Creature — Human Wizard
When Manic Scribe enters the battlefield, each opponent puts the top three cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard.
Delirium — At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, if there are four or more card types among cards in your graveyard, that player puts the top three cards of his or her library into his or her grabveyard.
|Want (2)||IAmVytheros , Obsydyn|
Printings View all
|Shadows over Innistrad (SOI)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Manic Scribe occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
Manic Scribe Discussion
1 day ago
Massacar i will be commenting soon i need to check out you deck before i can offer advice but i wanted to repost this before it gets too late. My deck:
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 5 | 5 COMMENTS | 585 VIEWS | IN 2 FOLDERS
ive taken some time to try and harness Chulane's gross bounce manipulation to make it more competitive with more win cons then just milling out to lab maniac. that said the best way ive found so far has been the addition of cards that will mill my opponents to some extent (Hedron Crab, Overwhelmed Apprentice & Manic Scribe) i figure if i dont use it as a main way to win at the very least the disruption to my opponents draws is the most economical way to spice Chulane up a bit. granted this is not beneficial against graveyard play/dredge decks but let me know what you guys/gals think, thanks for looking!!!
5 days ago
Mill is fun! I have some thoughts, though:
- A nice finisher might be Mind Grind, since that can be nice and damaging. You also have Consuming Aberration that can get quite large and quite lethal. (Quite quickly.)
- For the milling strategy, another option could be to go the route with Sphinx's Tutelage, which can add up quickly. I've toyed around with using Tutelage and Folio of Fancies to draw all the cards and empty all the opponents' libraries in record time. This could also be nice in combination with Into the Story; this might be a better route to consider instead of Memory Adept (and especially four copies).
- If you want the milling strategy, better planeswalkers than that Jace are Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver and Ashiok, Dream Render. The former helps you steal opponents' threats, while the latter is straight-up value milling plus exile (which is useful if dredge-like shenanigans are a thing).
- Other useful milling creatures are Minister of Inquiries, Overwhelmed Apprentice, and Manic Scribe, each with a bit of a different niche. (I like the Apprentice, since the bonus scry also sets up your draws.) You can also add Thing in the Ice Flip as a bonus finisher: if you cast four qualifying spells, the Thing flips and lets you re-use your Secretkeepers, Ministers, et al.
1 month ago
Fun idea! As much as I love Startled Awake, 9 mana for 13 mill isn't very efficient - I'd say it's too slow even for pioneer. I think the same is true for traumatize - generally you want your big 5 and 6 mana cards to be good in the late game, but traumatize is the opposite in that it only gets worse the longer the game goes on. The combo with Fraying Sanity is cute, but I'm not sure it's worth relying on - I'd go down to 1 copy of Traumatize if you're going to keep it in at all.
For additions, you could consider Mind Sculpt , Sphinx's Tutelage , Psychic Corrosion , Manic Scribe , Folio of Fancies , and Vantress Gargoyle .
Whatever you decide to do with it, good luck and have fun!
2 months ago
Manic Scribe and Mission Briefing look like good cards for this deck. Mission Briefing over Flood of Recollection , I think. Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver also looks like a solid addition to the deck, but that would also require adding some black mana. However, 4x Drowned Catacomb and 4x Watery Grave should be enough. Mystic Sanctuary also looks like a nice addition, maybe 2x or 3x.
Just some thoughts-- hope these help!
2 months ago
- Ok so for starters your SB (sideboard) is for games after the 1st game, you want cards that help you solve problems in the match up you are against. For example Crypt Incursion is good against decks that want creatures in their graveyard.
- Shelldock Isle is an amazing card
- Fatal Push push is great when you have cards like Arid Mesa . Its one mana kill a dude. In more causel games it doesn't solve with big dudes. Murder is a card I use a lot in casual play just due to the fact it kills anything. Doom Blade is also good, as well as Hero's Downfall . - Visions of Beyond is a 4 of in every competitive mill deck. However, those decks are a lot faster. 1 mana draw a card is like a worse version of blue. If you have issues getting that card's up side cut it for opt.
- Ashiok, Dream Render helps you mill faster so i might consider putting 2 in the main deck.
- Unmoored Ego its a nice card, My only probelm with it is you want them to just deck themselves. Thats 3 mana 4 cards at best. Its not very effective. Mind Funeral mills more, plus its 4 less lands so they wont be able to get land drops as easily which makes casting spells harder.
- Wall of Lost Thoughts helps keep you alive which is always nice.
- Manic Scribe is a great card as well.
- Being its casuel this card is soooooo tilting Consuming Aberration Its so much fun I might even consider running 3. You are a 22-24 land deck which means you should be able to cast it often enough, and when you do it can be game winning.
- Sphinx's Tutelage can also help your deck.
- Traumatize is funny as well. There is a fish that does the same thing i cant rememebr its name.
- Increasing Confusion Reoccurring Nightmare are also fun.
- Another way to approach this deck is cards like Trepanation Blade + Tormented Soul and Paranoid Delusions and Whispering Madness . It can be a fun deck to play with.
2 months ago
- ok So i have a UW version I can share with you Trap Mill
- The UB version is probably better Here is what I would do: 4x Hedron Crab (fetchlands make it to good) and probably 4x Manic Scribe That is it for creatures other than maybe Snapcaster Mage (archeive trap has an alternitive cost so you may pay 0 mana to flash it back).
- 4x Archive Trap Glimpse the Unthinkable Visions of Beyond , 3x Surgical Extraction (Modern loves its graveyard) Fatal Push (every deck needs removal and this helps so much), 1x Crypt Incursion life is nice, and its graveyard hate at instant speed.
- Mesmeric Orb it is symmetric but things in your graveyard isnt the worst. Ensnaring Bridge stops people from attacking you which is amazing
- Search for Azcanta Flip also really helps and flips easy which lets you filter, dont run more than 2
- Field of Ruin helps you its also forced search!
- 6 fetchlands, 2 Watery Grave , 3x Shelldock Isle , 3 basics (more islands), 3x Darkslick Shores
- Other tempting adds: Mission Briefing Murderous Cut Collective Brutality
- I also like Scheming Symmetry
2 months ago
Given no context I found these in under 30 minutes
Izoni, Thousand-Eyed , Hatchery Spider , Mausoleum Secrets , Molderhulk , Alesha, Who Smiles at Death , Apprentice Necromancer , Mindwrack Demon , Manic Scribe , Inexorable Blob , To the Slaughter , Epicenter , Kirtar's Wrath , Putrid Imp , Stitch Together , Shower of Coals , Repentant Vampire , Wayward Angel , Bloodbond March , Blood for Bones , Brawn , Charnelhoard Wurm , Charnel Troll , Circular Logic , Corrupted Grafstone , Corpseweft , Countervailing Winds , Crackling Drake , Crop Sigil , Dance of the Manse , Disciple of the Ring , Tasigur's Cruelty , Tasigur, the Golden Fang , Treasure Cruise , Sibsig Muckdraggers , Rite of Undoing , Empty the Pits , Magmatic Sinkhole , Murderous Cut , Logic Knot , Necropolis Fiend
3 months ago
Hi PastorSinnerxr, thx for liking the deck! Thus far it has been fair to me. Mill can be a tier 1.5 deck if the meta is right and right now I think it has some really good matchups. My worst matchups before sideboarding are: Burn, Vengevine, Hardend scales affinity and other hyper aggro decks. The best matchups are the combo ones like: Urza/sword, Ascendency, Neoform-combo and Amulet Titan. Midrange like Jund or Bant are I guess 60/40 before sideboarding and after 50/50 since their sideboards are stronger. Control is almost a free walk in the park during game 1 since they are mostly focussed on creature removal and not counterspells. After sideboarding it can be a little bit trickier, it really depends on if they run Leyline of Sanctity
A lot of times I wish I had more Crypt Incursion and Set Adrift but with Scheming Symmetry this gets mitigated and there is a copy in the SB for both. It also got a little bit better after the printing of Drown in the Loch .
The deck is a niche strategy and there are a lot of flex slots so feel free to experiment with lists. All the mill cards though are a must ofcourse but there are lists that run Manic Scribe so that's also not set in stone. Search for Azcanta Flip can also be a good card if you have a control heavy meta. It synergises fairly with Mission Briefing and gives you a strong late game.
The reason for not playing Snapcaster Mage is not a budget one. Mission Briefing is strictly better in Mill because it does the same but differently. Snapcaster gives a spell Flashback and because the chosen spell doesn't have a flasback cost it get's the original mana-cost. Because of this Snapcaster is not compatible with Archive Trap , wich is your strongest mill spell. The briefing lets you cast Archive trap for it's alternative cost if the conditions are met, thats why you rather run briefing. The body is also not relevant for the deck since your win-con is milling. Running no "beatsticks" makes Ensnaring Bridge completely "free" in return to.
Lastly I did take a look at your Sweet Symmetry deck and it's an interesting brew for sure. A friend of mine plays a similliar list but without white and it's mainly focussed on picking apart decks. Leaving them without any win-con after removing every treath from hand or board. I would try to fit in Narset, Parter of Veils and/or Ashiok, Dream Render , Teferi, Time Raveler also seems like a proper inclusion. Teferi and Ahsiok seem pretty solid in particular. Collective Brutality is also a powerfull inclusion for your list since it synergises so well with Ensnaring Bridge . It gives you lodes of options and more reasons to play 4 Snapcaster Mage s since you have so many cheap instants. Definitly a cool list and worthwile to tinker with for sure.
Thanks for taking interest and I hope I answered you questions to content, feel free if you have any more.