Each player loses a third of his or her life, then discards a third of the cards in his or her hand, then sacrifices a third of the creatures he or she controls, then sacrifices a third of the lands he or she controls. Round up each time.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
2 months ago
Rankle, Master of Pranks, Smallpox, Smokestack, Fraying Omnipotence, Innocent Blood, Necrotic Hex, Plaguecrafter, Possessed Portal, Pox, Barter in Blood, Call to the Grave, Curse of the Cabal, Living End, Living Death, Choice of Damnations, Assault Suit, All Is Dust
3 months ago
Players hate land destruction, so use with caution!
6 months ago
I see you went from 122 to 103, I hope I woon't suggest cards you have already considered.
First of all you were asking for cuts, so here is my take on that:
Snuff Out and Defile are a little bit on the low end of 1 for 1 value in my opinion. Divest and Thoughtseize are also very single-use. Faith of the Devoted seems slow and expensive. I don't see much value to Temple Bell in here. I am not sure I would use a spot for Crucible of Worlds either.
Hope this helps!
10 months ago
Nice work bro, I can smell the fear while reading your decklist. I'm thinking about massive sacrifice spells that you might wanna try, like Pox or All Is Dust, even if you sacrifice your commander with any of them you still keep your opponents cards.
See you around <3
10 months ago
When it comes to EDH, I like to use a 5-point building strategy. This includes
Ramp(the higher power stuff)
Every card in your deck should be in one of those 5 slots. Additionally, I consider cards like Fellwar Stone, Signets, Talismans and Arcane Signet to fit largely in the 'land' slot. They're there for ramp, yes, but they're also largely there for color fixing.
Also, your win condition should be fairly compact. You can take a combo route, or you can have a couple specific cards that can win the game on their own or with a little support.
In discard themes . . . you don't get all that much. All the discard payoffs that help in other formats are too slow in EDH.
So I'd take the Pox plan -- use Smallpox, Pox, Hymn to Tourach, Wrench Mind and Vicious Rumors to throttle your opponent's hands. Use spells like Deafening Silence, Rule of Law, Spirit of the Labyrinth, Leonin Arbiter and Aven Mindcensor to prevent your opponents from getting back on their feet. Then, hit them with some win con of your choice. Make it quick, though, because they will eventually get out of your lock and come for your throat.
10 months ago
Decks you want to make... But don't because your friends might not play anymore.
Do you have any like that?
Thanks to current spoilers I do. So don't follow this link unless you are ok with a spoiler Tergrid's Orthophobia.
The deck could use a bit of help. Mostly looking for a few decent ways to make infinite black mana, or infinite colorless mana then turn it into black mana. Other suggestions welcome too.
I just don't know if I'm willing to bring a deck that wants Pox so badly to a table, lmao.
11 months ago
Things I like
- Archfiend of Despair - I like. high cost
- Vito, Thorn of the Dusk Rose - good include
- Mangara, the Diplomat - I saw, I liked, I forgot
- Evra, Halcyon Witness - will consider
- Exquisite Blood - good wincon but could also lock game since not "may"
- Witch of the Moors - like, a little high for a non-closer. I like the control aspect.
- Forsaken Wastes - I like, similar to Sanctum of Stone Fangs
- Axis of Mortality - will consider long-term
- Near-Death Experience - interesting "combo" with axis and evra
- Phyrexian Altar - not planning to run unless a few more things to abuse
- Sorin Markov - considered but don't have at the moment
- Bolas's Citadel - always fun
- Dark Ritual - good ramp, can't abuse atm
- Doom Whisperer - with Witch of the Moors it helps but otherwise, the return from bin in the deck is a bit weak
- Necropotence - I don't like to always include
- Gravecrawler && Mutavault are no's
- Pox && Death Cloud - possible as finisher but does impact each player. iirc, active player goes first, not last. So if I need to sac the pieces that trigger on loss of opponent life, it'll whiff
I've played a small set of games with the deck now. It had impact on the game. Majority of creatures cast in the deck didn't feel of consequence when standing alone. I'm investigating more ways to gain life but also add "target player gains life" to abuse Tainted Remedy against non-life gain decks that just ignore it when it hits the field. Spells like Swords to Plowshares.