Tymaret, Chosen from Death
Legendary Enchantment Creature — Demigod
Tymaret's toughness is equal to your devotion to black. (Each in the mana costs of permanents you control counts toward your devotion to black.)
: Exile up to two target cards from graveyards. You gain 1 life for each creature card exiled this way.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Tymaret, Chosen from Death occurrence in decks from the last year
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Tymaret, Chosen from Death Discussion
3 days ago
1 month ago
Metroid_Hybrid, no I just meant that with no other artifacts in my deck that Lashwrithe would draw every bit of artifact hate they had. What, exactly, are the benefits of a 'living weapon'? I read the card but I don't get it.
Btw, been looking for Tymaret, Chosen from Death and finally found it. Trying to decide if I want one or two, but it helps my turn two options.
1 month ago
Nice deck with very good results in Arena. I've reached twice diamond with it although I made a little adjustments. I traded the 2x Agadeem's Awakening Flip and 1x Tymaret, Chosen from Death for 3x Feed the Swarm to get rid of those pesky enchantments and it works wonders.
2 months ago
Agadeem's Awakening Flip just doesn't seem to work here - too much cost for too little effect. Village Rites confuses me. Even with casting from the grave, you don't have enough creatures to then go and sacrifice them.
Cards that I would like to see in a build like this include Unexpected Fangs (which would be rather useful if repeatedly cast from the grave), Malakir Rebirth Flip to replace Agadeem's Awakening Flip and Tymaret, Chosen from Death for some late-game muscle.
4 months ago
Ugh I want this to be a deck so bad. I'm guessing you'll need some GY interaction to deal with Uro and Kroxa and any other goodies you might mill. Probably Tymaret, Chosen from Death is the best option? After he's on the ground, you have instant-speed interaction or you can hold up a flash dude. Otherwise, the best alternative is probably Cling to Dust.
4 months ago
Soul Shatter is 100% getting added when it's released... mainly because it has fantastic art... but also, it's impossible for it to brick on a token, compared to Liliana's Triumph. Check out Feed the Swarm from Zendikar Rising, some targeted Enchantment/Creature removal in Mono-Black, it's a Sorcery, but hey, you take what you can get!
Blast Zone looks really good! I don't know how I missed it, maybe I thought it was a Ratchet Bomb effect, taking too long to get online, but with the ability to charge and detonate it in a couple of turns is great.
Oubliette Is really cool, but my meta has loads of Artifact/Enchantment removal, so i'd rather kill a commander to increase its tax.
Nevinyrral's Disk Looks like a good board wipe that doubles as Artifact/Enchantment removal. It's a bit expensive for me, but it does enough that I can probably justify it. I might swap Deathbringer Regent for it as they fit a similar slot in my deck.
Mind Twist and Syphon Mind look cool, but when i'm up against decks that want their graveyard filled, it might be too much of a risk. Along those lines, Tymaret, Chosen from Death has really over performed in my meta. The lifegain is incidental, but being able to clear graveyards of problematic cards repeatably is fantastic, especially on a cheap creature that often has 6+ toughness, so is a good blocker
I do really like Read the Bones, and extra cheap card draw might help compensate for my low land count. It's a shame it's not an Instant, but I might try swapping it out for Ashling, the Extinguisher for a while!
I'll keep an eye on Agent of the Fates and Memorial to Folly, they have seemed ok in the games i've run them, especially Agent of the Fates, which won me a game by itself last night but ill see how they would compare to an Edict spell or basic Swamp when I draw them from now on!
4 months ago
If you'd like some inspiration for your list, I have 2 Orzhov lists you can look at that I like. This one is more in tune with what you're looking to do, this other one is more based discouraging the opponent from doing anything by playing cards that make them lose life for interactions. Might be worth checking out!
- Baneslayer Angel (Good in a vacuum, not great for what this list wants to do. A touch too slow.)
- Tymaret, Chosen from Death (Too cute. Functionally he doesn't bring you closer to your Vito win-con, and his ability isn't really what you'd want to be spending mana on to do so.)
- Ill-Gotten Inheritance (I see what you're going for here, but it also feels too cute. It's not bad, just not fantastic either.
- Basri Ket (He's just making bad cards better. He's unnecessary for your Vito win-con.)
- Evolving Wilds (This can easily be swapped for Fabled Passage, does the same thing but can have lands enter untapped.)
- Radiant Fountain (You're not going to be finding this on the draw, and doesn't really help you otherwise. Might as well swap that for another Swamp)
- Scoured Barrens and Temple of Silence (All for these, but for the amount of 1-3 drop creatures you're looking to play, it would seem like you're going to be running into some mana issues. Would absolutely put in some Godless Shrine for this list since you can just heal back the damage it deals anyhow)
- Griffin Aerie (Another cute card. I get what you're going for with it, but I don't know how well it helps you get into your Vito win-con.)
- Light of Hope (Feels a bit niche. Not quite cute, just niche. There's likely better cards than this.)
As a general note, decent cards that make bad cards better aren't the answer. Look at how your win condition is typically met, and find more direct and impactful ways to influence it.
Cards You Got Right
- Vito, Thorn of the Dusk Rose (Duh)
- Heliod, Sun-Crowned (Definitely works in your favor, just gotta watch out for your devotion.)
- Mangara, the Diplomat (Interesting card, definitely can serve as a nice draw engine against aggro decks)
- Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord (He's great utility, and 100% sets you up to get a bunch of Vito triggers)
- Healer's Hawk (Staple lifegain creature, is super easy to get down and make use out of)
- Heartless Act or Eliminate (Could be a replacement for Mortify, as both are cheaper and have a little more use)
- Fabled Passage (See above for Evolving Wilds)
- Godless Shrine (See above for Scoured Barrens and Temple of Silence)
- Rhox Faithmender (A nice addition to the list, makes the Vito triggers hit even harder)
- Ajani, Strength of the Pride (Nice way to gain life, and he can easily sweep the board if he needs to)
- Ajani's Pridemate and/or Bloodthirsty Aerialist (Plays into that 'Whenever you gain life, put a 1/1 on a creature' thing you seem to like)
6 months ago
I might build it but it will be 5-color with Kenrith, the Returned King and some black and white activated abilities in
for 10 examples