Target creature you control gains protection from the colour of your choice until end of turn.
Draw a card.
Printings View all
|Modern Horizons (MH1)||Common|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Common|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
4 months ago
Good job in putting together a viable deck on a budget! I am thinking that a simple and cheap card such as Shelter could be helpful to have Bruna sneak through blockers and/or avoid removal when you swing I assume for lethal commandar damage, plus it replace itself.
Not a fan personally of Opportunity: sure, 4 cards are nice, but 6 CMC is really a lot to spend - it basically 2 Divination sticked together, with the advantage of instant speed being reduced by the need of having 6 mana available. Since your deck focuses on auras, maybe Ophidian Eye to get some value over time?
4 months ago
Hey there, you've got a pretty good thing going on here, especially for a first deck. A lot more cohesive than my first EDH attempt many moons ago, which was a horrible mishmash of netdeck and "super secret tech" that in fact did not work as intended. Your secret sauce of mild pillow fort actually makes sense!
That said, here are a few pointers that should help you smooth out some rough edges:
- You should run all seven one-drop instant speed cantrips. They're just good, no matter your specific Feather game plan. You're missing Heal and Panic. They don't get you an instant card, but they're still good.
- Dowsing Dagger Flip is really good ramp that flips quite easily because Feather has wings, and you can make use of the big mana shot with your red-centric pump quite easily.
- I agree that Scroll of the Masters is very nice for ending people with voltron damage, I ran it until taking it out recently to focus more on the whole storming out angle. This is a bit of a sad truth, but decks tend to work better when you zoom in on an particular angle of attack. In your case, keep an eye on how the cast payoffs work. You run quite few rocks, so you won't have obscene mana to keep a crazy number of spells in constant circulation. The token guys are still gonna be good for gumming, but the various Guttersnipe variants might end up lacking. I expect Aetherflux Reservoir in particular to do little for you.
- Some voltron stuff I always thought could be good is O-Naginata and Leering Emblem.
- Emerge Unscathed does nothing for you as you don't care about its rebound. You should have enough repeatable protection stuff to not care about Deflecting Swat. Sheltering Light is nice as it's a form of protection while scrying for 1 mana. Faith's Shield is like a second Apostle's Blessing in that it can also protect a non-creature in a pinch. Not sure how vital that will be for you. My personal protection suite is the one-drop insta-flickers (Cloudshift, Ephemerate), two-drop EOT-flickers (Liberate, Long Road Home, Otherworldly Journey), a few colour protection options (Gods Willing, Apostle's Blessing, Faith's Shield, Shelter) and a bit of indestructibility (Ajani's Presence, Ephemeral Shields, Sheltering Light).
9 months ago
Love the deck! (upvoted :D) A couple suggestions:
One land (maybe a Plains?) for Deserted Temple (to combo with Nykthos)
You might also want to take out a few of your 5+cmc cards and run a few protection effects to protect your board state. My fav are: Benevolent Bodyguard Brave the Elements Emerge Unscathed Teferi's Protection Shelter Selfless Spirit .
10 months ago
Since you don't have any trample-esque effects, I would recommend loking at white's many protection options to help close games out:
Perhaps a few Inkmoth Nexus 's for some flying infect.
you also have the new Winds of Abandon to clear the board for lethal.
11 months ago
These are the cards I dont know if follows the aggro strategy (or quick growth) on your deck: Veteran Swordsmith , Veteran Armorsmith , Topan Freeblade , Soldier of the Pantheon , Precinct Captain (sometimes you wont be able to attack for two turns. He is better when you "haste" him), Loyal Cathar Flip (his other form escapes "human tribal", so he doesnt triggers lot of abbilities on the deck), Elite Vanguard , Archetype of Courage (cost 3 is too much, it may leave you without mana for Brave the Elements ).
Some options of cost 1: Hunted Witness , Akrasan Squire , Thraben Inspector and Ardent Recruit which would call for more artifacts and equipments. I think of him because I would use Ratchet Bomb . It is good against midrange enchantments, tokens, cretures and artifacts. And there are God-Pharaoh's Faithful and Novice Knight , they are perfect to be powered with aura and all sort of things (against red decks).
And there are plenty of lands that can help you draw, gives extra mana, enhance your creatures and are way under 3$. I hate to depend on luck, and I hate extra lands in hand, so I would use 20x lands, basic and non basic, plus 4x Secluded Steppe .
11 months ago
Pretty much any cantrip cards (ones that cost 1 mana and draw you a card) are always good. Defiant Strike , Expedite , and Crimson Wisps are some of the most popular ones I believe. Then you'll just want other good spells to add like Infuriate , Shelter , Gods Willing , Titan's Strength and other cards that cost small amounts of mana that you can get back every time you cast them with Feather.
And Sunforger is almost a must have in any Boros deck since being able to cast almost any instant speed spell from your deck is crazy good.
1 year ago
Back to working on this deck - updates:
- Cut Shelter - with 4x Silent Clearing and the Viscera Seer I think there's many better cards for this slot
- Moved all Path to Exile to the side board and all the discard to the main. The discard feels more universally useful here for game 1, and ideally we're winning the race before we really need to path anything
- Down to 23 lands to fit Spellskite in the main deck, which hopefully won't come back to bite me...
- Cut Dismember from the side to fit Damping Sphere to maybe have a chance against tron
1 year ago
I hope these help!