Back:Heliod, the Warped Eclipse Flip
Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Heliod, the Radiant Dawn
Legendary Enchantment Creature — God
When Heliod, the Radiant Dawn enters the battlefield, return target enchantment card that isn't a God from your graveyard to your hand.
: Transform Heliod, the Radiant Dawn. Activate this ability only as a sorcery. ( can be paid with either or 2 life.)
4 months ago
4 months ago
5 months ago
- Opposition Agent is a possibly and suitably oppressive card, particularly with tutoring and fetching running rampant. Great fun.
- Raffine's Tower is a fetchable tri-land, which is great early game for color correction.
- Imperial Seal has been reprinted, so it's an extra cheap tutor that might be handy.
- Counterbalance can be delightfully obnoxious, and while it's combo potential with Sensei's Divining Top, you do have Soothsaying as an alternate option. It's countermagic, but it's exceptionally repeatable. Also, in terms of countermagic- and control-like things, I'd say to go for things with benefits, like Commandeer, Desertion, Vindicate (which I say is a must in those colors), Anguished Unmaking, Cyclonic Rift, Sunder, The Meathook Massacre...
- Dream Trawler might be pricey, but it's also very obnoxious to face. You could also think, in terms of creatures and creature-generation, about Sigil of the Empty Throne, Heliod, the Radiant Dawn Flip, Field of the Dead...
- Felidar Sovereign is another alternate win with fewer life required than the Test of Endurance, though Aetherflux Reservoir can be another fun way to ensure your life shoots sky-high and gives you ammo to destroy things. I'm also partial to Kokusho, the Evening Star in any black deck.
- A fun (but slow) way to swipe creatures is Athreos, Shroud-Veiled. Great fun, and it's fairly hard for opponents to deal with if it's not a creature.
7 months ago
7 months ago
Heliod, the Radiant Dawn Flip is quite nice, since he can return an enchantment to his controller's hand, and then become a creature with the same ability as Vedalken Orrery and Leyline of Anticipation, so I am contemplating putting him into my EDH decks that contain blue and white, but I am not certain if those decks contains a sufficient number of enchantments to justify him being included in them, since costs 4 mana to summon and then another 4 before he provides his additional benefit.
8 months ago
Oh and maybe it was obvious but turns out Heliod, the Radiant Dawn Flip is part of a cycle of ally-colored transformers, joined by at least Etali () and Ayara (). Any takers for blue and green? Probably safe to say that it'll be still-living characters who have had a mono-colored legendary creature card and are from a plane that's been in Standard-legal set. (I'm hoping for Fblthp, and that he'll be the new main villin in ten years.)
New Elspeth is... not all that exciting, despite afaik being the only in-story preview? And yes, turns out she does have (a fake) Godsend, somehow. Oh and Serra is kind of still around?
Ranke feels like he was written as more red than black ("You can't tell me what to do!"). And Torbran, Thane of Red Fell, by contrast, seemed more white than red in how serious and responsible he was acting.
9 months ago
Hey Licecolony, thanks for the tips! The seals are here because of Heliod, the Radiant Dawn Flip's ETB. More graveyard hate is a good idea, especially because of the wheels. I will look into that. It's just that I can't go and remove all graveyards on a whim, because we need to be the only one shuffling ours back in the library to win. I'll give it some thought.