|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters 25 (A25)||None|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Hanna, Ship's Navigator
Legendary Creature — Human Artificer
, : Return target artifact or enchantment card from your graveyard to your hand.
|Have (7)||Zyrook , jecder , brokendwarf , CampbellStev , metalmagic , , Pumpkinking913|
|Want (2)||PTsmitty , CardCarrier|
Commander Recommendations Start Commander Deck
Latest as Commander
Hanna, Ship's Navigator Discussion
3 days ago
try to add more enchant land like those:
Abundant Growth / Consecrate Land / Elvish Guidance / Genju of the Cedars / Genju of the Falls / Genju of the Fields / Imprisoned in the Moon / Market Festival / New Horizons / Nylea's Presence / One with Nature / Sheltered Aerie / Squirrel Nest / Urban Burgeoning / Utopia Sprawl / Weirding Wood
This way, you will be able to untap them with the +2 effect of Estrid.
Also, you should add more card to draw
Then, you should add some recursion spells like
Also, you should add some cards to protect you like
Then, you could add some cards to take permanents from opponents like
1 week ago
Time Wipe , Dromar's Cavern , Esper Panorama , Tainted Field , Tainted Isle , Dimir Aqueduct , Orzhov Basilica , Zur's Weirding , Mana Vault , Chromatic Lantern , Mana Geode , Rhystic Study , Emeria Shepherd , Hanna, Ship's Navigator , Scrap Trawler , Codex Shredder . There ya go. And these are almost exclusively odd. Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre might also be fun. I'm not really sure what you're going for with the Teferi's Protection lock. Are you looking to lock yourself/your opponents out? If so, using an Instant is kinda difficult to recur consistently each turn, it would probably be easier to just run a big ass protection package and find a combo that keeps you safe indefinitely. Sucks that the person didn't help you out, might wanna flag that the thread mods. Anyways, feel free to give me a better idea of your gameplan so I can make some more tailored suggestions!
3 weeks ago
I've made a number of recent updates here.
- Hanna, Ship's Navigator - I've got a few other ways to recur enchantments, and she's just way to slow. I've never had her survive until my next turn to actually use her.
- Fountain Watch - I prefer Sterling Grove since I can sac it if I need to stick some auras on an enchantment creature.
- Ashes of the Abhorrent - not really relevant in my meta.
- Vanishing - I absolutely love this card and may end up putting it back in. But flickering ward has been doing way more work for me, and there's been a number of times where leaving up is a pain.
- Paradoxical Outcome - with so many draw engines already the card draw was irrelevant, and I've never actually been in a situation where I was able to use it to save some permanents. Also I have ways to get them back from the graveyard.
- Wilderness Reclamation - I added it when Sigarda's Aid was still in there, but I don't think either really add anything.
- Authority of the Consuls - I've found it to be very minimal benefit
- Dawn's Reflection - While a great EDH ramp card, I already have the exact same function in Market Festival , and it felt like I have enough ramp without it.
- Soul Snare - I kinda liked the idea of the threat on the battlefield for a similar effect to Ghostly Prison , but I think it's just too weak of a card.
- Yavimaya Enchantress - I cut this long ago and I'm not entirely sure why... but she's back in now.
- Enchanted Evening - Haven't had a chance to cast it yet, but I can see this doing some outrageous things here. Makes any permanent, including lands: trigger card draw from enchantresses, buf Yavimaya Enchantress / Ancestral Mask / Tuvasa the Sunlit . It also makes everything protected by Privileged Position .
- Mystic Remora - not gonna lie, I mainly added it because I love the art. But I think it can be a pretty powerful card here depending on the matchup. And the cumulative upkeep is essentially free in EDH.
- Privileged Position - I had this in here already at one point but cut it because of the high CMC. But I think I've got enough ramp at this point to make it well worth having.
- Blind Obedience - Not sure if this is a keeper yet, but there is a Breya combo deck in my local meta.
- Mirari's Wake - Ramp! This card is insane, not sure why I didn't have it in here from the start.
- Omniscience - Not sure if it's a keeper because of the super high CMC, but it does seem like pretty much a game ender as long as there's a card draw engine on the battlefield.
- Earthcraft + Squirrel Nest - I just couldn't help myself, I want infinite squirrels! Earthcraft is also relevant on it's own with all the land enchantments. I may end up cutting Squirrel Nest , as I'm not sure I like infinite combos in EDH, but that's not happening until I have a chance to use!
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
Alright hkhssweiss, so I have updated and edited my deck a bit, and I wanted to see what you thought. Here are the cards I took out:
- Open the Vaults
- Font of Mythos
- Howling Mine
- Temple Bell
- Time Sieve
- Dawn Charm
- Archangel of Tithes
- Ethersworn Adjudicator
- Iona, Shield of Emeria
- Magister Sphinx
- Muzzio, Visionary Architect
- Thopter Assembly
- Windborn Muse
- Dromar's Charm
- Wurmcoil Engine
- Steel Hellkite
- and 1 Island
And these are the cards I put in:
- Grand Abolisher
- Aven Mindcensor
- Hanna, Ship's Navigator
- Grand Arbiter Augustin IV
- Master Transmuter
- Arcane Denial
- Hurkyl's Recall
- Imp's Mischief
- Faith's Reward
- Strionic Resonator (To play the Triplets' Ability more than once, just like with Paradox Haze . With this, I can even play it more than twice!)
- Crystal Shard (When I take over someone with the Triplets' ability, I can use this on them to bounce one of their important creatures and then immediately recast it. The best thing is that it is repeatable!)
- Venser's Journal (I just added this to combat life loss with Necropotence . Since it also makes me have a unlimited hand size, it combos there as well.)
- Mystic Remora (Do you mind telling me how to play this card correctly? My guess is just leave it around for one or two turn cycles, right?)
- Paradox Haze
- Flooded Strand (I finally splurged and bought a fetchland. That's what I replaced the island with. Only time will tell if it was a good idea. I think it was, because I can use it later on in any deck that runs blue or white.)
Anyway, if you could tell me what you think, that would be great. And again, thanks for all of your help hkhssweiss!
1 month ago
Continuing my advice...
Good budget cards ($3 or less each) with artifact strategies to consider adding:
- Sai, Master Thopterist
- Padeem, Consul of Innovation
- Unwinding Clock
- Shimmer Myr
- The Antiquities War
- Raff Capashen, Ship's Mage
- Hanna, Ship's Navigator
- Foundry Inspector
- Sphinx Summoner
- Thopter Spy Network
- Treasure Mage
- Scrap Trawler
- Myr Retriever
- Thirst for Knowledge
- One with the Machine
- Stoic Rebuttal
- Open the Vaults
Can add all these cards for about $20. Can add all cards suggested in both comments for about $45.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Cataclysmic Gearhulk
- Glassdust Hulk
- Tezzeret's Betrayal
- Salvaging Station
- Treasury Thrull
- Tezzeret, Master of Metal
- Spinal Embrace
- Enigma Sphinx
- Obelisk of Esper
- Seer's Lantern
- Star Compass
- Arsenal Thresher
- Jhoira's Familiar
- Synod Centurion
- Tower Gargoyle
- Death Grasp
The majority of these suggested cuts are five/six/seven drops. Cutting these can reduce the avg. CMC or your deck a lot resulting in smoother game play. If you like some of these suggestions I offer more advice. Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
Heya Fans, and welcome back to our show. After some practice with our potential new hires we come to our first look at what fresh acts we can bring to the audiences.
After much hiring and firing, then rehiring again, and many hours of choreography, I am happy to report we have had decent results. And that I'm convinced there could be physical changes made. If you disagree or think of something better, please share your thoughts in the comments.
These changes aren't so deck altering as some of the others I am still considering, but I'm still not 100% on them. Need some outside input.
Hanna, Ship's Navigator - ???: Closest things I could find that flies is Razor Hippogriff , Sanctum Gargoyle , and Griffin Dreamfinder but that only covers half. Or is this ability really necessary, can we work around our toys being removed and use this spot to fit something new?.
Azorius Keyrune & Ojutai Monument : for lack of a better word they seem 'cute' now. They seemed useful at first because they turned into flying creatures that shared the benefit other flyers do. Better rocks? Keep? Replacements could include Fellwar Stone , Basalt Monolith could be blinked with Brago... unsure what else is good and not overly expensive.
Favorable Winds : Is it really necessary, amid the other +'s it seems the least shiny, even though it's foiled.
Stay tuned for more to come! We're always trying to keep fresh acts, and as accidents happen replacement performers will hopefully be swift coming. Don't forget the suggestion and vote box on your way out. See you next time at The Circus!
2 months ago
Hey, nice budget deck, less than $100, well done.
Budget upgrades ($2 or less each, most are less than $1) to consider:
- Command Tower > Temple of the False God
- Port Town > Evolving Wilds
- Irrigated Farmland > Azorius Guildgate
- Etherium Sculptor > Opaline Unicorn
- Padeem, Consul of Innovation > Howling Golem
- Sai, Master Thopterist > Aerial Engineer
- Steel Hellkite > Colossus of Akros
- Hanna, Ship's Navigator > Daring Archaeologist
- Weatherlight > Ojutai Monument
- Meteor Golem > Pardic Wanderer
- Myr Battlesphere > Metalwork Colossus
- The Antiquities War > Always Watching
- Artificer's Assistant > Loyal Sentry
- Urza's Ruinous Blast > Mass Manipulation
- Azorius Signet > Azorius Locket
- Mind Stone > Worn Powerstone
- Counterspell > Thought Collapse
- Arcane Denial > Admiral's Order
- Dissipate > Absorb
- Negate > Scatter to the Winds
- Brainstorm > Chronomaton
- Impulse > Repel the Abominable
- Swords to Plowshares > Choking Restraints
- Dispatch > Pacifism
- Crush Contraband > Invoke the Divine
- Deep Freeze > Dampening Pulse
- Remember the Fallen > Not Forgotten
Can add all these cards for about $20. I offer more help if you would like.
Good luck with your deck.
Hanna, Ship's Navigator occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%