Choose one Creatures without flying can't block this turn; or gain control of all permanents you own; or Gruul charm deals 3 damage to each creature with flying.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Gruul Charm Discussion
2 weeks ago
- Tragic Slip (good against gods)
- Deathreap Ritual (good pull towards Golgari, good splash for Rakdos and Selesnya)
- Malicious Affliction (good black targeted removal)
- Morbid Curiosity (good in Artifacts and Golgari)
- Mirrorweave (seems like it could get pretty zany, also works as a functional wrath if you target a legendary creature)
- Slate of Ancestry (seems like a better option than Harmonize and the like for colors without CA)
- Thundermaw Hellkite (just busted)
- Hellkite Charger (lets speed up the game a bit)
- Illusionist's Gambit (a hilarious gotcha card in blue)
- Thalia, Heretic Cathar (this card makes the aggro deck in the pod much more threatening)
- Cavern Harpy
- Boros Charm
- Boartusk Liege
- Goblin Chieftain
- Goblin King
- Goblin Lackey
- Goblin Matron
- Goblin Piledriver
- Goblin Recruiter
- Goblin Warchief
- Ib Halfheart, Goblin Tactician
- Krenko, Mob Boss
- Skirk Fire Marshal
- Warren Instigator
Potential cuts (not removed, waiting your feedback):
- Sylvan Primordial (too much value I think)
- Sundering Titan (again, too much value)
- Nahiri, the Harbinger (she is good but doesnt support any archetypes)
- Merchant's Dockhand (very durdly. I actually hate this card, to be honest lol)
- Gruul Charm (doesnt do enough. There are better options to stop blocks)
- Merciless Eviction I think this is too good, actually. I dont want the build/reset dynamic unless you really pay a cost for it.
- Supreme Verdict (see: Merciless Eviction)
- Dovescape I think this will actually lead to too many board stalls. Not worth it.
- Reparations Doesnt do enough
- Darksteel Mutation (not necessary. We have enough good white removal)
- Limited Resources too mean.
- Tempt with Glory the tokens deck wants this, but I think it will only be better than a 6-mana put a +1/+1 on each creature you control when playing against gruul.
- Filigree Sages too little payoff for those stats
- Skill Borrower this card just sucks
- Shape Anew very bad. I love tinker, but nah.
- Black Sun's Zenith too good.
- Dread Return We said no reanimation
- Animate Dead
- Bonfire of the Damned too mean
- Starstorm too good I think. Rolling Thunder could be a good replacement?
- Tempt with Discovery I hope were playing with people smart enough not to fall for this trap
- Fang of the Pack (I think this card is not very good. I like that it has melee, but its not the best for a 6-drop)
Goblin Tribal just didnt seem viable unless you draft AND CAST Krenko. The deck leans too hard on one card and is too all-in for the multiplayer format. Sorry Goblins!
I left in the GU liege in case we want to do tap control in Simic, but I think we should move away from that archetype. I think I am more into ramp (Rashmi etc.) or cheating (Show and Tell effects). Maybe Simic is just good enough that we dont really need to plan too much for it. I dunno.
Still torn about Azorius. Do you think we have enough control in the format as-is? Can we do creature control with blinks? I want to move away from walls and wraths if possible, but I also want control (in whatever form we decide to do it) to be viable. Its important to me that there is room for control players to have plenty of fun drafting and playing, but its also important to keep the pace of the game. I think where we are now is a good mix of aggro/midrange slugfest plus control elements that cut them down and build CA over time.
1 month ago
I remember reading an article that expounded upon Heliod's Pilgrim's versatility and always wanted to have her in the 99 but just haven't found the deck to do it. She's amazing in here!
Add more lands you palooka (see what I did just there?)! Add 4 and more ramp to get ahead. 8-10 gives you a solid chance to see one in your opening hand. To stay on theme you could aura ramp, like Wild Growth, Abundant Growth, Font of Fertility, etc.
Though white apparently houses the enchantment kingdom, I'd find similar ones in the other colors. If I'm playing a 2, 3, or 4 color deck I (personally) like each color to be fairly represented. There's ~30 enchantments so allot each color 10. It'll force you play with more niche/lesser-played enchantments which could be a lot of fun (I know that's your main "win-condition" anyway).
I'm bias here but why is there not one of the Theros gods in here? This is enchantress, they're enchantments, this is like getting your cake but not eating it. I think all are fairly applicable in this build, and you could always add the avatars (Deus of Calamity, etc.) in for devotion boosting and enchantment wearing. That being said I really like the creatures you chose to hold the auras, they're pretty wicked.
I think you need a few more instants too to stay ready. Why not go a little wonky and add some charms for versatility? Gruul Charm, Naya Charm, Emerald Charm, Evolution Charm, Piety Charm, Rith's Charm, Seedling Charm, or Selesnya Charm each have at least 1-2 relevant choices, if not all 3 in extreme situations.
3 months ago
Allright! Your deck looks pretty solid from where I'm looking at! I did spot a few slots that in my opinion are less than optimal, but first thing first: +1!
Your deck is a liiiittle bit lacking in card draw for my tastes; I would include a card like Bred for the Hunt to remedy that. I'm also not a big fan of the phytohydra, but with a goblin aggro player on your table, I can see its merit.
The "bad" cards I've spotted are: Evasive Action, Temur Charm, Return to the Earth and Vanishing. In their place, I would include Heroic Intervention, Stubborn Denial, Kruphix, God of Horizons and one (or more) of the following charms: Sultai Charm, Naya Charm, Gruul Charm.
Firespout could also be something you may want to look at.
3 months ago
Wait. I guess Homeward Path is illegal in modern. I had no clue. My bad.
3 months ago
Akoum Stonewaker doesn't seem that mana effient
Xenagos, God of Revels could really speed up the deck.
Hope some of this helped, and looks like a fun deck!
4 months ago
PlutoniumWedding: Now that I think I have a pretty solid base of creating huge threats, do you think I have enough trample providers/finishers in relation ?
4 months ago
"Will you be my friend?"
Nothing is more terrifying than a friendly purple dinosaur beating you to death with a piece of cardboard.
4 months ago
Not Gruul? THEN DIE! Gruul Charm is obviously great. You just have to yell that flavor text every time you cast it.