Creature — Faerie Wizard
When Faerie Harbinger enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a Faerie card, reveal it, then shuffle your library and put that card on top of it.
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Faerie Harbinger Discussion
3 hours ago
2 months ago
Tribal harbingers? Does this count for your list?
9 months ago
9 months ago
If you're not interested in Nightveil Sprite , then I would consider dropping Inkfathom Infiltrator for perhaps Sower of Temptation or Faerie Harbinger to grab exactly Oona's Blackguard , and then putting in Secluded Glen for more fast land. I have a deck that consistently gets fast mana with glen using a similar package. You could also add a Glen Elendra Liege for even more faeries.
If you're scared of reanimation decks, then Faerie Trickery is a card as well.
1 year ago
To keep your theme I've suggested some improvements
Faerie Harbinger - Tutor for the fary you need
Inspired Sprite - Extra Card draw
Mistbind Clique - Basically a one turn time warp - more if you can bounce with effects like Glen Elendra Pranksters
Nightshade Schemers - Since most of your deck is Faerie
Scion of Oona - Faerie lord - the shroud could be beneficial too
Spellstutter Sprite - Counter spell - more if you can bounce with effects like Glen Elendra Pranksters
Sprite Noble - Weaker "Faerie" Lord - most likely to cut
Hypnotic Siren - on theme version of Spirit away but not dead in hand early game
Siren Stormtamer - counter spell
Midnight Banshee - might hurt with all the blue you play but strong against many decks
I would Remove Macabre Waltz, Fill with Fright, Send to Sleep, Wings of Velis Vel, Fear, Phyresis with Glistening Oil (repeatable infect + used as removal in pinch), Psychic Surgery, Sleep Paralysis, Waterknot (your in black use actual removal), Faerie Invaders, Oona's Gatewarden (sorry I know oona's the general but its a weak card) and Dauthi Embrace (I know you said its a win con but most of your creatures are evasive on their own)
2 years ago
As good as Mistbind Clique is, with so few faeries have you had problems casting and championing another faerie?
I haven't tested this but if you want to be mean I think Mistbind + Faerie Impostor + Quickling or any other creature that requires you to return a creature to your hand (Ex Aether Adept) but Quickling is the best since it has flash.
So for 6 mana you can lock out an opponent. During opponents upkeep have Have Mistbind champion the Impostor, then you can flash in Quickling to return the Mistbind returning the Impostor to the battlefield which then returns to Quickling to repeat next uptap phase.
You are also missing some pretty solid Faeries for a Fae Deck: Faerie Harbinger (tutor), Faerie Trickery (counter), Spellstutter Sprite (counter), Glen Elendra Archmage (more counters), Glen Elendra Liege (lord - great with Oona making 3/3s), Scion of Oona (Lord + Shroud), and just a fun one but Faerie Artisans basically it lets you benefit from all your opponents ETB effects sometimes you get a good creature to attack with but mostly it should be the ETB
2 years ago
Looks like a pretty good start. I feel like the general gameplan with this deck is to lay down some evasive flyers and then get out buffs on T4/5 and win in the air.
Assuming that's the direction you want to, my recommendation would be:
- Cut Faerie Harbinger, Faerie Trickery, Nectar Faerie, Oona's Gatewarden, Final-Sting Faerie and Thieving Sprite (18 total cards). These are all cards that either don't really further the game plan, have too high of an opportunity cost, or can't attack.
- Add 2-3 more lands (Creeping Tar Pit, Evolving Wilds or just more Islands))
- Add a few hard removals (Doom Blade, Fatal Push, etc)
- Add a 4th copy of Spellstutter Sprite
- Consider swapping Coat of Arms for the 4th copies of Glen Elendra Liege and Scion of Oona
That should put it at 60 cards. The idea here is to try to land creatures on turns 1 and 2, then hold up counters or Spellstutter Sprite T3 and then start dropping buffers to beat down in the air. Then you keep the handful of spot removals in case your opponent resolves a big flying/reach creature before the game can get closed out.
If you want to move in a somewhat more controlling direction, 1-2 copies of Bident of Thassa might be worth considering. In a weenie flyer deck, it can help ensure that you're drawing enough gas to rebuild if a board wipe happens.
2 years ago
I'm currently looking for upgrades for the Wizards precon deck, so this might help you.
- Panharmonicon only works if you have Inalla, Archmage Ritualist in battlefield, so it might provide only limited use.
- Mirror Gallery makes some of the precon legendary wizards playable, so you might want to look into that.
- Fatespinner might be an useful cheap wizard, though it doesn't provide any utility with Inalla, Archmage Ritualist, but it can be used for other wizard triggers.
- Dualcaster Mage Is pretty good card, which allows you to make 2 copies of an instant/sorcerry.
- Ashnod's Altar and Bloodline Necromancer makes infinite mana combo, so you might want to look into some good mana syncs, like Devil's Play.
- Vedalken Orrery and Leyline of Anticipation are pretty good, since it makes all your wizards instant speed and allows you to use bounce utility as counters.
- Cyclonic Rift and Vandalblast are some good board clear cards.
- Disciple of Bolas gives good utility with Inalla, Archmage Ritualist.
- Rite of Replication gives good utility with all ETB cards.
- Faerie Harbinger allows you to fish out Puppeteer Clique and Inspired Sprite, even better if you get Mistbind Clique.
- Trophy Mage allows you to fish out two artifacts, which might help you with mana fixing.
- Pit Keeper can give you 2 creatures from your graveyard.
- Aven Fogbringer can help you fight with players that have good ramp.
- Vedalken AEthermage worth it just for the wizardcycling.
- Gem of Becoming is always good choice for grixis deck.