussion
6 months ago
Here are some of the cards my deck had that might help this deck
- Forgot the name of it, but the 6/6, 6 cmc Green Titan that lets you search for 2 lands and put them into play whenever green titan comes into play, an or when it attacks
Ertai Wizard and Ertai, the Corrupted are great counterspellers on creature aticks
Visara the Dreadful is a cheaper(cmc), better then Avatar of Woe.
Phage the Untouchable , is fun.
Platinum Angel is a colorless flying angel creature that makes it so that cant lose the game(A great way to cheat out Phage and not lose the game for doing so.)
Elvish Piper helps cheat out your creatures.
Dont forget your tutors.
Hell's Caretaker . Great way to cheat creatures into play.
7 months ago
Debatable: Air Elemental
1 year ago
1 year ago
thom-le, Great suggestions... going to pickup them up and give them a go. Temporal Adept is a upgrade over Time Elemental for sure. I noticed you run Silent Arbiter in your KILL AND RUN deck. I've had someone suggest Crawlspace as another option for a similar effect. You could use Silas Renn, Seeker Adept to keep bringing the effect back.
1 year ago
Very cool deck, I like that there are no endless loops in. Maybe consider Temporal Adept over Time Elemental , Surrakar Spellblade over Lu Xun, Scholar General if you want to have the card draw. With Lazav my personal favorite mana ramp is Dowsing Dagger Flip. Cavern Harpy is nice for protection. It's great to see how your deck works with that budget.
Althought I've build a more heavy budget deck, there are also ideas you might be interested: KILL AND RUN
2 years ago
The Temporal Adept's are a replacement for Time Elemental (as much as I <3 Amy Weber). I can prolly lose one, 3 is too many, can replace one with a Serra Angel or something, and maybe cut one of my mana rocks for a second one.
2 years ago
2 years ago
Thanks for the suggestions on my Atraxa list. Wanted to return the favor.
I love Big Blue. It's cool to see a Teferi list that goes all-in on that theme rather than abusing the untap effect with all the Stax cards (which, I'll admit, is what I did). Also love seeing Dismiss Into Dream. One of my favorite cards that seems to rarely find a home.
A couple options you might consider:
- With the number of available mana rocks, Paradox Engine is probably really strong here. At worst, it'll let you leave mana open after casting one of your big creatures to hold up counters or other effects. It can also let you get more value out of Endbringer and it gives all of your creatures pseudo-vigilance.
- It's a bit pricey, but if Gilded Lotus is in your budget, it's makes it a lot easier to chain colored spells with Paradox Engine. Worst case, just throwing in a Commander's Sphere might not be a bad option (it only taps for 1, but at least it can cantrip, and it's colored mana).
- Since you have a lot of bounce effects Capsize might be a good option. Sadly, it's a nonbo with Dismiss into Dream, but with a bunch of mana rocks, it can just win the game on the spot with Paradox Engine.
- Another possible buyback card is Whispers of the Muse. While it's 6 mana to draw a card, the fact that it's instant speed makes it really flexible, and it can draw your whole deck with Paradox Engine.
- Any buyback card that you can go infinite on with Paradox Engine also just wins the game immediately with Endbringer as well.
- Other options for bounce are Time Elemental and Temporal Adept. They also both synergize nicely with Dismiss into Dream for repeatable removal.
- Psychic Rebuttal and Delay both seem pretty situational. You might consider just Counterspell or things like Swan Song or Arcane Denial for low-cost counters.
Some possible cuts:
- Hedron Matrix seems marginal. It's a big P/T boost, but if you're throwing it on something that can be chumped anyway, it doesn't do a lot. If you really want equipment, something like Loxodon Warhammer to give your big guys trample and gain all the life or maybe Blade of Selves to really smash the table. But you probably have enough control and beef that equipment is just not doing much for you.
- Ghostform getting 2 creatures through once may not be enough. If you're looking for evasion, maybe Thassa, God of the Sea is an option? Also helps filter your deck, although she'd almost never be a creature in this deck. It may be correct to just lean on the Rogue's Passage.
- Skittering Invasion seems like it's not likely to do much very often. If you have the mana to cast it, you had at least 6 mana to cast Teferi, at which point you probably just want to cast something big.
- Salvage Drone is a really small effect, even for 1 mana.