|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Rare|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Sacrifice any number of artifacts, creatures, and/or lands. Draw a card for each permanent sacrificed this way.
7 hours ago
Great deck bro. Definitely a +1 from me.
I'd recommend Urborg Justice and Morbid Curiosity in place of a couple of your instants and sorceries. They're both reasonably priced and more efficient than Reprocess and any of your 2 Mana kill spells. Most of the time whenever I play Urborg in my Yawgmoth deck, it wipes one players board since I'm sacrificing so many creatures. Plus it's an instant which is very valuable.
2 days ago
This is a somewhat strange request. The interaction between Dakmor Salvage and The Gitrog Monster is extremely strong, and very cheap monetarily. You should consider running a couple dredge cards for value anyways, as hitting 2-3 extra draws off a dredge is an easy and once again cheap monetarily way to get ahead in card advantage.
To humor you though, here's what I'd probably run.
- The full suite of 1 drop mana dorks Arbor Elf Llanowar Elves Fyndhorn Elves Birds of Paradise etc. etc. and some big dorks like Priest of Titania
- Cards that let me put extra lands into play for more landfall triggers Sakura-Tribe Scout Skyshroud Ranger Azusa, Lost but Seeking Explore Exploration Burgeoning maybe even Walking Atlas
- Cards that let me turn lands into effects or otherwise graveyard the lands Sylvan Safekeeper Constant Mists Crop Rotation Elvish Reclaimer Edge of Autumn Lotus Field Forbidden Ritual Reprocess Harrow
- Cards that love lands entering battlefield or graveyard Terravore Titania, Protector of Argoth Avenger of Zendikar Rampaging Baloths Undergrowth Champion Lotus Cobra
- Symmetrical black land hate cards that I can break parity on with Gitrog draws and recursion Smallpox Pox Death Cloud Desolation
- Recursion effects for all these land sacs Life from the Loam Groundskeeper Crucible of Worlds Ramunap Excavator
- Cards that go with my board hate subtheme here Torment of Hailfire Oppression Necrogen Mists Bottomless Pit Bane of Progress Back to Nature Black Sun's Zenith Damnation Root Maze Caustic Caterpillar
- Finishers if you don't want to combo, like Beastmaster Ascension Genesis Wave Craterhoof Behemoth Overrun Overwhelming Stampede
And from there, round it out with some efficient early game beaters, some spot removal, land ramp, and a bit of card draw.
2 months ago
3 months ago
@pewpewlaserz Self-mill is fine, but I've had a lot of success with binning a key few creatures and cheating them out. 7mana is a lot to have Balthor as your only reanimation spell. You miss out on the utility of fast reanimation like Turn 2 Entomb into Reanimate a Baleful Force . Suddenly, you've got a 7/7 beater and an overflowing grip of cards for the rest of the game. I generally do reanimation plays like that and keep Balthor in my back pocket to bring back everything that's been dealt with so far.
Necropotence does screw up the synergy with Putrid Imp and whatnot, but there's much more than discard to bin creatures. You can Dark Ritual to power out early threats. Crypt Ghast and Extraplanar Lens allow for heavy ramp into big threats that will die naturally. Soldevi Adnate can sacrifice our creatures in play to bin them. Buried Alive and Final Parting can tutor and directly bin creatures we need. I don't think a single nonbo is a reason to not run Necro. After all, Necropotence is the strongest black draw spell in the game (minus Ad Nauseam when built around it).
God-Eternal Bontu may be fine, but I've felt okay on sac outlets so far. Reprocess is fine, but I really dislike that it's not a creature spell. I'm not sure what the last card you suggested was; all I found was Ritual of the Machine . It's certainly an interesting Mind Control effect, but I think being a noncreature spell and stealing a creature that we can't reanimate is a bit out of line with my gameplan.
4 months ago
maybe: Dark Depths
5 months ago
Both Cabal Coffers and Cabal Stronghold can greatly ramp you so you can activate more abilities in a turn. Dictate of Erebos is a staple. Any tutors help the consistency, Diabolic Tutor , Demonic Tutor , and Vampiric Tutor . You need ways to wipe the board if one of our opponents gets out of hand, I like Mutilate and Killing Wave (both get around hexproof and indestructible). I like Reprocess with Shirei because it is free card draw.
6 months ago
8 months ago
Another artifact creature that begs to be recurred is Meteor Golem
And Aminatou, the Fateshifter is another blink effect on stick to keep you commander getting value from artifacts in the graveyard or just blinking ones in play.
No data for this card yet.