Creature — Horror
Other black creatures you control get +1/+1.
Other green creatures you control get +1/+1.
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may put a 1/1 black and green Worm creature token onto the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$2.75||$6.75||$12.99||$16.14||0.02 TIX||0.33 TIX|
|Have (19)||ShadowWesley77 , CastleSiege , MADMatt7777 , dmaxskin , Tiddilywinkus , The_Gaga_Gecko , Dark_Shadow , Nixin72 , jhTheMan99 , jecder , EnragedAtlas , ironax , IKEYMAN , meecht , kaboomeow , joecartoon96 , Slatibartfast , army88strong , slemulv|
|Want (4)||PTsmitty , OcelotProblems , dspot4lyf , obsydian|
Creakwood Liege Discussion
13 hours ago
4 days ago
1 week ago
If it's within your budget, Craterhoof Behemoth is a good win con.
You need either more land search/ramp in here.
Also Skullmulcher is awesome for draw power.
Hope that helps some
3 weeks ago
Thanks a lot for posting those results. Bad luck, but I think you had some fluke-y results that will drop in your favor next time.
I'd be surprised if Bloom Titan could repeat that.
Tough one on the Melira Combo, I imagine any build with 3-4 Finks will be rough, but I think long-term that matchup is even or better. I've been running 1 MB wurm harvest and sideboarding 2X Creakwood Liege and 2X Zombie Infestation for persistent creature matchups (plus Firespout for flyers) . I probably want to ditch the Liege, but the Infestation and Harvest work really well if you want to consider a more transformative sideboard.
In any case, playing slowly Game 2 is a dick move, but it does happen. And in the case of grindy Loam decks, I'm not saying you should do it after a game 1 win, but there's often good reason to set up for a conservative, defensive posture in game 2, regardless of speed of play. My deck is arguably more grindy than yours, so I've definitely prioritized hand destruction game 2 and ridden it out (though I try not to eat the clock artificially). I think playing for a draw strategically is totally acceptable, but actual time-wasting is bunk.
Really glad to hear you beat Infect handily.
1 month ago
- I recommend thinning it to 60 cards. It's gonna be hard, but much more consistent.
- With a rather high average cmc, you need mana rocks. I would add 4 Elves of Deep Shadow and two Elvish Mystic, or 3 and 3.
- Where is Satyr Wayfinder?????
- I feel like Deadbridge Goliath is sort of a dead card. It is a 5/5 scavenge, but it does not perform up to our standards. I would cut it.
- Cremate is good, but also does not quite do what we want. I would cut that.
- While Vraska the Unseen is a powerful card, she does not contribute to our theme of the graveyard, and should probably get cut.
- Sisters of Stone Death is another powerful card, but once again just doesn't do enough for our theme. It should get chopped.
- I think the scavenge theme is a good idea, but I don't quite see it working as well as we want. Feel free to keep trying, but I would drop both the Corpsejack Menace and the Varolz, the Scar-Striped Entirely.
- Drop Creakwood Liege. Same reasoning as Vraska.
- Now that we have other mana rocks, Deathrite Shaman isn't needed. That will be easier on your wallet.
- I like Dreg Mangler. I really do. But I think that your 3-drop slot should have some Nyx Weaver. Drop all the Mangler and add 2x Nyx Weaver. This also helps get you towards your 60 card deck goal.
- Spiritmonger isn't bad. I'm curious to see how it works for you. Regardless, it makes it easier on our curve if we drop some. I'd go down to two.
- In order to be running a 60 card deck, I think you want closer to 22 lands. I'd go -6 swamp and -6 forest, then add Jungle Hollow instead of Golgari Guildgate.
- With the flashback on Gnaw to the Bone, we shouldn't be too worried about drawing it, as long as it hits our graveyard somehow. I'd play just one copy.
- Mulch can be replaced with Satyr Wayfinder. The Satyr puts more in the bin for us and still nets us a land.
- I'd go up one copy of Deadbridge Chant. It's a good card.
1 month ago
(People are going to try to attack on their turn w Karona, then wrath so nobody else can attack w her)
With the gods, people mentioned cards like the Liege's: Deathbringer Liege, Murkfiend Liege, Creakwood Liege, etc. I'd also suggest looking at a few of the following to activate the gods as well: Vexing Shusher, Deus of Calamity, Ghastlord of Fugue, Oversoul of Dusk, Dominus of Fealty, Divinity of Pride, etc
Each of the previously mentioned cmc creatures can individually activate 9 gods.
Example: Deity of Scars alone will make Athreos, God of Passage, Erebos, God of the Dead, Karametra, God of Harvests, Kruphix, God of Horizons, Mogis, God of Slaughter, Nylea, God of the Hunt, Pharika, God of Affliction, Phenax, God of Deception, Xenagos, God of Revels all become creatures!
Well that was a very very long comment to type with a phone lol. Please check out my decks and tell me what you think!
1 month ago
Also, if you really wanna pimp out the deck (though it might be at the expense of your casual group), Creakwood Liege is probably one of the best 4 drops you can play (I like it more than Demonlord of Ashmouth personally; I don't like saccing creatures, especially not twice). It makes your entire team a huge threat, creates 3/3's every turn, and stacks in multiples very well. I think the TCG price is a bit off too; my store sells them for $1.50 each.
I definitely do think that a 1-mana deathtoucher is better than Rakdos Cackler in your deck. Cackler is great in an aggro shell, but is terrible at stalling since it can't block, and creates no value from dying unlike your other creatures. Your deck can likely out-grind many others when the game goes long, and so something like Pharika's Chosen can easily clog up the ground for a few turns and buy you a lot of time.
1 month ago
Looking for new Nissa and Liliana. My binder's not even close to up to date, but I have:
Message me or reply here if you're interested- I can also go try to find other things if there's something else you're interested in.
|Power / Toughness||2/2|
Not legal in any format
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition||Rare|