|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters 25 (A25)||None|
|New Phyrexia (NPH)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Playing a Swamp after Mutilate?
- Does changing the target of a spell change the source?
- Can a tapped creature fight a tapped creature through pit fight?
- Will phyrexian obliterator allow the enemy to sac their critter with double strike before its second strike?
- Would Phyrexian Obliterator work against Aegis of the Gods?
Creature — Horror
Whenever a source deals damage to Phyrexian Obliterator, that source's controller sacrifices that many permanents.
Phyrexian Obliterator Discussion
1 week ago
Skillville Cursed Totem does hurt us. However, I think that we can work around it. From my experiences we basically just punch them hard, or force them to sacrifice permanents. Phyrexian Obliterator is a great card to use to force them to get rid of stuff that my opponents have that go against us.
You could hit cards like Pithing Needle against there commanders or something vital to them. It's all about what you want to run.
I also don't like Chrome Mox in your deck. I find that it isn't the greatest card for the deck. It produces us a black, but it gets rid of possibly pivotal cards that we may need.
As a side note https://discord.gg/QfSXgRD That is the Yawgmoth EDH Discord group. Feel free to join us.
3 weeks ago
Gifted Aetherborn is a very good card, also Phyrexian Obliterator is a staple in mono-black devotion. if you could replace that Liliana of the Dark Realms with Liliana of the Veil or Liliana, the Last Hope that would also be good. running Geralf's Messenger and Thoughtseize i think are commonly run in mono-black devotion. this is all pretty expensive.
1 month ago
Thank you for the input, 7H30F7.
I was torn about which Lili to use. Reason for no Lili of the Veil is because I don't have any cards I want to discard so I wouldn't be getting any advantage from her plus 1. I also just flat out really like how Lili the Last Hope has been performing in modern and thought it would be a useful way to get a Gary or an Obliterator back from the GY if needed. No Nykthos because I don't have any mana dumps for it (other than dread shade?) and I need my black sources early game at all costs.
Kitesail Freebooter is also a very good idea, I'll probably drop 2 Gatekeeper of Malakir for 2 Booters. Good call. Dark Confidant has not been fantastic in modern for a while I feel, plus getting plenty of card advantage from Phyrexian Arena already (especially with 4 now in the MB).
Thanks again for the well thought out suggestions, I'll be sure to post how it performs at my LGS.
1 month ago
I would also consider bumping up to 4 Phyrexian Arena and taking out the Dread Shade . I've found card advantage to be really useful, though this might not be the case in modern as I haven't played Black Devotion against many meta modern decks.
1 month ago
Notes from game on 09/08/2019:
- Bloodchief Ascension
- Exsanguinate - took out 3 players simultaneously
- Hex Parasite - OMG belongs in almost any black deck
- Lake of the Dead
- Overwhelming Forces
- Painful Quandary
- Phyrexian Obliterator
- Staff of the Death Magus
- Sword of Light and Shadow
Worth Considering for Removal:
- Arcane Lighthouse - unlikely to need / redundant with Detection Tower
- Lich's Mirror - I made a dumb mistake not paying enough attention to the win condition
- Maralen of the Mornsong (sigh) this was originally her deck
- Ob Nixilis, Unshackled - keep for at least one more round
- Platinum Emperion - belongs in another deck, redundant with Platinum Angel
- Soldevi Digger - very unlikely to need
- The Haunt of Hightower - I want to make this a better card than it really is, but I have to face it.
1 month ago
I actually have a deck I built that I designed to be my Signature Spellbook, but I'll show off some of my highlights:
- Exsanguinate - Ah the classic. I've finished more games with this card than... something that happens a lot.
- Phyrexian Obliterator - This creature is everything that black should be: big, high devotion, and just plain unfortunate to face.
- Syphon Mind - Probably my favorite black draw spell. Being two cards up on each of your opponents feels pretty solid.
- Temporal Extortion - Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I never play this card hoping for one mode or the other. I do my best to drop it where either mode is horrible for my opponents.
- Torment of Hailfire - Truth be told, I prefer this to Exsanguinate . I've put up some pretty ridiculous numbers with this bad boy. Even if it doesn't drop all of my opponents, whoever remains is usually so weakened they might as well be dead.
djroguelike on Pox
1 month ago
Após a temporada de trocas de cartas, essa é lista atualizada do Pox. Mudanças foram feitas para encaixas o Phyrexian Obliterator e Bitterblossom , que talvez sejam melhor no side, mas a vida é curta para jogar com carta ruim.
Com Bitterblossom, resolvi economizar nos pontos de vida e optei por Fatal Push e Inquisition of Kozilek . Como já citado, o pacote de descartes e removals pontuais são muito dependentes do meta, mas se essas foram a escolha do Reid Duke, não pode estar errado.
Obliterator é uma máquina contra Raio, e acho que a combinação com Bitterblossom, que é um terror contra remoções pontuais, dá opções contra qualquer oponente no jogo 1. Bitterblossom e Night of Souls' Betrayal não combinam, ou joga uma ou outra.
Optei por duas Wastelands main, e dois terrenos para substitui-las no side, principalmente contra Xu e Chico. Se um dia acompanhar os caras na lojinha subo para as 4 Wastelands de verdade.
Sideboard bem especulativo. Além dos dois terrenos, coloquei cartas variadas, para testá-las. Como não há combos e estratégias que usam o cemitério, sobra espaço. Se na lojinha a ideia for Burn, Lands e Miracles, aí muda tudo.
Uma ideia para decidir as cartas do side é ir de trás para frente: ao invés de pensar o que quero colocar, vejo o que quero tirar do deck e escolho cartas para o lugar.
2 months ago
I am on the fence as to whether or not I really want Dark Confidant in the EDH Deck I am building which will have a K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth in it. Paying that much life if I run into something like a Phyrexian Obliterator might be a bit, ouchies? Wouldn't it? Is it a good idea? The deck theme I am doing is basically power at any cost and the Ends justify the means so, would it be wise to go THAT far to obtain power?
Phyrexian Obliterator occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.05%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%