|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ravnica: City of Guilds (RAV)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Each player chooses three permanents he or she controls, then sacrifices the rest.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Razia's Purification Discussion
1 month ago
Well, in regards to the control-type spells, your first priority is political effects. As in interacting with the players as a player. Vow of Lightning is an easy example of this, but also Racecourse Fury could be a bargaining chip to get others to fight each other. Most recently there's even Frenzied Fugue, which lets you nab anyone's creature, at least for your turn. These type of "forced aggression" and "theft" effects are fairly specific to red (at least when you forget Mind Control and its ilk). That vow card is part of a cycle for good reason though, as white of course has access to numerous Pacifism and Arrest variants, so don't forget those either.
What also isn't unique to red or white, but is certainly prolific in the colors, is land hate. You have access to things like Apocalypse and Razia's Purification to give you some perspective. Now these spells are not aura's, but Destructive Urge is and Custody Battle, when placed on the right creature, might as well be land hate too. You've got Conquer too, but that one's a little high priced mana wise (but it is pretty janky too.
Now as far as the voltron/tokens build, I can say to you the same thing I mentioned to someone else: "the amount of evasion you need is inversely proportional to the amount of removal you intend to play". If you'd going wide with tokens as well as tall from suiting up one creature, it is inherent that you won't play as much removal or need evasion I would think. Really what you need at that point is the recursion and protection effects, because your aggression will demand opponents play their own removal or lose to aggro (which that recursion and protection acts like redundancy for your commander Tiana to boot).
In any case, I would suggest keeping in mind the mana cost of the cards you play, versus the amount of "cheat" spells you have (like Nomad Mythmaker and Replenish). If you want to only cheat out Eldrazi Conscription (or similar cards) then you could build around that, but having the back-up plan to hard cast it with ramp is also a safe bet.
As another small thing, curses are auras too. wink*
3 months ago
Excellent work on the Uril deck! I run one myself and it's a ton of fun. I gotta say, I love the Bear Umbra + Aggravated Assault; need both to keep the juggle going, but good god that's gotta be fun to pull off.
Anyway, here's a few cards you may want to consider!
These are low cmc cards to help get past creatures to trample right through them.
- Asha's Favor
- Gryff's Boon
- Giant Spectacle
- Shield of the Oversoul
- Messenger's Speed
- Mob Mentality
- Imposing Visage
- Primal Frenzy
- Tilonalli's Crown
These I like because they help remove a blocker. Potentially can be chucked considering the amount of evasion and trample, but once and a while someone has something that is worth tapping or preventing from blocking.
NV_1980 had some good suggestions, as did others. I've got some more :)
- Hull Breach
- Destructive Revelry
- Destructive Urge
- Chandra's Ignition, +1
- Razia's Purification, +1
Not sure how you're doing on mana, but it never hurts to get more! Keep in mind utility enchantments help boost Helm of the Gods and others.
Hope some of the suggestions help. Again, cool deck. Hope you have fun smashing people's faces in!
4 months ago
Hey! I love the deck, I'm working on a Licia EDH deck myself and used yours as a basis.
I also like the Razia's Purification for a board wipe, I'd choose Licia, a piece of protection and a land and go to town on my opponents.
I'm worried about removal and replaying her. Do you run into issues getting her out again?
4 months ago
Tempt with Discovery might test well.
Assemble the Legion might be a back-up win-con after Armageddon effects.
Other cards that come to mind:
4 months ago
Uril is awesome and I think you've done a good job on this deck. I have some ideas to make it even better. I am not sure whether you are on a budget; judging from some of the cards you have already chosen I rather doubt it. Anyway, these are some of the cards I think could prove useful:
- Contested Cliffs; use this to take out any annoying creature you want, without having to tap Uril.
- Kessig Wolf Run; to temporarily give Uril +X/+0 and trample, very handy.
- Rogue's Passage; make Uril unblockable. Useful in case your opponents are waiting for him with deathtouch-creatures.
- Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion; to temporarily give Uril double-strike, in case he does not have it already.
- Slayers' Stronghold; boost Uril with vigilance, haste and +2/+0 for ? Fantastic!
- Grand Abolisher; wonderful creature to counteract counter-magic.
- Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist; as long as she can attack, shes an extremely useful creature in a voltron setup.
- Sigarda, Host of Herons; second Tajuru Preserver and a powerful creature too.
- Xenagos, God of Revels; combined with an enchanted Uril, powerful enough to end games.
- Boros Charm; especially the last two abilities of this spell will prove useful in your deck.
- Path to Exile; because a deck without counter spells AND point-removal is bound for trouble.
- Swords to Plowshares; see 2.
- Temur Battle Rage; nice, cheap way to suddenly boost Uril significantly.
- Chandra's Ignition; this can win you the game in lots of cases.
- Open the Armory; great aura-tutor.
- Three Dreams; another great aura tutor.
- Winds of Rath; this card seems made for a deck like this.
- Blessing of the Nephilim; rather cheap way to give Uril +5/+5.
- Daybreak Coronet; not a cheap card to buy, but in this deck its so powerful it's almost insane.
- Dust Corona; cheap to cast, with a nice bonus and a blockers restriction attached.
- Madcap Skills; a bit like Dust Corona, cheap, good bonus and a blockers restriction.
- Sphere of Safety; with so many enchantments on your side, attacking you becomes rather costly.
- Spirit Mantle; cheap way to make Uril unblockable.
Some cards I would remove from your deck to make a little room:
- Angelic Skirmisher; expensive to cast, not worth it considering you are running very few creatures. Uril has cheaper ways available to him to get these bonuses.
- Blazing Archon; extremely expensive to cast, there are much cheaper ways to prevent attacks (see suggested cards).
- Akroma's Memorial; expensive to cast; would be more useful in a deck that contained many (token) creatures.
- Razia's Purification; I would replace this with Winds of Rath.
Hopefully you feel some of this is useful. I wish you lots of fun with this deck; let us know how it plays! Also, I would appreciate some feedback on one of my decks, if you have the time. Thanks!
4 months ago
Razia's Purification might be a sweet resource denial card if you keep Alesha and 2 lands.
Maybe cut Cairns, Ruins, and Springs for 3 more Plains?
6 months ago
A good way to speed up a deck on any kind would be more mana acceleration. I see a depressing lack of signets. I'd also advise you to toss in Sunforger and Mistveil Plains, since you already have Tithe and the makings for a nice package. With Kaalia, herself being white, pulling that dirty trick would be much easier for ya. Adding Orzhov Charm would make it even nastier, by giving you a way to bounce Rakdos and Master. >=3
I'd also recommend Thundermaw Hellkite to tap down potential blockers and Linvala, Keeper of Silence to keep other players from screwing with your strategy. Go for the Throat can go out rather easily for either the charm or Condemn, a card that I feel is horribly neglected. I actually prefer it over Path, because it doesn't give your opponent acceleration. I'd even recommend you take out Path for it, considering what you're going for here.
You could also use more tutors, I think. Vampiric Tutor and Demonic Tutor, at the least. If you go for the forger strategy, I'd also recommend Enlightened Tutor and Reito Lantern as a backup to Mistveil Plains. in the even that someone sees what you're going for an kills the plains. Another potentially hilarious card to try out is Razia's Purification. >=3 If you don't mind hardcasting, Desolation Angel is also an emergency late game option.
Those are just a few of the options I'd recommend you try out.