Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Create two 2/2 blue Drake creatures with flying.
1 year ago
- Kin-Tree Invocation + Binding the Old Gods - Boneyard Lurker + Infuse with Vitality - Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner + Moritte of the Frost - Incubation / Incongruity + Quandrix Cultivator - Spellheart Chimera + Prismari Command - Final Payment + Humiliate - Zealous Persecution + Killian, Ink Duelist - Kaya, Bane of the Dead + Closing Statement
- Fleshbag Marauder + Brackish Trudge - Blight-Breath Catoblepas + Sheoldred, Whispering One - Audacious Thief + Unwilling Ingredient - Hagra Constrictor + Tergrid, God of Fright Flip - Blood Beckoning + Go Blank - Murder + Poison the Cup - Lazotep Reaver + Umbral Juke - Herald of the Dreadhorde + Feed the Serpent
4 years ago
Hi Pixi, the primary use of Quicken is just as cheap and easy card draw as I do not run many sorceries in the deck. Sometimes the opportunities come up and I usually use Quicken to cast Talrand's Invocation, Sleep or Acquire in an opponents end step.
4 years ago
O and I just thought of Basilisk Collar. Great fun.
4 years ago
The first thing that I would suggest is cutting out the bounce lands. Not only do they put you a land behind, but they also put you a turn behind. That's something narset can't afford. It would be better to replace those lands with basics until you can grab the shocks.
Next, I would take out all equips and replace them with buffing enchantments like Indestructibility and Tricks of the Trade. Steel of the Godhead is also a wonderful include along with Volcanic Strength.
Replace manalith with Darksteel Ingot. Ideally, you don't want 3drop mana rocks, but darksteel is better than manalith until you can grab moxes.
I would replace the creatures with either stax pieces or spells that make tokens, just so you don't fizzle on a narset attack. Rhystic Study, Mystic Remora, Ghostly Prison, Smoke, Raise the Alarm, Talrand's Invocation. The last two aren't great, but they all provide a small amount of protection against attackers. Replace Minds Aglow with Mind Spring for a better effect.
Most of these suggestions are budget friendly, mildly competitive and will get you set in the right direction for less than $100 (with shocks added to the price)
4 years ago
Because the Formatting doesn't want to work in the edits section:
4 years ago
OK, now for cuts:
- Howl of the Horde is only really good in a deck that youre going to be attacking a lot. 3 mana for a Fork is too much here.
- Talrand's Invocation likewise doesnt do a lot. 4 mana for 2 2/2 fliers is bad in EDH, and 6 mana for 4 2/2 fliers with Riku isnt great either.
- Telemin Performance just doesnt do a lot.
- world of war is also mainly only good in attacking decks, and most of your win conditions are combos.
- Fabricate is good, but you dont have a lot of artifacts that are critical to your deck.
- Chandra, the Firebrand is also pretty much a 4-mana Fork, which still isnt great here.
- Desertion is good, but its just too much mana for a counterspell.
- Hinder was mainly used when the tuck rule was still in effect, where you couldnt return you commander to the command zone if it got put into your deck somehow. Now, its become outdated. Same with Spell Crumple.
- Increasing Vengeance is good, and could very well belong here, but Im not a huge fan.
- Counterflux, Plasm Capture, Void Shatter and Voidslime are also fairly expensive for counterspells in a deck that isnt hard-control.
- Manalith is too easily outclassed by other mana rocks.
- Archaeomancer is possibly too much mana for the effect. This one is more of a personal preference, but it could very well belong here. Im just not a huge fan.
- Melek, Izzet Paragon is also too much mana for too little reward.
In case you didn't notice, there's a little bit of a theme with the above cards. None of them are bad cards, but in most cases, you're spending too much mana for an effect you can get much cheaper with another card. Or, some of them just don't belong in the typical Riku build.
Well, in any case, thats all I have for now. If youd like some other comments (perhaps youd rather not run so many infinite combos), feel absolutely free to comment on my wall again; Id be happy to make another pass. Enjoy!
4 years ago
Your maybe board looks like one awesome deck. Your main would greatly benefit from including bits of it. Regardless, if you want to keep it under $50 I will try and offer some budget options you may not have considered. Quicksilver Gargantuan is a great Clone and pairs really well with Stolen Identity. Identity Thief is awesome with etb effects. I also like Sram's Expertise, Servo Exhibition and Raise the Alarm all solid token makers. If you start seeing some value in adding more instant and sorcery spells, Talrand, The Sky Summoner and Talrand's Invocation are both solid in that type of strategy. I did see the incovation in the maybe board but if talrand makes it in the invoaction is good too. Elspeth, Knight-Errant starts to get out of price range but is so good I had to mention her. A few good board wipes are Descend upon the Sinful Planar Outburst and Planar Cleansing. The cleansing makes your opponents so sad cause it hits mana rocks too. Judge's Familiar Spiketail Hatchling Spiketail Drakeling and Spiketail Drake are all good targets for copy effects and give that extra value since they are counterspells on a stick, and they fly! One last good thing to cover would be draw. Since you are lacking a little, Jace's Ingenuity and Opportunity are both great at instant speed and really net a lot of cards for the investment. Mind Spring is really good since it can dig so deep late game. Think Twice Catalog Artificer's Epiphany Tragic Lesson all instant speed and most do not require a discard.
5 years ago
If I were you, I would build it like Polymorph in modern. Play 5-6 big dudes, Blightsteel Colossus, Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre, Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth. Then play things to sac that aren't creatures, Faerie Conclave, Springjack Pasture, Talrand's Invocation, Ojutai's Summons, Acorn Catapult, Hornet Cannon, Whirlermaker, The Hive, Spawning Bed, Foundry of the Consuls, Gargoyle Castle, Urza's Factory, etc.