|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Horizons (MH1)||Common|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Common|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Target creature you control gains protection from the colour of your choice until end of turn.
Draw a card.
2 weeks ago
These are the cards I dont know if follows the aggro strategy (or quick growth) on your deck: Veteran Swordsmith , Veteran Armorsmith , Topan Freeblade , Soldier of the Pantheon , Precinct Captain (sometimes you wont be able to attack for two turns. He is better when you "haste" him), Loyal Cathar Flip (his other form escapes "human tribal", so he doesnt triggers lot of abbilities on the deck), Elite Vanguard , Archetype of Courage (cost 3 is too much, it may leave you without mana for Brave the Elements ).
Some options of cost 1: Hunted Witness , Akrasan Squire , Thraben Inspector and Ardent Recruit which would call for more artifacts and equipments. I think of him because I would use Ratchet Bomb . It is good against midrange enchantments, tokens, cretures and artifacts. And there are God-Pharaoh's Faithful and Novice Knight , they are perfect to be powered with aura and all sort of things (against red decks).
And there are plenty of lands that can help you draw, gives extra mana, enhance your creatures and are way under 3$. I hate to depend on luck, and I hate extra lands in hand, so I would use 20x lands, basic and non basic, plus 4x Secluded Steppe .
3 weeks ago
Pretty much any cantrip cards (ones that cost 1 mana and draw you a card) are always good. Defiant Strike , Expedite , and Crimson Wisps are some of the most popular ones I believe. Then you'll just want other good spells to add like Infuriate , Shelter , Gods Willing , Titan's Strength and other cards that cost small amounts of mana that you can get back every time you cast them with Feather.
And Sunforger is almost a must have in any Boros deck since being able to cast almost any instant speed spell from your deck is crazy good.
2 months ago
Back to working on this deck - updates:
- Cut Shelter - with 4x Silent Clearing and the Viscera Seer I think there's many better cards for this slot
- Moved all Path to Exile to the side board and all the discard to the main. The discard feels more universally useful here for game 1, and ideally we're winning the race before we really need to path anything
- Down to 23 lands to fit Spellskite in the main deck, which hopefully won't come back to bite me...
- Cut Dismember from the side to fit Damping Sphere to maybe have a chance against tron
3 months ago
I hope these help!
3 months ago
3 months ago
Hey, looks good for a first version.
Some card draw options to consider adding:
I consider all these low mana cost instants staples for Feather.
Other cards to consider adding within this deck's budget:
- Command Tower
- Battlefield Forge
- Rugged Prairie
- Mistveil Plains : put instants back into your library and then cast them again with Sunforger.
- Clifftop Retreat
- Inspiring Vantage
- Talisman of Conviction : two drop Boros mana rock.
- Knight of the White Orchid : two drop land ramp who can search for one of Foundry, Mistveil or Plains and put it onto the battlefield.
- Guttersnipe : each time you cast an instant/sorcery this does 2 damage to each opponent; each opponent, that's powerful.
- Open the Armory : tutor for one of Boots, Sunforger, Helm or Sword.
- Seize the Day : extra combat step spell that has interaction with Feather's ability since it targets a creature.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Boros Guildgate
- 5x Mountains
- Lightning Greaves
- Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
- Aurelia, Exemplar of Justice
- Odric, Master Tactician
- Squee, the Immortal
- Truefire Captain
- Astral Steel
- Star of Extinction
- Razia's Purification
Greaves is a good card, but not with Feather because can't equip Feather with it since shroud doesn't allow you to target a creature meaning can't trigger Feather. You have Thought Vessel and Reliquary Tower , both excellent cards for no max hand size, don't also need Spellbook. Good luck with your deck.
4 months ago
I think if you're playing very casual games, Saltskitter could be worth including up to 2x. However, I generally agree with wallisface's assessment. I'm guessing you're already aware of Norin the Wary and consider him too pricey. Norin would definitely be worth playing in this Soul Sisters style build, but would increase the cost quite a bit, as you'd really need good lands to make it consistent enough.
Ordeal of Heliod also comes to mind as a possible fit for this build.
Hope you're playtesting this!!
4 months ago
Im not really sure on the card draw though, do i need one? Shelter kinda does that but i don't think i'll be on a too tough of a spot to need it.
Shelter occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%