Please login to comment
>hurr hurr my deck rockz0rz and I don't like criticism
Every option you have is an opportunity for you to leverage your skill as a player against your opponent.
December 15, 2017 11:08 p.m.
Of course, you can Squelch a planeswalker ability.
There are a few examples in modern where Reroute can work against a planesealker. Karn Liberated's plus or minus ability can be used to exile himself or cards from his owner's hand, and Liliana of the Veil's minus and ultimate can target her owner.
December 14, 2017 5:09 p.m.
How would the math deal with cards like Emrakul, the Aeons Torn that essentially costs in decks that can never hardcast it?
December 14, 2017 2:26 p.m.
Here's a few ideas:
December 14, 2017 1:50 p.m.
You can make them Thoughtseize or Inquisition of Kozilek themselves, assuming they don't do it on turn 1 and see what you're up to. Lightning Bolt can kill Monastery Swiftspear. It can be used to counter Cryptic Command (example: counter/draw; make Cryptic target Imp's Mischief, since it's still on the stack while it's resolving. The Cryptic gets countered for lack of target and they don't draw a card).
December 14, 2017 1:44 p.m.
This is interesting...let's math this one up.
Let's assume your deck is unstoppable if the opponent doesn't have sideboard card, and you instantly lose if they draw the sideboard card. You win game 1. Then, they sideboard in 4 copies of the card that kills you.
Let's assume they're going to keep any 5 card mulligan. When they draw 7, they have a 40% chance of having sideboard in opening hand. The other 60% of the time, they mulligan to 6. The odds here are 35%. Otherwise, they'll mulligan to 5. Ultimately, there is a ~75% chance that their opening hand will contain the hate card, and they win.
This math will still hold for game 3. So, the opponent's chance of winning the match is about 56%. You'll lose more than you'll win.
I vote you should make a deck that doesn't instantly die to sideboards.
December 14, 2017 1 p.m.
Tezzeret the Seeker can fetch all your combo pieces.
December 12, 2017 11:14 a.m.
The answer is Preordain.
Serum Visions always draws you a random card.
Preordain draws you a random card, only if the two cards scry are worse than literally anything else.
December 11, 2017 11:19 p.m.
Sure, you could kill the Duskmantle in response to its ability. Once its dead, then the activated ability will resolve, and you will then die if you either lose life or a card goes into your graveyard during that turn.
December 11, 2017 7:11 p.m.
December 11, 2017 1:12 p.m.
And not even one red source to give you the option to cast Entering.
December 11, 2017 1:02 p.m.
December 11, 2017 10:47 a.m.
If I wanted to go all in on Jace's Erasure, I would want to run Teferi's Puzzle Box as my noble. If I did, I would lose the protection that Meishin, the Mind Cage provides. It would be an idea for a different deck, because I'd have to put more protection in the common slots. Interesting idea.
December 10, 2017 6:55 p.m.
Also, here's a planeswalker without an "ultimate" ability:
Legendary Planeswalker -- Kaho
When ~ enters the battlefield, search your library for an instant card with converted mana cost 1 or less.
+1 You may copy a card exiled with ~. If you do, you may cast the copy without paying its mana cost.
-X Search your library for an instant card with converted mana cost X, and exile it.
December 9, 2017 5:54 p.m.
December 9, 2017 4:15 p.m.
I think that planeswalker could keep his abilities, but cost , and be balanced.
December 9, 2017 3:23 p.m.
December 9, 2017 11:21 a.m.
SCORE: 10 | 8 COMMENTS | 668 VIEWS | IN 5 FOLDERS
SCORE: 4 | 549 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
SCORE: 3 | 5 COMMENTS | 356 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
SCORE: 6 | 2 COMMENTS | 781 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
SCORE: 1 | 2 COMMENTS | 130 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
|Avg. deck rating||5.75|
|Favorite formats||Modern, Casual|
|Good Card Suggestions||37|
|Venues||Mad Hatter's House of Games|
|Last activity||2 days|