|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
|Mirrodin Besieged (MBS)||Rare|
|Mirrodin Besieged: Phyrexia (MBP)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Black Sun's Zenith
Put X -1/-1 counters on each creature. Shuffle Black Sun's Zenith into its owner's library.
|Have (6)||ChainerDragon65 , pskinn01 , , metalmagic , Pumpkinking913 , Nemesis|
|Want (2)||looneyclan , Suika|
Black Sun's Zenith Discussion
1 week ago
Continued from previously..
- Drop Necropede and add Solemn Simulacrum - land filtering, card draw, & chump blocker for a CMC of 4!
- Drop Star Compass - this is a slower, less useful Sol Ring (which you already have).
- Add Black Sun's Zenith - this can be a very budget friendly sweeper.
- I'm not sure how expensive is too expensive for your tastes, but you need more tutors. Demonic Tutor && Cruel Tutor are options on the cheaper side (as far as useful tutors go).
- Not budget, but certainly half the price of the previous suggestions... add Necropotence if you can. You have 40 life, use that as a resource. With the help of Reliquary Tower (which you should add regardless) you can old on to great cards.
2 weeks ago
Infinite Mana Combos:
- Bloom Tender + ( Freed from the Real OR Pemmin's Aura )
- Dramatic Reversal + Isochron Scepter + mana rocks/dorks that give at least 3 mana
- Palinchron + ( High Tide OR Mana Reflection )
- Dryad Arbor + Utopia Sprawl
2 weeks ago
As a disclaimer, some of these are not perfect 1:1 replacements. Essentially, any card on the remove side can be swapped for any card in the replace side. Remove-Replace Blind Obedience - Kismet : Slowing down your opponent's lands is huge and will make you "faster" in comparison
Huatli's Raptor - Mikaeus, the Lunarch : HR is low cost, which implies it will come out early, but it really works best midgame. Mikaes scales to any point in the game and can proliferate faster with all your "untap creatures" effects.
Inexorable Tide - Unbreakable Formation : IT is flashy, but slow to build up. UF is cheap, can save your creatures from a wipe, and if cast during your main phase, basically gives you a free combat round with no consequences.
Caustic Caterpillar - Black Sun's Zenith : You have tons of artifact/enchantment removal and without graveyard recursion, CC is just too small. BSZ can be cast for X=1 and then can be proliferated. Plus it recurs itself.
A few cards I found that would work great in this deck, but had no easy replacements: Gleam of Authority , Together Forever , Orochi Hatchery , Citadel Siege , and (I know you used to have it here) Vorel of the Hull Clade
1 month ago
This is a somewhat strange request. The interaction between Dakmor Salvage and The Gitrog Monster is extremely strong, and very cheap monetarily. You should consider running a couple dredge cards for value anyways, as hitting 2-3 extra draws off a dredge is an easy and once again cheap monetarily way to get ahead in card advantage.
To humor you though, here's what I'd probably run.
- The full suite of 1 drop mana dorks Arbor Elf Llanowar Elves Fyndhorn Elves Birds of Paradise etc. etc. and some big dorks like Priest of Titania
- Cards that let me put extra lands into play for more landfall triggers Sakura-Tribe Scout Skyshroud Ranger Azusa, Lost but Seeking Explore Exploration Burgeoning maybe even Walking Atlas
- Cards that let me turn lands into effects or otherwise graveyard the lands Sylvan Safekeeper Constant Mists Crop Rotation Elvish Reclaimer Edge of Autumn Lotus Field Forbidden Ritual Reprocess Harrow
- Cards that love lands entering battlefield or graveyard Terravore Titania, Protector of Argoth Avenger of Zendikar Rampaging Baloths Undergrowth Champion Lotus Cobra
- Symmetrical black land hate cards that I can break parity on with Gitrog draws and recursion Smallpox Pox Death Cloud Desolation
- Recursion effects for all these land sacs Life from the Loam Groundskeeper Crucible of Worlds Ramunap Excavator
- Cards that go with my board hate subtheme here Torment of Hailfire Oppression Necrogen Mists Bottomless Pit Bane of Progress Back to Nature Black Sun's Zenith Damnation Root Maze Caustic Caterpillar
- Finishers if you don't want to combo, like Beastmaster Ascension Genesis Wave Craterhoof Behemoth Overrun Overwhelming Stampede
And from there, round it out with some efficient early game beaters, some spot removal, land ramp, and a bit of card draw.
1 month ago
Lets look at what we should be adding,
I'd remove Revel in Riches . You really do want to be able to play that at flash speed to get your value from it.
Phyrexian Arena There is better card draw you can get.
Ghostly Prison With death triggers there are ways to remove your opponents creatures rather then worry about making them pay 2 mana per to attack.
Sword of the Animist . Only good if you are attacking a lot.
Skullclamp That one can go either way. I opted to remove it from my build. I found better options.
Thrilling Encore If done right you won't need your opponents creatures.
1 month ago
Toxic Deluge instead of Black Sun's Zenith . You also wanna add a Chromatic Lantern for some super nice color fixing! Cyclonic Rift is always a great blue card. You also dont have very many green ramp cards. you could do mana dorks Arbor Elf or spells like Farseek . Drawing cards is also always good Rhystic Study is nice. Thassa, God of the Sea is a great way to make things unblockable.
1 month ago
No matter the deck theme, every deck needs board wipes. Damnation , Crux of Fate , Toxic Deluge , Black Sun's Zenith , Bontu's Last Reckoning , Decree of Pain , In Garruk's Wake , Nevinyrral's Disk , Oblivion Stone , Cyclonic Rift . Pick 4, according to budget.
2 months ago
In order to handle the problem with milling your lands, it might be worth running, Elixir of Immortality
Black Sun's Zenith occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.04%