|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Zombie Jackal
When Miasmic Mummy enters the battlefield, each player discards a card.
Miasmic Mummy Discussion
3 weeks ago
Check out the mana base. They have alot of articles for 20-40$ commanders. A few I remember were Selenia, Dark Angel , Shu Yun, the Silent Tempest , and Edric, Spymaster of Trest . As for a suggestion of my own Alesha, Who Smiles at Death can be relatively cheap, and if you want annoying make it a "everybody discard/sacrifice" deck with things like Miasmic Mummy and Fleshbag Marauder types.
7 months ago
If you intend to keep counterspells in your deck, i would strongly advocate against any discards effects, that make both you and your enemy discard a card.
If you want to counter stuff you need those cards in hand, not to mention that cards like Miasmic Mummy are playable if they have really great bodies to make it worth the effect, or you have some way to get "value" out of discarding, like Waste Not, or The Rack.
7 months ago
7 months ago
astro2 u got me thinking and i moved things around to get three more creatures that will kill a 0/2 reliably. Dread Wanderer sucks but the synergy with Sudden Spoiling is worth it for these changes. Miasmic Mummy is also a darn good card when you can discard any creature except Relentless Dead.
9 months ago
I haven't played Standard in well over a year, but I'll do my best:
- If you're concerned with Approach, more hand disruption might help, as well as more early plays to get some extra damage in. 1-2 copies of Unburden could be useful, and Miasmic Mummy pulls double duty
- Against aggro, more early plays will help. I recommend Miasmic Mummy again since it can block an early creature and pre-emptively stop a future play. I also recommend upping the count of Fatal Push
- Adding more cheap creatures also provides more ammo for Whisper, Blood Liturgist if you decide you want to have another copy of her for more consistency
- Settle the Score doesn't do enough to help your plan to justify how slow it is. Replace it with more copies of Fatal Push and/or Vraska's Contempt
- Gilded Lotus doesn't seem to help your plan at all. I think you'd be much better off replacing them with more Swamps. That will help you hit your land drops more consistently and makes Cabal Stronghold slightly better
- Replace Soul Salvage with Wander in Death as a straight upgrade, just in case you get into a situation where you need some other card more than the normal effect
- Taking out The Eldest Reborn and Duress will weaken your options against Teferi decks and other control decks, so consider that issue before doing it
- Morbid Curiosity and Fortuitous Find don't do anything for you. Take them out of the sideboard
- Is there a specific deck that makes you want to include Dispossess in the board? If not, consider taking it out
11 months ago
1 year ago
Jeez man, decide what deck you want to play. Playing a little bit of Gift, a couple of curses and some good creatures will not compete with anyone playing just as good creatures, but with synergy or a finisher combo, or anything else that makes magic decks strong.
Do you want to go full weenie? Then do so! Cut gifts and curses, add Kitesail Freebooter to ensure that you dont overcommit into a board wipe. Cut curses and gifts, as they only slow you down.
Do you want to follow up small creatures with God-Pharoah's Gift? - Play more gates, cut as many noncreatures as you think you can, and maybe play some discard like Miasmic Mummy and some payoff creatures.
Do you want to go voltron with Yahenni? Add some more protection, pump and evasion, to ensure value.
Dire Fleet Poisoner without a single pirate... Yikes. This deck has several issues. The main thing about your deck: the cards are strong on their own, but you have close to no synergy. The second issue: You will run out of resources so fast, and you dont have a consistent way to keep up the preassure if the opponent plays like Sweltering Suns.
1 year ago
One thing you have to ask yourself when building tribal decks is imply asking yourself why you are going to stick to tribal? If your reason is pure flavor, that is fine. But if you are looking for efficiency, you have to have a good reason why you are intentionally limiting your avilible card pool to play cards that might be worse (but are tribal) than cards that might be otherwise available to you. The reason tribal decks often work is the synergy the have with each other. Allies work because they all trigger each other's etb triggers. Humans work because of the lord effect and the interaction they can provide with your opponent. Merfolk work along similar lines in that they have ample lords and a decent amount of interaction. Elves work because of lords the synergy they have in being able to generate obscene amounts of mana to dump your hand and simply have far more creatures than your opponent can block. The common thing between all of these tribal archetypes? Lords. They make cards that are otherwise pretty meh into cards that are extremely efficient. Zombie lord effects I found were Liliana's Mastery, Cemetery Reaper, Death Baron, Diregraf Captain, Lord of the Accursed, and Lord of the Undead. The downside of these lords is that they are all 3 cmc. You will want to hit all 3 lands drops by turn 3 to ensure you can play your lord effects. As such, you will likely want between 20-22 lands. This will give you between an 86.4% and 90.5% chnance to hit all three lands drops if you are on the draw, and a 79.6% and 84.7% chance if you are on the play. Until you hit your land drops, you likely want some way to interact with your opponent. This can be done through removal (preferably on a body), discard (preferably on a body), or even just by vomiting your hand as fast as possible as elves do. Zombies do not have a ton for great interaction, but there are card like Black Cat, Rotting Rats, Miasmic Mummy, Sedraxis Alchemist, and Fleshbag Marauder. These cards are also all very good with Aether Vial -- which not only lets you play creatures at instant speed, but also helps you vomit your hand a little faster. This is esecially ture with those 3 cmc lord effects. There are also spells like Nameless Inversion, and Crib Swap that count as zombie spells (and can even be returned to hand with Lord of the Undead). Fatal Push is also almost too good to not include, and Liliana of the Veil also tends to play well with zombies and can add some very needed interaction. Liliana, the Last Hope also tends to play well with zombies. Other zombies that can help provide a little extra oomph are Cryptbreaker (card draw, and a way to gain value from extra land drops), Grixis Grimblade (above curve with another grimblade or a Diregraf Captain, Gray Merchant of Asphodel (can be a great finisher with all the heavy costs), and Plague Belcher (works super well with Geralf's Messenger.
No data for this card yet.