|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
(White), Sacrifice an enchantment: Destroy target enchantment.
(3)(Blue)(Blue): Counter target enchantment spell.
Teferi's Care Discussion
1 year ago
2 years ago
3 years ago
Okay so this deck list is going 1000 different ways at once which from my perspective is fairly difficult to manage within esper. Basically the three major paths you can go down are the artifact decks such as Sen Triplets and Sharuum the Hegemon, Enchantment decks such as Zur the Enchanter and finally life gain decks based around Oloro, Ageless Ascetic. While other esper decks exist I wouldn't suggest going super obscure with your first EDH deck. Since you've chosen Oloro, Ageless Ascetic as your commander and based on your description of the deck I'm going to assume you are just wanting to go the life gain route but always remember you have the option of going chair tribal. If you do choose to go the life gain route, I would suggest cutting cards that don't necessarily benefit your goals. A prime example of this is Library of Leng you really don't have enough card draw to warrant running 4 no maximum hand size cards, unless you are running carddraw.deck you are typically fine with just a Reliquary Tower and a Thought Vessel. Another example is that you don't need 8 wrath effects, I'd recommend running around 4.Since a few other people preferred I do it this way, here is basically a laundry list of everything I'd recommend taking out. :Acquire Bident of Thassa Chalice of Life Flip Elixir of Immortality Etherwrought Page Greater Auramancy Righteous Aura Spinal Embrace Sun Droplet Zur's Weirding Syphon Mind Underworld Connections Teferi's Care Web of InertiaLibrary of Leng Venser's Journal Children of Korlis Fleshbag Marauder Royal Assassin Dromar's Charm Repay in Kind Lethal Vapors Season of the Witch. Most of the removal you are running is fine just keep in mind things like Doom Blade have straight upgrades in EDH. Lastly Run Phyrexian Metamorph instead of Cryptoplasm it's a straight upgreade. In terms of looking for strong cards to put into your deck I'd suggest going to http://edhrec.com/ because it compiles all of the EDH decks on tappedout and tells you what most decks typically run. I'd also recommend running a copy of Aura Thief since you have Enchanted Evening.Finally I'll leave you with what I hear just about every time I go to my local shop to play EDH, Rhystic Study wins games.PS. Don't use Damnable Pact on an opponent... you aren't playing Nekusar, the Mindrazer
3 years ago
Thank you for the feedback :)
@UmbrotheUmbreon while Omniscience looks great on paper, I would only ever get to play it when Academy Rector dies. Most other times it is a dead card, and it won't do me that much good in play. I'd rather find room for Enduring Ideal, Dovescape, Aura Thief or Opalescence or another tutor, say Imperial Seal (since this deck already broke my bank account).
Good point Mr. daniel.goldberg.98. Though Aura Thief and Opalescence are mentioned in the 'Notable omissions' section of the primer... and Teferi's Care is already in the deck. I'll update 'Notable Omissions' with some of the cards I am considering (Dovescape & Enduring Ideal).
More play testing is needed before I start foiling out the deck ;)
3 years ago
With that you can steal every permanent, which is GG.
3 years ago
Both Chromatic Lantern and Celestial Dawn would help aginst Blood Moon as well as help me fixing for some of the more outrageous chrono chards like Necropotence. Drawbacks of Celestial Dawn is very very minor in this deck (Hurts Muddle the Mixture transmute and Teferi's Care's counter ability), so I'll see if I can find room for them.
I still can't decide on Enduring Ideal... If I don't add a set of counters it will be really good with the remaining cards, but if I do add a bunch of counters it would be a shame to be unable to use them.
3 years ago
Thank you for the feedback.
- Good suggestins, but I'm struggling with the fixation and I don't have room for Expedition Map so I won't be adding Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx. I'm not running enough swamps to add Cabal Coffers and Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth without Expedition Map is just not consistent enough.
- Yeah. Reverence is out!
- Reverence --> In the Eye of Chaos: Eye is just bat s*** crazy!
- Descent into Madness --> Teferi's Care: This was the least synergestic card I could find. I'm not happy to let Descent into Madness go, but given how often I'll tutor Enchanted Evening then Teferi's Care will be very powerful with the current build!
- More consistent and slightly lowers CMC and improves tutorbility with Muddle the Mixture
3 years ago
Thank you for the suggestions!
- Cloud Cover is nice. I'll see if I can find some synergi with my current lineup.
- Reparations is also pretty good, but I don't think it will work in this deck, since I have so few creatures, and I'd prefer Leyline of Sanctity over it for personal protection.
- Spreading Plague is awesome, but I was unable to find room for it. I'll reconsider.
I am considering the following changes - thoughts?
- Descent into Madness --> In the Eye of Chaos: DIM's synergy with the rest of the deck is not that impressive, since people will be holding a lot of cards, if I have it my way. In the Eye of Chaos will provide much more value.
- Something (Maybe Reverence?) --> Teferi's Care: Reverence seems a bit too redundant (lots of tax and other attack blockers) and it sort of depends on Humility to really work. TC is OK on it's own, but really shines with Enchanted Evening.
No data for this card yet.