Artifact Creature — Construct
When Electrostatic Pummeler enters the battlefield, you get (three energy counters).
Pay : Electrostatic Pummeler gets +X/+X until the end of turn, where X is its power.
|Have (2)||Mortiferus_Rosa , metalmagic|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Electrostatic Pummeler Discussion
1 month ago
Pioneer is just now gathering some steam at my LGS. Decks I've seen so far include ...
- Jeskai Control
- Mono-G Ramp
- BW Zombie Rally
- UW Control
- UR Emerge
- Jeskai Goodstuff (feat. Fires of Invention and a bunch of Planeswalkers)
- UW Spirits
- Mardu Aggro (like Mono-B Aggro, but splashing for Mardu Ascendency)
3 months ago
I just had a thought, and it's not an original thought, and an expensive thought, so sorry ...
... but Smuggler's Copter would REALLY help to smooth out the draw with this deck.
That way you wouldn't get stranded hunting for certain things.
Of course there is removal to worry about but, better they get rid of that than Pummeler .
Probably too many thoughts in there. Use or ignore as you see fit.
3 months ago
Just tested this against Burn and the results weren't great.
I can see why you have the Electrostatic Pummeler in the Deck - to make it more Aggro.
It isn't really fast enough to out Aggro the Aggro Decks in this format.
It does surprisingly well against Control.
The other thing I've noticed, now that the playtester is co-operating, is that there are quite a few times I am waiting for another land to drop.
I'd try to put at least one more back in.
Also I agree that Once Upon a Time isn't that great in this deck.
Most of the time I am hitting a lot of non-creature spells.
Sorry, I'm not coming up with many suggestions for improvement, just testing results.
3 months ago
It's so cool to see you back on TappedOut again! A new format that actually brewer-friendly (well, at least for now) is just soooooo exciting!
Like I may have mentioned, I'm most excited about trying to see if RGx Electrostatic Pummeler can work in Pioneer. Here's the deck I've spent most time on so far. I would, of course, LOVE any thoughts you may have on the deck! Some specific areas:
- I like the balance (of Creatures/pump spells/protection spells) so far, but I'm always interested in others' perspectives there.
- I've really struggled vs. Planeswalkers (e.g., in Bant and Sultai Control). Any ideas?
- I go back and forth on the utility of Once Upon a Time ... I've tested with everything from 0-4x copies, and I still can't figure out what the "correct" number is. Appreciate any thoughts you may have with the card!
Thanks in advance if you get a chance to look at this, and no worries at all if you don't!
P.S. Please give my best to StuBi as well!
5 months ago
Oh I'm blind how did i not see it in the upper left hand corner however Electrostatic Pummeler is pretty cool. after looking for energy counter stuff i realized how few energy cards there are and good ones at that
1 year ago
I've categorized the cards in your deck here: https://deckstats.net/decks/50753/1215572-animar
The following analysis is based on that categorization. Several cards are in more than one category, so I've categorized them based on their primary or common case. E.g. Ancient Animus is both "Removal" and "+1/+1 Counter Interaction", but you're going to cast it to kill something -- the +1/+1 counter is a nice bonus.
There's no explicit or stated goals of the deck, so I can't evaluate the cards against that. If you have a goal, let me know.
The core effect of Animar is to play creatures, which grows Animar. As Animar grows, he helps you play more (and more expensive) creatures. Some notable limitations:
- Animar only decreases colorless costs
- Animar only cares about creatures
- Animar only cares about casting creatures
Animar is cheap to cast and protects himself from most removal (due to his protection from Black and White). Because of this, we can assume that we will get him out early and keep him out long enough for him to provide benefit. We'll build the deck assuming Animar is on the battlefield at all times.
Since Animar reduces the colorless component of creature costs, we'll get the biggest benefit from colorless creatures. As with any unlimited cost reduction effect, we should look for ways to break the free case. The obvious one here is to bounce and recast colorless creatures for free.
Since we're playing all of these (hopefully free) creatures, Animar will grow quickly. Giving Animar good evasion will give us to win on commander damage quickly.
To best abuse Animar, we want:
- Many creatures across a range of mid to high colorless costs
- As many of those creatures in our hand as possible
- An many +1/+1 counters on Animar as soon as possible
- A means to make Animar unblockable
The easiest way to break Animar is to create an engine that casts colorless creatures and bounces them to your hand as many times as possible during a turn. We'll want ETB/LTB effects on those creatures and cards that care about creatures entering and leaving the battlefield. Additionally, we'll want cards that care about +1/+1 counters on a creature.
Favor creatures over non-creatures, as you get a discount on creatures. Try to keep colored costs to a minimum - avoid double or more colors in a cost.
Abusable Colorless Creatures:
- Myr Battlesphere creates four Myr tokens
- Precursor Golem creates two 3/3 tokens
- Artisan of Kozilek reanimates a creature
- Duplicant exiles a creature
- Anodet Lurker and Peace Strider gain three life
- Electrostatic Pummeler and Multiform Wonder give three engergy
- Reservoir Walker gains three life and gives three enery
- Grim Poppet gives three -1/-1 counters to put on something
- Meteor Golem destroys something
- Mirror Golem exiles a card from a graveyard
- Pierce Strider drains three life from an opponent
- Skyscanner draws a card
- Mindless Automaton draws a card via a +1/+1 counter interaction
- Solemn Simulacrum tutors a basic land into play
- Thought-Knot Seer can effectively mill and oppenent with ETB and LTB triggers
- Triskelion deals damage via a +1/+1 counter interaction
- Workhorse grants colorless mana via a +1/+1 counter interaction
- Oblivion Sower steals lands from your opponents deck
- Panharmonicon !!!
- Cream of the Crop
- Decoction Module
- Impact Tremors
- Leyline of Vitality
- Hardened Scales
- Simic Ascendancy
- Path of Discovery
- Warstorm Surge
- Wild Pair
- Herald of Secret Streams
- Thassa, God of the Sea
- Whispersilk Cloak
- Protective Bubble
- Aqueous Form
- Keeper of Keys
- Key to the City
- Passwall Adept
- Rogue's Passage
- Aether Tunnel
- Cloak of Mists
- Suspicious Bookcase
- Marchesa's Smuggler
- Tricks of the Trade
We'll want to get as many creatures down as quickly as we can. Card draw and other card advantage effects are valuable.
- Vizier of the Menagerie
- Sunbird's Invocation
- Stolen Strategy
- Rashmi, Eternities Crafter
- Garruk's Horde
- Descendants' Path
- Elvish Visionary
- Fierce Empath
- Wall of Blossoms
Changes to the Existing Cards
I would consider cutting way down on the amount of ramp. Mana dorks get the deck running early, but they don't have any synergy with the core effects. I suspect that's what was leaving you feeling like you had a dead hand.
Cards that seem particularly problematic:
- Wild Cantor . Requires a sac for effect. Doesn't get cost reduction. A dork that taps for mana would be better.
- Tinder Wall . Same as Wild Cantor sans the cost reduction bit.
- Vivid Creek and Vivid Crag . These both ETB tapped, don't have basic land types, and only provide off-color mana twice. If would strongly consider running Amonkhet cycling duals over these.
- Ancient Ziggurat . Be careful, as this mana can only be used for casting creature spells. I don't like this land in most decks.
- Bond Beetle . I have no idea why this is in here. It works once and has very little synergy with the deck. Verdurous Gearhulk would be better, but still not great.
- Green Sun's Zenith . I think a cheaper card that tutored to hand and then let you cast the card would be better, as you'd get the cost reduction effect and other synergies. No cards come to mind, but there are lots that look at the top X cards and tutor to hand ( Gift of the Gargantuan , etc.).
1 year ago
Also a note on terminology, you trigger Electrostatic Pummeler's ability by making it enter the battlefield, which gains you 3 energy. You activate Electrostatic Pummeler's ability by paying 3 energy, which gives it +X/+X.
1 year ago
If I attach Illusionist's Bracers to Electrostatic Pummeler and trigger Pummeler's ability, will the copy of that ability generated from Bracers use the power of the creature before the ability is triggered, or will it use the power that has been modified by the original triggering of Pummeler's ability? As an example, if I attach Bracers and then use Pummeler's ability when the creature is a 1/1, will it become a 3/3 or a 4/4?