|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Sacrifice a nontoken permanent. If you do, target opponent loses 2 life unless he or she sacrifices a permanent or discards a card. You may repeat this process any number of times.
Forbidden Ritual Discussion
1 month ago
This is a somewhat strange request. The interaction between Dakmor Salvage and The Gitrog Monster is extremely strong, and very cheap monetarily. You should consider running a couple dredge cards for value anyways, as hitting 2-3 extra draws off a dredge is an easy and once again cheap monetarily way to get ahead in card advantage.
To humor you though, here's what I'd probably run.
- The full suite of 1 drop mana dorks Arbor Elf Llanowar Elves Fyndhorn Elves Birds of Paradise etc. etc. and some big dorks like Priest of Titania
- Cards that let me put extra lands into play for more landfall triggers Sakura-Tribe Scout Skyshroud Ranger Azusa, Lost but Seeking Explore Exploration Burgeoning maybe even Walking Atlas
- Cards that let me turn lands into effects or otherwise graveyard the lands Sylvan Safekeeper Constant Mists Crop Rotation Elvish Reclaimer Edge of Autumn Lotus Field Forbidden Ritual Reprocess Harrow
- Cards that love lands entering battlefield or graveyard Terravore Titania, Protector of Argoth Avenger of Zendikar Rampaging Baloths Undergrowth Champion Lotus Cobra
- Symmetrical black land hate cards that I can break parity on with Gitrog draws and recursion Smallpox Pox Death Cloud Desolation
- Recursion effects for all these land sacs Life from the Loam Groundskeeper Crucible of Worlds Ramunap Excavator
- Cards that go with my board hate subtheme here Torment of Hailfire Oppression Necrogen Mists Bottomless Pit Bane of Progress Back to Nature Black Sun's Zenith Damnation Root Maze Caustic Caterpillar
- Finishers if you don't want to combo, like Beastmaster Ascension Genesis Wave Craterhoof Behemoth Overrun Overwhelming Stampede
And from there, round it out with some efficient early game beaters, some spot removal, land ramp, and a bit of card draw.
1 year ago
I love the list, only thing is I think its a little exagerated and could use a little trimming.
Hour of Eternity is the eternalize mechanic, which was primary in blue, it is similar to multiple other blue effects, such as dredge in how it exiles cards from a graveyard, or clone and it puts a copy of a creature onto the battlefield.
Shrouded Lore seems like a very black card, its the combination of returning something from the grave and forceing your opponent to "chose" something that benifits you, similar to Torment of Hailfire, Forbidden Ritual, and Tyrant's Choice
Love the list, hope you like the suggestions
2 years ago
2 years ago
2 years ago
If you're looking to make this really zombie tribal, you'll need the zombie lords. I see Lord of the Accursed and Diregraf Colossus (somewhat), but I'd recommend adding in Death Baron (he's a bit pricey for some people), Lord of the Undead, Risen Executioner, Undead Warchief and Zombie Master. If you're looking to continue the discard subtheme, then Necrogen Mists will really hurt players, forcing them to essentially skip their draw steps. Additionally, I cannot recommend Phyrexian Arena enough...unless I'm recommending Necropotence aka the Skull aka the best card draw engine in the game. It does nonbo a bit with your discard theme, but eh, it's still Necro.
Thinking about ways to get rid of Demonic Pact is harder. The card's basically a flavor choice, and not even close to good in EDH, but I guess you could try trolly shenanigans like Phyrexian Negator, Smokestack, Possessed Portal (works hilariously well with Necro), Ratchet Bomb, All Is Dust, Claws of Gix (which is likely your best option), Curse of the Cabal (which is bad), Damping Engine shenanigans, and Forbidden Ritual. Aka bad cards and, in my opinion, if you're forcing yourself to play bad cards to justify playing a bad card which is in your deck because of flavor, you likely should just cut the offending card. Up to you, however.
2 years ago
It's like the Forbidden Ritual mechanic, but way better, like actually good!
No data for this card yet.