|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Core Set 2020 (M20)||Rare|
|Core Set 2019 (M19)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Sphinx
Flying (This creature can't be blocked except by creatures with flying or reach.)
When Riddlemaster Sphinx enters the battlefield, you may return target creature an opponent controls to its owner's hand.
Riddlemaster Sphinx Discussion
3 months ago
- Sol ring is not modern legal.
- 75 cards means your deck will be less consistent than a 60 card deck. However you can have a sideboard of 15 cards maybe consider pulling some of those cards out.
- You have a lot of creature cards that get you vaule off your spells. However 23 is a lot of creatures when you want to cast spells. You may want to trim cards there. Espically the higher cmc ones like Sun-Crowned Hunters and Riddlemaster Sphinx
- consider spell cards like Rift Bolt Searing Blaze and Electrolyze
- although i said to trim creature cards Monastery Swiftspear is an amazing one drop due to haste, and can get really big from your spells.
- Firemind's Foresight is great because it lets you tutor for cards you want however its 7 mana which is a lot espically when you want to cast a lot of spells. For ideas for cheap spells (cantrips) i would recommend looking at modern storm. The entire deck is build around what your doing. Its something to consider.
- You have a fair number of gold cards, and cards that are double blue or red, so running only basics can be hard. It keep things in the lower budget you could run izzet guildgate. Cascade Bluffs isn't to expensive i think either.
6 months ago
Please remember to link your cards using double brackets
There is a difference between control and ownership of a card.
Control is who controls the permanent or spell on the stack; ownership is the player from whose deck the card came (or who brought the card in from outside the game, if something like Glittering Wish was used).
In this case, you own Riddlemaster Sphinx and control it. Your opponent gains control of the Sphinx using In Bolas's Clutches clutches, but they do not gain ownership of it. So, when it is returned to its owners' hand, that will always* be you regardless of whether or not you control it at the time.
(*Caveat: There exist some very old cards that allow changes in ownership to occur. These cards are not legal in any format and may actually violate local gambling laws. So, in effect, you will always be the owner of the cards in your deck.)
7 months ago
I‘d suggest replacing Sift with Chemister's Insight , simple because you can cast it 2x. Remove Air Elemental s and Riddlemaster Sphinx , add 3x Dream Eater , his ability with flash works Great,... and of course you could consider splashing for Teferi, Hero of Dominaria . That would also give you The Option to go for a more Control approach with your Mill,... maybe think about that. GL with your Deck, Have Fun!
1 year ago
Alright, that should be quite enough to go on. Based on that, there are a few ways to go with this deck:
1/ Milling an opponent - if you try to draw cards from an empty library, you will lose. So make that happen with the opponent. For example, you already have Psychic Corrosion.
2/ Artifact synergies - Both Dominaria and M19 sets featured artifact-focused cards in those colors. For example, you already have Sai, Master Thopterist.
Which one do you want me to elaborate on?
No data for this card yet.