|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Horror
Other black creatures you control get +1/+1.
Other green creatures you control get +1/+1.
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may put a 1/1 black and green Worm creature token onto the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (23)||ironax , Yawkcorb , jwitzleben , angesoir , Razulghul , , DaZlInG , Melmo , mziter501 , mycheze , Sav547 , ChrisH , Swamy , , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Skulldrey , Riku580 , LeroyJones , Joblaska , Mortiferus_Rosa , Lindough , Friedrice24 , snackeater|
|Want (38)||dansface , fireborne1986 , Mikitta , LotusPhi , TyDyMiler , sneferie , spentbullets , Mousemke , TheRedDeath , Eratosthenes , Talonisnthavingit , TristanmanDfsj , Gryffix , Reverie42 , skimask38 , Ziegenratte , Turtlelover73 , adb_slayer , Dk1997 , Loading_Error , pieguy744 , booyah007 , TheMadRocketeer , lastkingofdenmark , OnundThorfin , ohadi1 , rco , FNG , El_Travio , Rocketboi , Animale , Lythia , chaosof99 , spacemonaut , Portwood , gorrgon , buildingadeck , TheGoonSyndicate|
Creakwood Liege Discussion
3 days ago
However if that is not enough- which I'll assume it's not- Artifact Mutation is freaking delicious. Bitterblossom is a staple. Creakwood Liege also pumps the majority of your deck. Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast is also decent removal and his ult is insane. Descent of the Dragons could be an alternate wincon. Dragonlair Spider looks like garbage but can get out of hand in a hurry. Druid's Call is honestly insane, it's a great deterrent for blockers. Elemental Mastery is the best. Feral Incarnation, because it has convoke, is not so bad either. Necrogenesis is classic. Ogre Slumlord is a baller and a great rattlesnake. Plague of Vermin is a really nice way to put some damage in on your opponents, especially if the political atmosphere is good. Rampaging Baloths is craaazy. Sprouting Thrinax has served me well. Sylvan Offering can make some friends AND some tokens. Verdant Embrace and Verdant Force are good. Wolfcaller's Howl is good I think?
1 week ago
Il tuo mazzo necessita di un buon pacchetto di removal per far morire quante più creature possibili, in modo da rendere Kresh grosso, ed allo stesso tempo ti servono cose che diano evasion a kresh per fare in modo che riesca a colpire. Farò suggerimenti su cambi funzionali e cambi di budget, sia in più economico che in più costoso.
- Anger -> Fires of Yavimaya perché costano di meno in mana, soldi e sono più affidabili (senza contare quel +2/+2 che può sempre tornare utile). Sulla stessa linea c'è Fervor, Mass Hysteria e Concordant Crossroads (quest'ultima balza, but still).
- Wood Elves -> Diligent Farmhand perché gli elfi in un mazzo tre colori possono essere un fattore limitante. Il secondo ti prende qualsiasi terra.
- Farhaven Elf -> Kodama's Reach perché è più forte, per lo stesso mana. La differenza è non avere poi una creatura in campo da eventualmente sacrificare.
- Ghave, Guru of Spores -> Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest devi metterlo assolutamente. Punto.
- Golgari Findbroker -> Plaguecrafter perché 1/5 del tuo mazzo è costituito di carte non permanent. Va benissimo la cosa, ma rende meno utile lui.
- Omnath, Locus of Rage -> Slum Reaper/Barter in Blood perché hai bisogno di effetti che facciano sacrificare e conseguentemente crescere Kresh.
- Shriekmaw -> Ravenous Chupacabra perché non ha le limitazioni del primo. Non ha evoke, ma in teoria non dovresti aver bisogno di evoke per poter sacrificare le tue creature.
- Terastodon -> Mitotic Slime perché Kresh cresce se muoiono creature, mentre il Terastodon distrugge permanenti non creatura. In più, ti serve avere delle cose da sacrificare che non siano Kresh.
- Wasitora, Nekoru Queen -> Creakwood Liege/ perché è più affidabile e da +2/+2 a Kresh. Anche Sylvan Offering/Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder sono interessanti. Hai bisogno di tanti token da poter sacrificare.
- Yavimaya Elder -> Smothering Abomination/Deathreap Ritual/Dragon Appeasement/Fecundity sono più forti per pescare. Anche perché l'anziano non rampa, bensì ti mette solo due terre base in mano.
- Rakdos Charm non fa nulla di utile, a parte eventualmente spaccare un artefatto, ma per quello è meglio Shattering Spree oppure Vandalblast. Se vuoi esiliare i cimiteri c'è Bojuka Bog.
Attrition -> Dictate of Erebos/Grave Pact costano uguale in soldi, ma li valgono tutti, a differenza di Attrition. Darksteel Axe -> Darksteel Plate sempre di qualità darksteel, ma meglio. Se ti piace indestructible, potrebe piacerti anche Shield of Kaldra e Hammer of Nazahn.
Valuta di trovare un posto per carte che diano colpo sicuro a Kresh, come:
Valuta di inserire qualche sacrifice outlet come (nella sezione terre ce ne sono altre molto forti):
Nella sezione terre ti consiglio:
- Golgari Rot Farm -> Tainted Peak perché le karoo fanno schifo e le tainted sono fortissime.
- Golgari Guildgate -> Mosswort Bridge senza discussioni, il gate è lento e tu hai tanto ramp, quindi ti servono terre base. Trova un posto anche per Spinerock Knoll.
- Ti consiglio assolutamente di mettere o almeno valutare:
- Myriad Landscape e Blighted Woodland come ramp.
- Cinder Glade/Smoldering Marsh/Canyon Slough/Sheltered Thicket (che possono essere prese da Jund Panorama, ad esempio).
- Foreboding Ruins e Game Trail (che entrano entrambe stappate se in mano hai una Misty Eye of the Mountain below)
- Flamekin Village ed Hanweir Battlements per dare haste a Kresh.
- Grim Backwoods/High Market/Keldon Necropolis sono sacrifice outlet sulle terre (praticamente indistruttibili).
- Kessig Wolf Run, Skarrg, the Rage Pits, Khalni Garden possono tornare utili.
Se con queste sostituzioni nella mana base finisci per avere più di quattro terre che producono , valuta di inserire al posto di una creatura ramp la Chromatic Lantern, che è stata ristampata da poco ed è scesa.
2 weeks ago
Basically for the purposes of EDH/Commander deckbuilding, it doesn't matter if you're only going to play a card using a certain color, or only half of a split card, or whatever. If you want to include cards like Far / Away, Archangel Avacyn Flip, Shaman of the Great Hunt, General Tazri, or Creakwood Liege in a deck, you need to care about its color identity. Each of these cards has a color identity that is a sum of all its parts, not just what is in its casting cost.
Far / Away is UB, so you can't run it in a mono-blue Commander deck just because you aren't planning to ever play Away. Archangel Avacyn Flip is RW because you count the back side of the card in the color, so it can't go in GW decks. Creakwood Liege is still GB, even though you could cast it with just one of those colors, so it can't go in your Gruul deck. General Tazri is five-color, so you need a five-color deck. And your Shaman of the Great Hunt needs a Temur deck (or more) to work.
Limitations like this make deckbuilding interesting and a challenge. Of course, there are always the people who just find the cheapest five-color commander they can just so they can avoid the color identity problem and end up playing 99-card singleton instead of actual EDH.
Of course, your particular group is always welcome to houserule it so that you could run Shaman of the Great Hunt in your deck.
The reason Extort is exempt from the color identity is because the mana symbol only shows up in reminder text, and reminder text isn't always guaranteed to be printed on the card--see Air Elemental (M19) versus Air Elemental (Ixalan).
1 month ago
Have you considered Tendershoot Dryad over the Creakwood Liege, getting 1 token a turn compared to every upkeep felt very lackluster. Other than that its cool to see another Prossh deck that doesn't rely foodchain! Check my list out if you want too see some other cool cards to run.
1 month ago
Creature - Boar
Protection from blue.
Whenever Silvertusk Boar attacks, you may discard a card at random from your hand into your graveyard. If you do, Silvertusk Boar can not be blocked this turn.
Spells and spears seem to bounce right off it's hide.
Hope I did the challenge justice. I personally think this is a pretty cool Boar. I'd run it, especially in Madness decks. Probably just 2x because of the cost, but still. Free discard outlet and 4 damage? Nice.
I'm super happy because I got a Bundle of Guilds and pulled a Sacred Foundry, Vraska, Golgari Queen, Chamber Sentry, 2x Venerated Loxodon, 2x Ritual of Soot (Got a Golgari toolkit thingy, too), Runaway Steam-Kin, Izoni, Thousand-Eyed, Light of the Legion, Dimir Guildgate, * Emmara, Soul of the Accord. (Card's are "meh" cost-wise but I love to play with under-impressive cards and get them to work, so I'm happy.)
So I kinda want to tinker around a bit and see if I can work up some Abzan jank. Haven't tried that for a while. I'm also super stoked that we got 2x new Gorgon creatures: Arisen Gorgon in 2019 and Pitiless Gorgon in Guilds. Between those, Assassin's Trophy and Fatal Push I think I can finally build my long-awaited Modern Gorgon Tribal!! :D That's been a deck on my radar for years now but it's always had way too high of a CMC to pull off. I think I can finally nail it down. And with Vraska, Golgari Queen having a super low casting cost, I can run it with her. Tons and tons of mass removal with a decent slew of cheaper Gorgons buffed by Metallic Mimic & Adaptive Automaton & maybe 1 or 2 Creakwood Liege with probably 1x Pharika, God of Affliction for duds in my Graveyard. Idk just yet.
GORGON TRIBAL BABY!!
- "That's great and all TypicalTimmy, but what's your F-ing challenge?!?"
Let's go back to Tarkir (My most beloved Plane!) and go Abzan (Since those colors are on my mind). I'd like to see a functional Abzan Gorgon Hydra! Yup! What a design! Hehehe have fun!
1 month ago
All: Mirrorpool Sea Gate Wreckage Worn Powerstone Mind Stone Hedron Archive Rogue's Passage Ashnod's Altar Swiftfoot Boots Blue: Insidious Will Neurok Stealthsuit Kefnet's Monument Green: Zendikar Resurgent Manglehorn Rhonas's Monument Red: Word of Seizing Mana Geyser Hazoret's Monument White: Oketra's Monument Black: Bontu's Monument Razaketh's Rite Green/Black: Creakwood Liege Golgari Signet Green/Blue: Murkfiend Liege Simic Signet Green/White: Dromoka's Command Selesnya Signet Red/Green: Decimate Gruul Signet Red/Blue: Izzet Signet
3 months ago
You can go down 1 or 2 Courser of Kruphix, since you don't get anything extra out of having multiples in play (ok, a bit of life gain, but that's it). Perhaps a Creakwood Liege could be an interesting and unusual addition in place of one of them?
You could really use some fetchlands. Coursers like you to shuffle, fetches trigger landfall, and so on.
4 months ago
Hey there! Thank you for commenting and upvoting the deck! Hythonia seems to expensive for my taste mana wise for just a board wipe like that.
Also I actually used to run Creakwood Liege in the deck but never felt like I was getting much use out of them. But it has been a while so I will start testing with them again.
Thankfully someone agrees with me about Meren!
I have seriously looked at Muldrotha and to be quite frank: she is incredible in so many ways. But I really like what I have going on here so for now I will keep Meren as the helms-woman of this deck for a few reasons, not the least of which is the mana base concern haha
Lastly I did not realize that Intent had dropped that much in price! I knew about the reprint but not how cheap it was. I will have to seriously think about dropping Birthing Pod now because I love Intent and Pod is becoming too expensive anyways like I mentioned in a previous comment. Thanks again for taking the time to comment and upvote the deck!!!