Creature — Nightmare Beast
Mutate (If you cast this spell for its mutate cost, put it ontop or underneath target non-Human creature you own. They mutate into the creature that is on top and that creature has all the abilities of every card that is underneath it.)
Whenever this creature mutates, return target permanent card from your graveyard to your hand.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Boneyard Lurker Discussion
5 months ago
- Kin-Tree Invocation + Binding the Old Gods - Boneyard Lurker + Infuse with Vitality - Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner + Moritte of the Frost - Incubation / Incongruity + Quandrix Cultivator - Spellheart Chimera + Prismari Command - Final Payment + Humiliate - Zealous Persecution + Killian, Ink Duelist - Kaya, Bane of the Dead + Closing Statement
- Fleshbag Marauder + Brackish Trudge - Blight-Breath Catoblepas + Sheoldred, Whispering One - Audacious Thief + Unwilling Ingredient - Hagra Constrictor + Tergrid, God of Fright Flip - Blood Beckoning + Go Blank - Murder + Poison the Cup - Lazotep Reaver + Umbral Juke - Herald of the Dreadhorde + Feed the Serpent
10 months ago
1 year ago
I might pull Polukranos, Unchained because he kind of goes against what you're trying to do and instead go with something like Clackbridge Troll or Baneslayer Angel. Both would be nice targets for Nethroi, Apex of Death
1 year ago
Version 2.2. Ikoria booster draft best picks. -Jinxed Idol, +Sleeper Dart // -Status / Statue, + Boneyard Lurker // -Silverflame Squire, +Fight as One // -Counsel of the Soratami, +Of One Mind // -Wind Strider, +Archipelagore // -Lost Legion, +Grimdancer // -Vindictive Vampire, +Dirge Bat // -Samut's Sprint, +Heightened Reflexes // -Ferocity of the Wilds, +Spelleater Wolverine // -Charmbreaker Devils, +Everquill Phoenix // -Tishana's Wayfinder, +Ram Through // -Colossal Dreadmaw, +Kogla, the Titan Ape //-Mercurial Geists, +Sprite Dragon.
1 year ago
Firstly. Thank you for your in depth and amazing comment, it's really helped me decide on some cards to add to this deck. I have a big problem with know what cards to remove, if you could help me decide on what to take out for what, that would be super helpful!
As for the hexproof creatures. They make a lot of sense, I really like Silhana Ledgewalker and Elusive Tormentor Flip as the ability to sort of be unblockable or literally be unblockable is amazing. Troll Ascetic is another amazing shout. These 3 are definite add's for this deck. I'm not too sure about Paradise Druid as being tapped to attack could spell an easy removal target depending on board states. Slippery Bogle and Gladecover Scout seem good, but only for the Hexproof. I may give them a try but I may not keep them in the finished product. However, thank you for bringing them to my attention!
I will definitely be obtaining another Wonder for this deck as that seems like a perfect addition. Mask of Memory seems really good for the card draw too, however the Discard clause tends to put me off. I'll definitely play test with it and see how it suits me though.
Boneyard Lurker is in the deck, Alt art too haha. Gemrazer is sadly a card I didn't manage to pull, so i've purchased one. Waiting on it to be delivered, it is an amazing card. Sea-Dasher Octopus was a card I wasn't too sure about adding to the deck, I'll swap it in for a higher cmc Mutate creature though, when I decide which haha.
Yeah, the Mana base needs heavy work, but I tend to leave that until a little later, I would happily accept some help into improving the Mana base! I'm never really sure of how to make a Mana base better personally.
Thank you so much! :)
1 year ago
Hey, you really want hexproof with the creatures you want to mutate too because this protects the creature from removal in response or after mutating. It's pretty risky to chain a bunch of mutate creatures into the pile if the pile doesn't have hexproof. Without hexproof a single Swords to Plowshares by opponent will ruin your game and exile all the creatures in the mutate pile except Otrimi.
Swiftfoot Boots is a helpful equipment with mutate because then any creature can have hexproof before you mutate and keep hexproof for as long as Boots is equipped. When you mutate a creature who's equipped with Boots, Boots will stay on the creature during mutation and after.
- Slippery Bogle
- Gladecover Scout
- Silhana Ledgewalker: if opponent doesn't have a flying creature then the mutated creature can't be blocked by that opponent.
- Paradise Druid: has hexproof as long as it's untapped, good to mutate too while also using it as ramp before you want to mutate.
- Troll Ascetic: also has regeneration which can protect the mutated creature from nontargeted removal that can destroy it such as a board wipe or from legal combat damage. Combination of hexproof and regeneration is powerful projection for the mutated creature.
- Elusive Tormentor Flip: for Insidious Mist, mutate Otrimi with Mist for 6/6 unblockable, hexproof, indestructible, trample that doesn't flip back unless you want it too.
Crystal Shard can be repeatable creature bounce for one blue mana of the mutate pile. This effect lets you mutate the entire pile again, protect all the creatures in the pile from being exiled or destroyed, change which creature is first mutated with Otrimi, etc. Buried Alive and Jarad's Orders can tutor for creature and put into your graveyard. This is good to setup your graveyard to recur a mutate creature when Otrimi does combat damage to an opponent.
Orders can do both, tutor for a creature to mutate too and a put a creature into your graveyard. If Otrimi is part of the mutate pile then the creature will have trample which can make Mask of Memory a repeatable draw two/discard mutate creature/recur mutate creature effect. Wonder is good when you can tutor for it or discard it because giving the mutated creature flying is better evasion than trample. Wonder is good with Buried as one of the three creatures you can tutor for and put into your graveyard.
There's a few of the better budget creatures with mutate that are missing here:
- Sea-Dasher Octopus: mutate at instant speed with flash and for only two mana it's the lowest mutate mana cost, can be another source of repeatable draw when mutated creature has evasion.
- Gemrazer: destroy an artifact or enchantment.
- Boneyard Lurker: recur any permanent.
One of the worst parts of the precon is the manabase, which is not good with 11x Forests and 2x Island ratio. If you would like help with improving the manabase then I offer help in another comment.
Good luck with your deck.
1 year ago
Crossbow Ambush for Geralt's crossbow.
Giant Warthog is a... well a boar.
Ravenous Chupacabra reminds me a lot of the rabid, mangey dogs you find across Velen.
Screeching Harpy is pretty self-explanatory. There are lots of others, but the art on this one is pretty on-point with the Witcher.
Chorts and Fiends kind of look like Baloths and those kinds of beasts in Magic. Nessian Demolok is particularly close, but there's also Baloth Woodcrasher, Blastoderm and Garruk's Companion, among many others.
Werewolves... Take your pick. However very few werewolves in Magic depict them quite like they are in Witcher. They're so gross, painful and deformed in that game, so maybe you can choose some based on that.
1 year ago
Primal Empathy, Brokkos, Apex of Forever, Emergent Ultimatum, Kinnan, Bonder Prodigy, Parcelbeast, Skull Prophet, Titans' Nest, Fiend Artisan, Gyruda, Doom of Depths, Void Beckoner, Grimdancer, Reconnaissance Mission, Shark Typhoon, Barrier Breach, Migration Path, Mythos of Brokkos, Back for More, Boneyard Lurker, Chevill, Bane of Monsters