(4), Tap: An opponent chooses target creature he or she controls. Put a token into play as a copy of that creature. The token gains haste until end of turn. Remove the token from the game at end of turn. Play this ability only any time you could play a sorcery.
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Echo Chamber Discussion
2 months ago
Looks good! You might like these: Nacatl War-Pride (one of my fave cards. a beast with things like anointed procession and parallel lives. and if you populate a copy, the populated one sticks around indefinitely), Blade of Selves (like nacatl, you keep populated copies), Herald of the Host, Minion Reflector, Seance, Anointer Priest, Angel of Sanctions, Adorned Pouncer, Second Harvest, Parallel Evolution, Ancient Stone Idol, Echo Chamber, Serra Avatar, Well of Lost Dreams, Cradle of Vitality, Ageless Entity
3 months ago
YES, FINALLY "T"!
2 years ago
Here's a list of what I could find.
- Altered Ego
- Artisan of Forms
- Back from the Brink
- Blade of Selves (Though this one doesn't last)
- Body Double
- Cackling Counterpart
- Caller of the Untamed
- Cemetery Puca
- Clone Legion
- Dance of Many
- Dimir Doppelganger
- Dual Nature
- Echo Chamber
- Evil Twin
- Faerie Artisans
- Fated Infatuation
- Feldon of the Third Path
- Felhide Spiritbinder
- Felhide Spiritbinder
- Flameshadow Conjuring
- Followed Footsteps
- God-Pharaoh's Gift
- Heat Shimmer
- Helm of the Host
- Hour of Eternity
- Identity Thief
- Infinite Reflection
- Jwari Shapeshifter (Conditional for Ally creatures only)
- Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker (Combos nicely with Helm of the Host
- Kindred Charge
- Lazav, Dimir Mastermind
- Mercurial Pretender
- Mimic Vat
- Minion Reflector
- Mirage Mirror
- Mirror Match
- Mirror Mockery
- Mirror of the Forebears
- Mirrorweave (Helm of the Host on a powerful Legendary Creature, like Emrakul, the Aeons Torn and you win the game)
- Parallel Evolution (Not going to list all cards with "Populate", but same thing but this one is better)
- Permeating Mass (Not what you're wanting, but fun nonetheless)
- Phantasmal Image
- Phyrexian Metamorph
- Polymorphous Rush
- Progenitor Mimic (Easily can win with Biovisionary. Also pairs with Mirrorweave)
- Protean Raider
- Quicksilver Gargantuan
- Renegade Doppelganger
- Rite of Replication (Also wins with Biovisionary)
- Saheeli Rai
- Saheeli's Artistry
- Sakashima the Impostor
- Sakashima's Student
- Shapeshifter's Marrow
- Soul Separator
- Spitting Image
- Splinter Twin (More or less banned everywhere)
- Splitting Slime
- Sprouting Phytohydra (Not what you're wanting, though)
- Stolen Identity
- Stunt Double
- Supplant Form
- Tempt with Reflections
- The Mimeoplasm (Kinda?)
- The Scarab God
- Tilonalli's Skinshifter
- Unstable Shapeshifter
- Vesuvan Doppelganger
- Vesuvan Shapeshifter
- Vizier of Many Faces
- Volatile Chimera (Not what you want but still a copy-creature card)
3 years ago
Vortexflame, because it's indestructible. A mana rock that lives through Nevinyrral's Disk, Obliterate, etc. can steal games. Leaden Myr, as much as I love him, dies to a stiff breeze, especially in EDH. I can see where the concern for stealing it comes from, though I'd sooner expect them to steal Extraplanar Lens or Sol Ring.
I think Cauldron of Souls beats out most if not all of the artifacts you listed there Draw_Wurm, though some of them do seem like reasonable choices. Power Matrix in particular. Without Horobi out it gives you the option to turn the tides of a combat phase between two of your opponents in whichever way would most favor you. Handing Trample and Flying to the aggressor's most powerful creature can lay some serious hurt on the defender, whereas handing Flying and First Strike to a defender's creature could knock out the aggressor's biggest threat. Lots of political options there.
3 years ago
I'm pretty sure Echo Chamber wouldn't work with Horobi, once the creature is targeted it is destroyed and the ability is countered.
You're better off not using Cabal Pit, you have to sac it and then you're down a land. Better off using Desert so you don't lose much to gain a removal spell. If Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth is out it's simply pure valuetown. Of course it is conditional upon them attacking someone.
3 years ago
Been thinking about a few other cards with Horibo synergy. Mainly colourless cards that target creatures:
Shizo, Death's Storehouse. Produces . With Horibo, to kill target commander.
Urborg. Produces . With Horibo to kill.
Cabal Pit. Lifeloss, but an additional removal spell with Horobi at Threshold.
Tower of the Magistrate. Useful protection into a kill.
Echo Chamber. Copy their creature and kill it at the same time. Opponent chooses the creature.
Helm of Chatzuk. With Horibo to kill target creature. No real utility without.
Thran Forge. Higher cost, better utility.
Soldevi Golem. 5/3 that kills a creature when it untaps
Serrated Arrows. for 3 x murders.
Sentinel. Kills pretty much anything it can block with Horobi out.
Crenellated Wall. Blocker. to kill a creature with Horobi.
Contagion Engine. Potential wrath and Planeswalker boost.
Clockwork Hydra. 4/4 for . With Horobi takes a creature with it when it attacks or blocks.
Belbe's Armor. With Horobi, kill. Without, boost a creature on defense.
Barl's Cage. cmc cost, but a useful effect in Horobi's absence.
4 years ago
So I got a couple of interactions I want to be certain on...
1) Mogg Assassin in it's rulings say both players pick at the same time. Can I put Unnatural Selection on the stack to protect my creature AFTER they have chosen a target? Will the entire ability fizzle if either target is made illegal? Either by Unnatural Selection a target being Doom Bladeed? Basically when do I need to turn on my protection? Can I do it AFTER the flip, if I fail to win?
2) This is a lot like the above question, anything different in the timings with Diaochan, Artful Beauty? Will the whole ability fizzle if either target was made illegal?
3) Choose/Choice/Target are all totally different things right? Just want to be certain that I can more or less force them to pick select targets with Echo Chamber if I make certain creatures have shroud.
4) This is more of a open question, I just learned that equipping equipment uses the stack and so could be countered. Can I do this with other keywords? Such as Champion, Modular and Bestow (If it was Bestowed, does it just enter as a creature since it died)?
Thanks for Reading!