Creature — Angel
Kicker (White)(White) (You may pay an additional (White)(White) as you play this spell.)
When Desolation Angel enters the battlefield, destroy all lands you control. If the kicker cost was paid, destroy all lands instead.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Desolation Angel Discussion
1 month ago
2 months ago
Is the goal of the deck to be competitive in legacy or casual fun?
Then you will need specific angels for match ups
Iona, Shield of Emeria - shuts down any mono colored deck
Angel of Finality - shuts down graveyard decks
Linvala, Keeper of Silence - shuts down lots of creature decks
Maybe try New card Exquisite Archangel - could be good against burn or tendril/storm decks
This card doesn't see play but I like Angel of Jubilation - shuts down fetch lands, causes shocklands to come into play tapped, and makes phyrexian mana need to be paid.
If this is just casual, here are some other budget angels to consider:
Angel of Despair - ETB destroy permanent
6 months ago
Well, there's Meta for you. I've never played against Zur the Enchanter.
I say this extremely reluctantly, but... have you considered making this a Kaalia deck? (Upside: Really powerful. Downsides: Very expensive, no one lets you keep her on the battlefield.)
Am I reading this right as Angel tribal?
6 months ago
Hey Blackerlotus thanks so much for the feedback! I'm sorry I didn't reply I don't really go on Tappedout that much anymore, so I check it pretty scarcely. Anyways, here's my reasoning for some of the cards I use:
- Spore Frog & Spike Weaver: I use these two as more of a meta-call as they help stifle some very heavily creature based decks that go off earlier than I can set up my board state. At this point Spore Frog is a pet-card of mine so he stays around for novelty alone lol.
- Desolation Angel: This card's in the deck because it's a recurable land wipe that I can abuse with Crucible of Worlds and Exploration, she also counters Rise of the Dark Realms which is in a good deal of mono-black decks that are in my meta. Magister of Worth is a decent card and I might try it out if and when I get my hands on when.
- Animate Dead, Dance of the Dead, & Necromancy: These three actually used to be in the deck because of the synergy you mentioned with Sun Titan, however somewhere along the way I decided that they weren't valuable enough, I'm not quite sure what triggered this thought process, but I've had the deck a while and at this point a lot of the fine-tuning has come down to meta-calls.
- Life from the Loam: Definitely a solid card I will most likely run when I get one, the extra land destruction was a recent edition and it's still be playtested.
- Sensei's Divining Top: I think I'll keep this bad boy, it's not contesting many other turn one drops and it provides extra hand sculpting alongside Sylvan Library that has proven to be quite useful, as unfortunately Karador's color pie doesn't have the strongest card advantage.
Thanks so much for the opinions though! I like your Karador list a lot and made sure to +1 it!
7 months ago
Do you think both Spore Frog, and Spike Weaver are necessary? also perhaps Desolation Angel could be changed with Magister of Worth to get more value out of that slot. Personally if you are running Sun Titan I feel its almost a duty to run the reanimation enchantments Animate Dead, Dance of the Dead, and Necromancy. Along with Karmic Guide, and Saffi Eriksdotter it makes quite a conundrum for your opponents.
Also you are running 2 mass land destruction spells and NOT running Life from the Loam. You might end up screwing yourself out of a game depending on the board state. Crucible of Worlds might not be enough in that case (plus you have to draw it). Sensei's Divining Top seems a tad unnecessary as well in a Karador shell simply because the top cards of your library should most likely be going into your graveyard.
Just some opinions, use em if you like, if the cards youre currently using are working well for you then there is no need for changes.
7 months ago
If you aren't facing Counter magic then that should make your life A LOT easier.
I personally like Strionic Resonator to double up on Kaalia's attack triggers, allowing you to put two creatures into play each attack.
I like to run a Control style Kaalia as it fits with her mana denial. Angelic Arbiter makes your opponents have to decide between casting spells or attacking each turn. Ob Nixilis, Unshackled attempts to deter your opponents from Tutoring.
Reya Dawnbringer fits the theme and adds some reanimation to your deck like you want.
8 months ago
Temur Battle Rage, Balefire Liege, Brutal Hordechief and Iroas, God of Victory feel like powerful cards for this deck. I'd also recommend some land destruction in case of mazes, or Kor Haven. I like Fulminator Mage, Avalanche Riders (for Alesha), Desolation Angel, Dwarven Blastminer, Dwarven Miner, Pillage and Wrecking Ball due to their extra utility. Stone Rain, Icequake, Molten Rain, Rain of Tears, Rancid Earth are more to-the-point.
8 months ago
extra attack phases for zurgo = Assault Suit! Lots of fun times with that one :p Seize the Day could be nice... same as Waves of Aggression... I don't know why you would want to run all the land destruction there is in magic. people enjoy playing the game and not letting anyone have lands never, will just end with you having a lot less friends to play magic in general. Try to balance it out. Besides, your commander is not very cheap either, meaning you will need those lands you blow up. That said, Desolation Giant and Desolation Angel are good guys for your colours :p A nice thing to do with the Sword of Feast and Famine is to hit someone while you have a Hellkite Charger in play! More fun times :p