Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Chimera
Spellheart Chimera's power is equal to the number of instant and sorcery cards in your graveyard.
legendofa on CMO's Purple Deck
1 month ago
Welcome to the club, CMO!
How much mileage do you get out of Saheeli, Sublime Artificer? With only four artifacts to copy, this might be better served as another Young Pyromancer if you want the token production.
Of those artifacts, do you ever hit 50 life for Aetherflux Reservoir? If you're just using it as a life buffer, that slot could probably go to something that helps you win more quickly, instead of slowing down your opponent's progress. Same thing with Everflowing Chalice: if it's not directly helping you win in an Izzet spellslinger deck, it's just slowing the game down. Some decks like to control the pace of the game like that, but I think this deck wants to go faster. Like Balaam__ said, adding a few lands would help reliability.
In general, a deck wants more copies of its key cards. A lot of 1-ofs and 2-ofs will just kind of dilute the deck. Pick the cards you like best and get four copies of those. As an example, between Spellheart Chimera and Kinetic Augur, load up on the one that you like more and cut the other. This will give your deck more consistency.
You could also get away with labeling this as a Modern deck; all of the cards are Modern-legal.
Above all, have fun!
DatShepTho on What's your favorite mechanic, and …
1 month ago
If it doesn't, I think it should be called Spellheart, after Spellheart Chimera, which looks like it's the first one to have an ability like this.
legendofa on $1 Casualty EDH. One US Dollar.
6 months ago
MagicSteve6 Thanks for checking them out! I don't have a developed list for higher budgets for this deck, but it can be broken down into expendable creatures with power 2 or greater (including tokens), controlling instants and sorceries, and creatures that enjoy lots of instants and sorceries. Any of these areas can be pumped as needed. Looking at specific cards for this deck, Moan of the Unhallowed can create up to eight tokens between casualty and flashback, and Talrand's Invocation can create a bunch of flying tokens. There are some options for better attackers, like Spellheart Chimera and Crackling Drake. And, of course, there are many options for the control spells, from Mana Leak to Drag to the Bottom to anything else. I hope this gives you some ideas, and helps you make it your own!
Kukkakaali on Tuhmeliinit Cube
2 years ago
Version 2.5. No more oyster: - Jaya's Greeting + Young Pyromancer - Chandra's Pyreling + Risk Factor - Chandra's Spitfire + Heartfire Immolator - Spelleater Wolverine + Warlord's Fury
- Aven Eternal + Blink of an Eye - Giant Oyster + Talrand's Invocation - No Escape + Vapor Snag - Witching Well + Mistral Singer - Of One Mind + Peek
Version 2.6. Kaldheim and Strixhaven boosters: - Colossus Hammer + Access Tunnel - Camaraderie + Fall of the Impostor - Cliffhaven Kitesail + Hall of Oracles
- Kin-Tree Invocation + Binding the Old Gods - Boneyard Lurker + Infuse with Vitality - Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner + Moritte of the Frost - Incubation / Incongruity + Quandrix Cultivator - Spellheart Chimera + Prismari Command - Final Payment + Humiliate - Zealous Persecution + Killian, Ink Duelist - Kaya, Bane of the Dead + Closing Statement
- Parhelion Patrol + Glorious Protector - Oppressive Rays + Doomskar - Pouncing Lynx + Codespell Cleric - Inspiring Captain + Leonin Lightscribe
- Concentrate + Behold the Multiverse - Kasmina, Enigmatic Mentor + Saw It Coming
- Fleshbag Marauder + Brackish Trudge - Blight-Breath Catoblepas + Sheoldred, Whispering One - Audacious Thief + Unwilling Ingredient - Hagra Constrictor + Tergrid, God of Fright Flip - Blood Beckoning + Go Blank - Murder + Poison the Cup - Lazotep Reaver + Umbral Juke - Herald of the Dreadhorde + Feed the Serpent
- Inordinate Rage + Infuriate - Heightened Reflexes + Claim the Firstborn - Furious Rise + Tormentor's Helm - Syr Carah, the Bold + Breakneck Berserker - Fire Servant + Rune of Speed
- Ranger's Guile + Snakeskin Veil - Reclaim the Wastes + Big Play - Scute Mob + Dragonsguard Elite - Loathsome Chimera + Regrowth
Heroye on Nope.deck
2 years ago
Because of your Spellheart Chimera and Crackling Drake, you'd be better off replacing the Charmbreaker Devils with Kiln Fiend. Charmbreaker Devils makes you remove power from your Spellheart Chimera and Crackling Drake by taking cards out of your graveyard. Therefore Kiln Fiend is better in almost every way, it gets about the same bonus for every instant/sorcery cast, it costs only 2cmc compared to the Devils' 6cmc and you don't remove power from your other creatures previously mentioned.
moxxem on Izzet Drakes [BUDGET COMPETITIVE]
3 years ago
Swilliam I really liked your suggestions. I was thinking of moving Blink of an Eye to sideboard and was looking for a good sub and Censor is just what I was looking for! I refused taking Spellheart Chimera only of one reason: it doesn’t pass the bolt test. Thank you!
Swilliam on Izzet Drakes [BUDGET COMPETITIVE]
3 years ago
If you do decide to run any more counterspells, Censor has cycling and can give you a bit of extra value. Izzet Charm is the same because of the variety of modes you can choose from As far as deciding whether to be more aggressive or midrange-y, I like the option with Sprite Dragon. You can also add some copies of Spellheart Chimera to lower your curve!
Swilliam on Pickle Tricks (Budget Pioneer)
3 years ago
Sprite Dragon might be a good addition here. Also if you are not exiling much, Spellheart Chimera is essentially another copy of Enigma Drake. Izzet Charm is versatile and can fit into most any deck of these colors.