Back to Nature
Destroy all enchantments.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Back to Nature Discussion
4 months ago
Possible sideboard includes that are budget Back to Nature for Boggles, Sorcerous Spyglass for a catch all, Ancient Grudge and Smash to Smithereens for Affinity, Tormod's Crypt for graveyard shenanigans, Ghost Quarter for Tron, and Thragtusk or my favorite Bottle Gnomes for any Aggro!
But sideboards are always dependent on what you play against! Hope that gives some ideas!
4 months ago
A few suggestions:
Wrap in Vigor > Back to Nature - unless you're specifically hosing someone's Enchantress deck with this card, it'll be dead in hand too often to be useful and in a green aggro deck you can't afford cards like that. Wrap is an anti-boardwipe, anti-removal spell to keep up the pressure on key turns.
Heroic Intervention > Quietus Spike - Again, I think having anti-boardwipe and removal cards is important, and I don't think spike is a good rate. Almost every creature you run already has deathtouch, and the losing life trigger isn't relevant when you're trying to win with poison.
Shapers' Sanctuary > Harmonize - Sanctuary will be super helpful since everyone will be trying to focus down Fynn, allowing you to keep refilling your hand with cheap creatures. It'll likely give you more cards over the course of a game for less mana.
Vorinclex, Monstrous Raider > Arcum's Astrolabe - Cantrips aren't impressive in EDH and Vorinclex will help win you the game in one swing. If he's out of budget, try Overrun or Overwhelming Stampede .
I would also cut some useless lands that don't allow you to produce G on turn one and just add Forests: Gingerbread Cabin , Opal Palace , Sapseep Forest , and Forge of Heroes . The extremely small benefit these produce in the right circumstances is not worth having it be an off-curve land in an otherwise keepable hand, especially when it's so important that you play a creature on t1 and t2.
9 months ago
Sorry, I thought you didn't follow change anymore.
I have cut the last 2 Planeswalker, Vivien Reid and Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury. Primeval Bounty have also been cut in favor of Ashaya, Soul of the Wild, Squall Line and Back to Nature in hope to add more big threat and a possible Wincon and keeping removal and ramp capacity.
10 months ago
- Card draw:
- Sylvan Library : Card draw.
- Elvish Visionary : Cheap, cantrip, shaman.
- Mosswort Bridge : Pseudo cantrip.
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip : Pseudo cantrip. Flip = better Gaea's Cradle.
- Blighted Woodland : Comes into play untapped. Ramp card mid-lategame.
- Path of Ancestry : Potential card filter.
- Strip Mine : Utility land.
- Gingerbread Cabin : Forest with minor upside. No reason not to play it in mono green.
- Fauna Shaman : Tutor, shaman.
- Noxious Revival : Manaless. Allows another shot for wincons.
- Scavenging Ooze : Manasink. graveyard disruption.
- Card draw:
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary : Card draw.
- Beast Whisperer : Green conditional card draw.
- Guardian Project : Green conditional card draw.
- Runic Armasaur : Card draw (meta dependent).
- Compost : Card draw (meta dependent).
- Sakura-Tribe Scout : Early game shaman. Mana acceleration.
- Genesis Wave : Pseudo card advantage.
- Arch of Orazca : Card draw.
- Win more:
- Myojin of Life's Web : Too expensive. Very likely that you do not have enough cards in hand to make this worthwhile lategame.
- Patron of the Orochi : Quest for Renewal is cheaper.
- Gigantomancer : Cute, but 8 mana is too much for this kind of effect.
- Archetype of Endurance : Win more card. No real synergy. Asceticism Is better (although also not recommended).
- Trolls of Tel-Jilad : This is a bad card.
- Soul of the Harvest : Beast Whisperer / Guardian Project, cheaper. Almost same effect.
- Sakiko, Mother of Summer : Too expensive. Doesn't do enough for mana cost.
- Sage of Ancient Lore Flip : Very likely that you do not have enough cards in hand to make this worthwhile mid-lategame.
- Wildheart Invoker : This is a bad card.
- Sakura-Tribe Springcaller : This is a bad card.
- Loaming Shaman : Not enough card draw that allows you to get your desired cards in you hand.
- Essence Warden : This is a bad card.
- Vines of Vastwood : Very situational card.
- Squall Line : Not very good card. Situational.
- Krosan Grip : Expensive situational removal.
- Gilded Lotus : Unnecessary ramp.
- Tranquil Grove : Unless your meta plays a lot of enchantments, not really necessary. Otherwise, recommmend Back to Nature instead.
- Beastmaster Ascension : Your creatures are not big enough for this to work consistently.
- Spidersilk Armor: No tutors, not enough card draw to obtain it. Unreliable flyer prevention. Silklash Spider Will hold off flyers with tutors.
Staple cards are cards I recommend obtaining and using, since they are almost always good cards to have in any green deck. The rest is up to preference and should be taken with a grain of salt. I hope I could be of some use to you.