Well one card I'm surprised is never used in Gitrog and I think could work out well is Overlaid Terrain . Other than that, stuff like the quests, cards that care about the number of lands on the field and the like are probably best.
September 12, 2019 12:12 a.m.
This is a somewhat strange request. The interaction between Dakmor Salvage and The Gitrog Monster is extremely strong, and very cheap monetarily. You should consider running a couple dredge cards for value anyways, as hitting 2-3 extra draws off a dredge is an easy and once again cheap monetarily way to get ahead in card advantage.
To humor you though, here's what I'd probably run.
- The full suite of 1 drop mana dorks Arbor Elf Llanowar Elves Fyndhorn Elves Birds of Paradise etc. etc. and some big dorks like Priest of Titania
- Cards that let me put extra lands into play for more landfall triggers Sakura-Tribe Scout Skyshroud Ranger Azusa, Lost but Seeking Explore Exploration Burgeoning maybe even Walking Atlas
- Cards that let me turn lands into effects or otherwise graveyard the lands Sylvan Safekeeper Constant Mists Crop Rotation Elvish Reclaimer Edge of Autumn Lotus Field Forbidden Ritual Reprocess Harrow
- Cards that love lands entering battlefield or graveyard Terravore Titania, Protector of Argoth Avenger of Zendikar Rampaging Baloths Undergrowth Champion Lotus Cobra
- Symmetrical black land hate cards that I can break parity on with Gitrog draws and recursion Smallpox Pox Death Cloud Desolation
- Recursion effects for all these land sacs Life from the Loam Groundskeeper Crucible of Worlds Ramunap Excavator
- Cards that go with my board hate subtheme here Torment of Hailfire Oppression Necrogen Mists Bottomless Pit Bane of Progress Back to Nature Black Sun's Zenith Damnation Root Maze Caustic Caterpillar
- Finishers if you don't want to combo, like Beastmaster Ascension Genesis Wave Craterhoof Behemoth Overrun Overwhelming Stampede
And from there, round it out with some efficient early game beaters, some spot removal, land ramp, and a bit of card draw.